The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Paypal sucks! What are my other options?

D

Deleted17784

Anyone jump ship from Paypal? What do you use now?

I've had nothing but problems this past year using paypal while traveling. Account frozen multiple times. Calling them being left on hold for 30+ minutes calling international. Problems still unresolved...

They want me to set up an account for each country I am in... But I travel constantly. Create a travel profile... I'm not allowed to.

Now my account is totally frozen even though I'm verified and have any info they ask me for... Customer service told me to "fly to America and sign in from my home PC".... WTF? I have no home PC. They said "have my seller invoice me then try to send them payment, maybe that will work"... MAYBE??!!! They are making me crazy.

Anything out there geared more toward the digital nomad?

Can't wire funds from my bank but I need to do something ASAP! What do you guys use to process payments besides paypal?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
What do you mean by processing payments? Are you talking processing customer orders as it sounds like you are talking about paying suppliers.

If it is paying suppliers you can use a company like Travelex. I used them for years before switching to another company that had cheaper rates and were easier to deal with. I have an account manager that I either email or phone and say send X supplier Y money in Z currency and that's it. Sometimes he will say something like "can you hold on for a couple of days as the dollar rate sucks right now but its just a 48 hour market reaction and will settle down by the end of the week". Saved me quite a bit of money over a years.

You do need to jump through lots of hoops to set up the account (at least in the UK with money laundering regs etc.) but is worth it. In general you will also get much better exchange rates than PayPoo and far less grief. IMHO anything owned by eBay will be a administrational ball ache.

Only downside is it can take 4-5 days for it to hit the suppliers bank account so can hold up shipment with them unless you have built up a good relationship.

Why can't you do a wire transfer from your bank?

D

Deleted17784

Set up a VPS in the US and sign in to paypal through it.

Why didn't I think of that? :notworthy:

I'm looking for something like paypal that doesn't lock me out every month! It appears there is no coming back this time. I do some ecommerce, affiliate marketing and other random projects. Just need to easily send and receive payments from all over the world. My bank account back home is a small local bank. Not seeing the option to wire funds.

I will look into the options suggested here. Thanks guys.

David P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Sep 27, 2014
Download Torch Browser, based on Chromium, like Chrome.

Then Download Hola, from hola.org,

Choose your VPN, server location, and sign in ...... also works for other things,
notably Netflix, if you have an account, that account will work wherever the Geo location
service they use sees you, hence from anywhere in the world choose your location server...
US, and log in.

Enjoy

D

Deleted17784

HOLA!!! That's what I had on my old laptop that was stolen. Worked great! Couldn't remember the name for some reason. Just tried Tunnel Bear and it didn't work... My Paypal is saying my device is not verified. Wants to call to confirm and wont except a foreign number. More hoops to jump through... Maybe I will call a trusted friend in the US to help. I will try again with Hola because it is a great service, but I think I will need a more permanent solution then tricking paypal with VPNs.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
HOLA!!! That's what I had on my old laptop that was stolen. Worked great! Couldn't remember the name for some reason. Just tried Tunnel Bear and it didn't work... My Paypal is saying my device is not verified. Wants to call to confirm and wont except a foreign number. More hoops to jump through... Maybe I will call a trusted friend in the US to help. I will try again with Hola because it is a great service, but I think I will need a more permanent solution then tricking paypal with VPNs.

Like I said, windows server in the US (they are like $10-20/month), connect to it through remote desktop. Install a proper browser on it and access paypal. No tricking involved. For US number use google voice, its free.

I use this myself, although not for paypal, but for my banking software which runs on windows only...

David P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Sep 27, 2014
Yep, I totally agree Skins,

Have a look at Skrill, the new MoneyBookers, could be of interest as well.

They have the Credit Card option, just like PayPal, and if you can get it to someone you trust,
you can use the money in the "virtual account" to be used on your card, which is pretty neat.

Have a look, I have one, but I was in place before I started to move around.
Once it has been established, it is easier, have a look.

Good luck

D

Deleted17784

Hola didn't work... Now they don't recognize my device... I owe my supplier cash and he thinks I'm a bullshitter now. All the money I gave Paypal over the years and they leave me hanging like this...

David P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Sep 27, 2014
Hola didn't work... Now they don't recognize my device... I owe my supplier cash and he thinks I'm a bullshitter now. All the money I gave Paypal over the years and they leave me hanging like this...
For now, can you get someone to log in for you, call someone you trust and do it over the phone,
they connect from the US, and pay your supplier, then change the password.

after that, get a VPN server in the US, theag, has a point try it for a month,
see what happens then.

Sorry it didn't work, good luck....

D

Deleted17784

For now, can you get someone to log in for you, call someone you trust and do it over the phone,
they connect from the US, and pay your supplier, then change the password.

after that, get a VPN server in the US, theag, has a point try it for a month,
see what happens then.

Sorry it didn't work, good luck....

Thanks Guys. I appreciate you taking the time to help. I had my friend pick up a check from my mother in the US... (She has my check book for emergencies.)

He will deposit it then send the payment via his paypal... I feel like I'm making this way more complicated then it has to be.:headbanger: Looking for more options, just need this one payment sent ASAP. It's late and that's not my style.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

Jesus stop whinning. PayPal don't give a rats arse how much money you put through their site. All the moaning in the world does jack. What they are trying to do is make your account secure so you don't get ripped off from some overseas scammers. Yes it is inconvenient but you should have put processes in place before leaving the States. This is down to lack of preparation on your part not PayPals.

If your supplier doesn't understand your issue then you need a better relationship or a new supplier. Why can't you wire money from your bank? It's a standard banking process that all banks cater for surely.

