The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Am I going crazy, or? Insight wanted!

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
This is going to sound bat shit crazy, but I'd some insight from my fellow fastlaners.

I know that in the secret, they say "Think about it and it will happen". I've applied that in the most realistic way. I just keep grinding and visualizing my goal. Not, work a bit and think most of the time.

Anyway, lately I cannot tell you how many times things have happened to me that were more than just "Oh, a coincidence".

I'll write a little list

- First time in forever, went on Ferrarichat.com. I clicked a thread that was about the new Tesla D. I was watching southpark at the moment RIGHT when I clicked the thread and saw Tesla D, I heard on TV "And now, lets all welcome the CEO of Tesla Motors, Elon Musk!". I am talking exactly at the same time
- Girl I hadn't talked to in AGES. I thought about her randomly and looked her up on instagram. Nope, no profile. The next morning I wake up and see "Your friend ______ has joined instagram!". And guess who it was. The girl.

Now there are plenty more (Can't remember now because it's so frequent), but just people or things you haven't talked about or heard of in ages and then randomly it's mentioned.

So my question is this. - Have any of you experienced this. And if you genuinely believe in it, what do you do with it?

I'll say it once more. This is more than a coincidence. This is like precise thoughts that are brought up in one form or another almost instantly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Sure, keep telling yourself that.

LOL. I never said I sit there and try to harness some magical power that brings me things. However, I've seen plenty of others say that what they think about, it sort of shows itself in one way or another. If that makes any sense.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
You're not crazy bro. I've had quite a few experiences like this.

One specifically, I was confused about what kind of business I should start, but I decided to not stress about it, and inspiration would come from somewhere.

A week later, my dad came to me randomly and said, "son, I have this idea for a business.."

That's how my current business got started.

im-really-scared-of-emma-watson.jpg

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Exactly what I'm talking about! I went to a restaurant when I was like... 12, and we hadn't spoken of it since. It was really cool, you'd get to draw on the table cloth as a little gimmick. I brought it up to one of my siblings and they go "Ha, I was just talking to my friend about that today!".

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Was that Montana's by any chance? They have something like that there, and I still draw on the table cloth lol

Entrepreneur99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 6, 2014
I have thought about this very topic and have came to a sensible conclusion which I believe to be correct. In a SINGLE day, the average human will have between 50,000 and 70,000 thoughts. The odds of a thought popping into your head and an event happening in your life relating to that thought at the very same time are slim, until we multiply that chance by 70,000. This means at some point in the week, you are more likely than not to have at least ONE thought, or even be acting on that one thought, and something on TV or social media etc. relating to that thought comes up! Hope you can understand where I'm coming from here. Humans like to find patterns where there are not actually patterns. Just how many times do you check up on a person on social media, and then absolutely nothing related to that person happens in the next year? more often than not my friend.

Yasai

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 26, 2014
The coincidences don't happen more frequently, your mind is just inclined (or I should say "aligned") to notice them more often.

Here's an experiment you can do:
Notice all the red things in your room. You have 30 seconds to memorize as many as you can.
Close your eyes. Name as many red things/objects as you can, without opening your eyes.
Now...
Keep your eyes closed and name as many blue things as you can.

You can see where this is going. You'll be unable to name more blue than red things.

This is selective attention. It's a filter you installed in your mind, so it's no wonder you notice those "coincidences" (which are just everyday events that you happen to attribute some special meaning to, based on your filter).

So, is "having a perspective/psychological filter" a bad thing?
Not at all. In fact, it is quite useful if you know how to apply it.
A filter can make the difference between being an optimistic or a pessimistic person.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Gotta be honest, it's a little disrespectful that you guys just come in here and shit on my thread because you don't agree with it. I mean seriously.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Gotta be honest, it's a little disrespectful that you guys just come in here and shit on my thread because you don't agree with it. I mean seriously.

Maybe it would help I you would create better threads.

Also your signature is so slowsidewalky that I just cant take you seriously :(

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Yeah, the thread sucked, so stay out of it? How's that. Also, the signature is blatant sarcasm.

No matter what way you twist this. You guys came into my thread and just ruined it... just because. I guess it's ok when you guys do it to me, but if I did it?

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I never would because I'd respect what you posted. And if I did, it certainly wouldn't be a girl that looks almost masculine.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I never would because I'd respect what you posted. And if I did, it certainly wouldn't be a girl that looks almost masculine.

Lol I dont. RichKid I'm coming for your threads :asshat:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.