The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Normal Behavior?

Anything related to matters of the mind

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
I know it's been a while since I posted much on here so I hope by the end I will have explained somewhat why that is. I always wonder why people think trading a 9-5 day or any kind of job is normal. And then they blow their whole paycheck on the weekends having as much fun as they can in 48 hours or less. I used to do the same thing and I probably still do once in a while. I think that may have changed some for me recently though.

A few years ago someone told me about a book titled The Millionaire Fastlane . I work at my Slowlane job with him. Some of you might know him as Likwid24 and a product he came up with. So, to him I say Thank You. I think we both love our slow lane job but I think everyone is working toward not having to trade their time for money. And even though I love my job, I'd rather have free time even though I feel what we do at work is a good thing.

So, after reading the book I kept looking for different ways to make money. Finally, I found a business that seems to be working for me. I didn't know if it would or not but I took a chance and it has gone well so far. But friends and family think it's abnormal for me to work on my business rather than go out. But I would rather work on my business than go out.

I wonder why so many other people just don't see it. Friends invite me to bars to go watch football on Sunday and I do go, maybe once a month. I don't do it every week anymore. I play darts every week in a league but last year I made it there once because even though I enjoy playing and seeing my friends, I have a business that needed to be worked. And you know you always get, come on, you're working too hard.", "Take a break, you deserve it." Plus many other statements like that.

Why do I deserve it? What did I do? I don't see millions in my bank account yet that allows me to relax and not worry about paying bills. Though my goal is for that to happen eventually. Even my current business is not as Fastlane as I would like to be but it's much better than my slow lane job. I do have partners, which can be a pain, mostly growing pains, which we seem to have worked out for now.

What we have done is bring a product out there that fills a need or maybe even just a want for people for now. But it's going well for us. I am looking at this as a great learning experience while making money at the same time and plan to have it lead me to even more of a Fastlane Idea.

What really confuses me about people is when they ask me what I am doing and why I work so much. When I tell them I wasn't to make as much money as possible so that I don't have to work at a job anymore and I don't have to worry about paying bills, they say things like, "I just want to be happy." Why does happiness and financial freedom have to be separate? Can't I be happy and rich? can't everyone? I believe MJ said all of that much better in the book. I have read it several times and listened to the audio book while driving.

So, I guess what I really am asking is, why am I looked at as the one with abnormal behavior? Is dreaming of wanting a better life and actually working toward it that much of a strange concept to people? I don't think I ever thought quite like that but I didn't quite think like this either. I was probably somewhere in between, which still left me nowhere, until now.

I'm still working hard but I finally see that it will eventually pay off in the end. So, if I don't go out with the guys for now, even though I still keep in touch with them, and I don't play darts and maybe skip one or two vacations so that I can have much better ones, sooner rather than later, why does everyone not see this as normal behavior?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
You are doing what it takes.

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
Thanks SteveO. My time management skills still suck so that is what I am trying to improve on now. I don;t check email first thing in the morning anymore, unless I know I have to for something business related. I don;t turn my phone on right away when I get out of bed, unless I know I have to call someone about something important. When I do go on Facebook, I make sure it is when I have time to do it and relax for a couple of minutes before I get back into doing what I need.

But most of what I do on Facebook is post things to help my business and look for what others are doing to help theirs. I read for pleasure sometimes as my brain needs an occasional break. Though now it is 80% learning material, maybe more at times and 20% pleasure instead of the other way around.

I'd rather learn something new every day than read about what dragons and werewolves are doing. Unless I plan to write fantasy books. Which I have read plenty of and love to read.

I have finally learned, figured out, that it only happens by what you DO, not by what you THINK. So, when I finally started doing what needs to be done and taking action, I realized some other of my friends had already done it and even though I knew what they were doing I hand;t realized it.

I grew up with them and one is now touring the world and The U.S.A. playing his guitar. For his own stuff and band recording for others. Another is about to have his 5th book published. Another one just signed a contract for her fist book. So, what I think people need to learn is that it CAN be DONE. But it will never happen without ACTION! I probably have more friends that have done things that I am just not remembering right now. Including some guy who invented something called The Paint Brush Cover and The Roller Cover. Things seem to be moving forward rapidly for them and finally starting to move for me too.

Both the guitarist and the author have been asked how it feels to be an overnight success. Both give the same answer. The process took them 20-30 years and now it feels great!

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
And this is why most people won't understand why.
success.jpg

Good luck, mate, and may the odds be forever in your favour.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
And this is why most people won't understand why.
success.jpg

Good luck, mate, and may the odds be forever in your favour.
Its so true! No one sees the hard work!
But that work and the process are the parts that matter most!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.