The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No Honesty In Sight Just... Zombies

Anything related to matters of the mind

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Why are people so afraid of honesty in business?

People seem to always puff up the truth with some kind of brainwashing nonsense, in order to fake credibility and hopefully suspend disbelief, in order to snare a buck they'll probably waste anyways.

I walk around town, and everywhere I go, it is just people COPYING some a##hole.
Then when you question them, they get irrate and scream about some bullsh#t rationalisation they spent no more than 3 seconds to develop. It is really stupid because this behaviour sucks the life out of the value of the service and product.

Why am I going to give money to a disingenuine zombie who will waste that cash? It feels like they are just taking the p#ss.

These zombies are just so d#mn superficial they don't even see how it is causing themselves unhappiness and imposing b#llshit constrictions on the poor poor people they come into contact with.

F#CK!!!

There is no reason you have to be that dishonest, because it is perfectly possible to just CONSIDER your customers for a second and consider how you are treating them.
But despite how easy that is, zombie a##holes INSIST that they need to brainwash customers rather than LOOK AT THEMSELVES!!!

If I look at myself, I see a procrastinating, hypochondriac, obsessed with things that are way too indirect to benefit customers. But I am honest because I'm going to only sell what directly is valued by the customer, I act decent and humble when it comes down to things (not irrate), and I only make sales and advertisement for things I know I will fulfil.

FULFILMENT
HONESTY
CONSIDERATION

You don't need these bullsh#t brainwash cover stories. You just need to not be a CREEP.

I don't give a rats a## if some guy has a "better solution"
I don't give a rats a## who is "right"
I don't give a rats a## who is just starting out

So my wish is that these zombies, stop acting like their TWO cents worth of genius has "surprising value". Gosh dang it! Everything has value, and this whole routine you are playing is just putting others DOWN cuz you WISH you were pro.

F#ck Zombie Douchebags

I wanna see followthrough, I wanna see doing everything it takes to fulfill the order, I wanna see just the joy of the human spirit without all this fake sh#t tacked onto it to hide all the creepy strings you attached cuz you feel entitled to be a f#ckin a##hole.

HONESTY is GOOD
Duh!

It is just that these weak a##holes don't want to do the honest work to get good things MOVING.
They expect honesty to DO THE WORK. But NO, honesty doesn't do the work, it is meant to get you READY to do it!

Stop being f#ckin a##hole zombies

P#ssies

And to you guys that put up with this cr#p and make your companies legendary
:tiphat:
Enjoy your days off, you earnt it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The honesty::I'm not sure it exits much in the world. I only know a select few. It would be a wonderful place if we could find more honest people, with integrity.

Rcaraway1989

Rob C
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
469%
Mar 16, 2011
Austin, TX
It's what disenchanted me from working for other people when I was in my teenage years -- everywhere I worked, so much complacency, and that "exclusive club" mentality -- where it isn't about how hard you work but are you part of the club. No thanks, I'll keep myself accountable to customers rather than asshats like you.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Honesty is everywhere around you but if you keep looking for the worst, you will probably only see the worst. What you focus on, expands - it's actually quite true. People do what they know (awareness) and what they are conditioned to do (limited mindset or other reasons).
By the way if customers are conditioned to believe and buy lies, and you only "sell" truth, your business will fail. You may want to bring awareness to the market, but meanwhile keep delivering what people need and respond to.
On another note, if everybody else is doing it wrong, that might be an advantage for you. Use it.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Time to re-evaluate your tribe buddy :D

Pen, paper, whiskey and brutal honesty.

Go.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
If you take it all in while walking around it is pretty darn dissappointing.

It is like water torture, I used to not notice it, but now it just creeps in and agitates me.

No one person usually screws you off completely (though it happens often enough) but routinely someone screws someone off just enough to make you notice all the little things around you.
The guys at that fastfood joint that when faced with a minor problem bugs out, the guy running the corner store filling his shop with cr#p quality, the bank teller making stuff way harder than it needs to be, your new landlord jerking around with his money (getting you on edge), that guy doing shadey stuff on the web that is connected with your customer base, all through out hollywood movies where bad advice and idiotic memes are rampantly spreading (omg are they filled with it), random people talking on the bus, in a book you opened up.

I'm just trying to chill, and I raise my eyebrow as some massive flaw comes into view and intrudes on my tranquility. I think zombies are all just so self involved that they numbed themselves from common decency.

We as a society gloat about modern civilisation, but I think it is built on p#ssy a##ed nonsense, and I don't care how "confusing" it might be to re-envision services given by people that give a cr#p, a world with better services and attitudes is EASILY going to trump cr#ppy, over saturated, and miserable nonsense.

People actually seem EXCITED to be a total jerk#ss.

Usually I look for the POSITIVE, but no matter how hard I look, there is no positive twist I can find.
At least not immediately.

images

Anyways, I guess it could be worse, I could be one of them.