GodMode52

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Sep 26, 2013
1) Use always the same machine to log on your pay pal account (notebook/smartphone)
2) Use VPN software. Try to stick with the same one as much as possible. You can get some dedicated ones for less than 5 bucks/m

An Iphone + free vpn app is usually the quickest and cheapest solution, I personally never had problems with it even while using free wi-fi spots around the EU bars.

With this said we all know that pay pal sucks bit time , however as today it's an necessary evil for almost any online business. You can try 2checkout.com and skrill.com , they both have some positives and negatives VS pay pal so it's really about what type of business you run online and your specific needs.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hoping Paypal strengthens when it becomes a wholly separate company from eBay. The largest problem with Paypal was their incestuous relationship with eBay, and freezing funds intertwined with eBay transactions. All that is supposed to end when they become a separate, independent and unrelated entity. Time will tell.

D

Deleted17784

Jesus stop whinning. PayPal don't give a rats arse how much money you put through their site. All the moaning in the world does jack. What they are trying to do is make your account secure so you don't get ripped off from some overseas scammers. Yes it is inconvenient but you should have put processes in place before leaving the States. This is down to lack of preparation on your part not PayPals.

If your supplier doesn't understand your issue then you need a better relationship or a new supplier. Why can't you wire money from your bank? It's a standard banking process that all banks cater for surely.

I guess every thread needs at least one a**hole. Thanks for contributing. I looked into travelex but it's not for me. Do you know about my preparation before traveling? image.jpg
#5 Enter the dates of travel..... Trip must not last more then a year.

Well my year is up. Looking for other options now. I know Paypal doesn't give a shit. I appreciate the security they provide but they are over doing it in my opinion. I've spoke to them multiple times and regardless of personal info I provide my account is frozen. If you have nothing more valuable to add F*ck off.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I thought I added plenty of value. If that was the only preparation you made my comments still stand. Just be man enough to accept you weren't prepared. I am glad you got it sorted though.

I had my PayPal account put on stop a couple of weeks ago for 3 days. No reason given. Nothing out of the ordinary for PayPal. They are a law unto themselves. That might change when eBay break their ties but who knows. In the meantime it's wise to have other options in place so you are not caught with your pants down. We learn, we adapt, we grow and we move on.

D

Deleted17784

I thought I added plenty of value. If that was the only preparation you made my comments still stand. Just be man enough to accept you weren't prepared. I am glad you got it sorted though.

I had my PayPal account put on stop a couple of weeks ago for 3 days. No reason given. Nothing out of the ordinary for PayPal. They are a law unto themselves. That might change when eBay break their ties but who knows. In the meantime it's wise to have other options in place so you are not caught with your pants down. We learn, we adapt, we grow and we move on.

I simply asked for payment processing options besides Paypal. You recommended Travelex... I thanked you and looked into it.

Then you wandered back into my thread to tell me to "stop whining." I told you to F*ck off. Now you are back adding zero value and telling me to man up.

Actually my one year of travel is up next month and I've been having problems all year regardless of alerting Paypal. Not sure why I'm explaining myself to you? Just in case I wasn't clear before... Thanks for telling me about Travelex, now F*ck OFF!!! Your opinion means shit to me.

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
Can vouch for Skrill (former Moneybookers). No hassles and the few issues I had were solved within couple of minutes on the phone whereas the same problem can take DAYS to solve on Paypal.

themaxx

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 14, 2014
London, UK
They want me to set up an account for each country I am in... But I travel constantly. Create a travel profile... I'm not allowed to.
Buy a VPN service, and then when you connect you'll appear to be in one country no matter where you are physically located.

Edit: just seen that this is already recommended above. I can't see how to delete my post so please ignore

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
Personal or business account?

Business account - if all set up legit you can set up a local Skype number in the country that the PP account is registered in. Make this the primary contact number. Now you can call from and they can contact you on a local number. This seems to be important - when I tried to change it to a foreign number they mentioned if they couldn't contact me on that exact number they would lock my account.

Do it that way and how do they know you are even abroad other than the IP which is easily hidden with VPN right?

Not sure how much you make on PP but once you reach a certain threshold you get your own personal account manager who you can call direct 7 days a week (if they not available it goes to another account manager). No more waiting in que's or having to verify accounts or locked accounts.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Did you even read my recommendation? Seems like you didnt because it would solve your problem 100% for a few bucks a month. Get a windows VPS (=server) in the US, remote connect to it, and DONE. /thread

A VPS is something COMPLETELY different than a VPN by the way......

Some people just cant be helped.......

D

Deleted17784

Did you even read my recommendation? Seems like you didnt because it would solve your problem 100% for a few bucks a month. Get a windows VPS (=server) in the US, remote connect to it, and DONE. /thread

A VPS is something COMPLETELY different than a VPN by the way......

Some people just cant be helped.......

Yes I read it and thanked you...... I understand VPS is different then VPN. How do you overcome the issue of logging in from a device that is not trusted?

Smart a$$ comments aren't necessary.

GodMode52

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Sep 26, 2013
How do you overcome the issue of logging in from a device that is not trusted?

This is actually a bit in the grey area but you could easily save your trusted device browser cookies on a cloud service (dropbox,iClous,etc) and copy paste them on a new device whenever you need to do so. However if you switch device on weekly basis it could become a time sink.

masterbrent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 15, 2014
Hidemyass.com. Get a paid account. $60 a year. Would be worth it for you.

Or get a remote desktop. Lookup "Commercial network solutions".

That way you always login to paypal from the same ip address.

Hope you find a good solution.

P.s. yes paypal sucks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.