[HASHTAG]#thanksguys[/HASHTAG]
I just needed to get that gremlin off my back

markonestock

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 16, 2014
i understand what you are saying. A huge pet peeve of mine is people that gossip...i'd say about 99% of the population do it. Some it's second nature to them.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Keep posting. Are you a fiction writer?
Oh no probs man, I won't quit due to nagging a##holism in my general viscinity.
I'll push on regardless of what other people do (it is probably self involved to really let this stuff stop you anyways).

I've been asking myself why this bothers me so much, and I guess it is because I'm trying to find my power. And the abrasive, broken glass bullsh#t that ends up at your back just ANGERS me. I'm not really afraid of circumstances anymore, not afraid of peoples threats and acts, but I am very deeply ANGERED by them. My anger is a step up from my previous fears (refusing to be afraid maybe?).

I see a true lack of integrity in the world, and it forms a very bitter resolve, something I don't want to excuse or let slide, because it is not ok to abuse people in this manner.

If this was a zombie movie, (I write here and there, I'm no chickenhawk) I guess it would be about a dude getting thrown into a pit of zombies by other a##holes and he fights them all off really well, but is just tired, and goes in search for honest people. He ends up just always fighting zombies, until he finds out that zombies are a way to understand why he was really thrown in the pit. He would realise that being backstabbed would have happened zombies or not, money or not, because deep down, people never had control (cuz of the fear within) the zombies just exposed it.

Adversity reveals good, bad, and genius within a man. Everything else just hides it.

I guess I may be developing a much more "warrior" based mindset regarding cash. And maybe I resisted it cuz, I wanted to believe people were decent (I'm sure they are, just not when in a pinch, cuz most are p#ssies).
There is a prevalent dispositional belief that people are decent, I think thats rotten bullsh#t.
I need proof.

I hate how hard that truth makes me.
So I'm just processing it. I can't forgive cuz I just wish people would actually care.
Instead we have this bulls#t 2D society that thinks masks are all the rage.

Morons and p#ssies... Relishing in the percieved safety of a masked society.

Last edited:

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I guess I may be developing a much more "warrior" based mindset regarding cash. And maybe I resisted it cuz, I wanted to believe people were decent (I'm sure they are, just not when in a pinch, cuz most are p#ssies).

I'm going through a similar transformation, but mine has a different tone to it than yours.

Yours seems bitter, disappointed, hardened.

I'm noticing the same things you are, but my attitude is much more pleasent. I'm seeing such things as amusing.
It may have to do in difference of base personality types and world view, maybe personal experiences that colored us...

My new outlook is hard to explain. I've begun to feel more like a sly, confident, and relaxed father. I've begun to treat the world the same way such a man would treat a child.
"Yeahyeahyeah, I know all the tricks in the book, I've been through it myself, now cut the shit and eat your damn broccoli"

My entire life has taken on this attitude of amusement at the pussies and liars and thieves around me. Maybe it's because I know that I will not let them affect me, or maybe it's because I've been through my fare share of being dishonest myself before I worked my way past it, so in a way I am a more mature version of the amateurs around me.

Or maybe I'm too close to the situation to accurately see what's going on in my own damn head.
But why all the anger. good sir?

Yeah, people are bad, horrible, dishonest, liars.
That's just who they are. It's like being angry that beavers build dams or that clouds bring us rain.
People are who they are, and you know better than to let it alter your course.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I think you reached it another way. You probably reached it through insight and peeling back layers. I do feel some of what you are talking about.

My new outlook is hard to explain. I've begun to feel more like a sly, confident, and relaxed father. I've begun to treat the world the same way such a man would treat a child.
"Yeahyeahyeah, I know all the tricks in the book, I've been through it myself, now cut the shit and eat your damn broccoli"

Aha! Great.

amusement at the pussies and liars and thieves around me

I like that.

But why all the anger. good sir?

Yeah, people are bad, horrible, dishonest, liars.
That's just who they are. It's like being angry that beavers build dams or that clouds bring us rain.
People are who they are, and you know better than to let it alter your course.

I'm glad for your different view.

I guess it annoys me that people pay no due, and scorn you with the idea that they do. Its like every monetary situation is a lie. And I think it lacks integrity to HIDE it like a scumbag, when you can very well see you are copping out.

I guess I still hold people accountable.
Kinda like "why don't you even try" and because I am not on the side of judging them, but reacting in the moment, I wrestle it more maybe?

I'm coming to realise, its just me awakening to reality.
And I am furious that I was convinced to "trust" the lie, like some kind of f#cked up comfort, so I spit the dummy. I guess I feel my own gullibility and exploitability and am disgusted by it. And what you are seeing is how I feel about that cr#p.

I don't think its wrong to be bitter, I think its true, I think we ARE betrayed by others. Obviously the real danger is not getting past the bitterness and getting too wrapped up in it and getting addicted to the anger. I fortunately find little to no ego boost from my anger and I do not want to take it out on anybody. So the aggression you see is entirely contained to my rantings, and I won't let it take over my views, cuz there is no benefit in that.

I don't know how to reject the illusion any other way yet, So I'm stuck enduring disappointment, aggression, etc..

I guess everyone feels this way sometimes, maybe I can use it to appreciate others more clearly.

(takes a breath)
Sorry for taking such a tangent.

I very much appreciated your post, it just takes me a bit of struggling to internalise what you mean to communicate.

I think I get what you mean though.
I guess I can be less tense about it all
Thankyou

Just argh! (shakes fist)
Haha, aight, amused.
I'll give it a shot.

Last edited:

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
A few things happened to me 4 years ago and I haven't fully get past it. I think it's different for different people. The easiest thing is to take a personality test and you will probably figure out why you are feeling a certain way. Because others like you feel the same way about things.

There are 16 personality types by the Myers-Briggs types. I recommend it, if you have never done that before.

Last edited:

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Just argh! (shakes fist)
Haha, aight, amused.
I'll give it a shot.
Don't rush it if you're not ready.

As you've hinted at: Anger is likely part of the internalization process for you. Feigned amusement would probably be a setback if/when you finally slingshot back to your native thinking. You've gotta accept how the world works before you can laugh about it.

There are 16 personality types by the Myers-Briggs types. I recommend it, if you have never done that before.
My personality type (ENTP) reveals a LOT about me. For reals, a LOT.
I used to think it was BS, but after further investigation (and identifying and observing other personality types) it really makes sense, at least partially.

To put into perspective some of the things I said earlier in my post, this description of ENTP is the most acurate I've ever read: http://funkymbtifiction.tumblr.com/...-you-be-able-to-do-a-entp-functional-analysis

Here are some relevant excepts:
  • "Their focus is on building a worldview through constant connections; every piece of information the ENTP encounters is processed and added to a greater picture of humanity, the world, the people in their life, etc., at large."
  • "Their minds are swift, constantly scanning for potential ways to see things in a new light. "
  • "Because they are seeing the big picture and its variables all at once, it’s common for them to entertain different interpretations of one thing as being possibly true"
  • "The ENTP can love someone and still see and admit to their flaws. Ti gives them an intense desire tounderstand… everything. How people work. How systems work. How politics works."
  • "they are also hard-wired to see the funny side of life and can point out the humor in just about any situation."

Famous ENTPs: John Stewart/Stephen Colbert, Leonardo Da Vinci, Robert Downy Jr, Neil Patrick Harris, Adam Savage
Fictional ENTPs: 10th/11th Doctor, Dr. Peter Venkman, Tony Stark, Bugs Bunny

ACTUALLY: Peter Venkman (Murray from ghostbusters) is similar to my new "amused" outlook.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
ENFJ
Apparently
62% intuition, less than 10% preference on the others

Don't rush it if you're not ready

Cheers

Not sure how you are supposed to use the test results, either of you guys got an idea on how it might apply? Rough guesses?

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
ENFJ
Not sure how you are supposed to use the test results, either of you guys got an idea on how it might apply? Rough guesses?

Does this sound like you? http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFJ.html
Read a few of the others. With any personality breakdown there's always a bit of subjective validation +playing to your ego involved.
If it does sound like you, you now have a written description of your personality.

Many of us find it hard to WORD things so close to us, so it's a useful tool to have.
Using an objective description, you can give yourself straight advice as if you were talking to somebody else.
You can play into your strengths and compensate for your weaknesses.

Of course, this only works if it's ACCURATE.
The whole purpose is to get a better objective picture of yourself, which will lead to a more comprehensive world view.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
I think F is the biggest factor of not letting go of things. And move on. I also have N and F in me like you. And as I said I haven't got over some stuff 4 years ago.

And it was really not that big of a deal. Because I was grown up. If you compare that to having a rough child hood for example.

Look at Eminem.

He got a shitty childhood and got bullied. And he just can't get over it. With his lyrics about his mom and so on.

And most people think he is a ISFP.

And I know I would be a complete train wreck if I had a rough child hood or had been bullied constantly.

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I've been thinking about it,
There are two kinds of people
1) Oblivious (who have untapped potential, but just don't see it)
2) Intentional (who know they have other potential and fiercely choose otherwise)

My main goal, is to be able to "let go and trust", and to get there I will have to reorganise my view on these two groups VERY CAREFULLY.

I very much care about the innocent and oblivious, but I am so vastly dissappointed by the intentional f#ckers and how many there are. I dislike the "screw them" culture, because my first aim for the people is protection.
For now I have to trust that they can handle protecting themselves, even though I SEE the violence and the intentional dickbags screwing them over.

The major mistake is not that others take money, it is that they TAKE IT TO WASTE IT, and in the process disrupt the process of happiness!!! So therefor the solution is to find a way to get people on a better track so there is a more harmonious direction (less of this cannibalistic shit).

I just have to be strong enough to "take it", for now. But I won't take it forever. Like Max said, about kids...

I guess if this were a zombie movie, it means that you just need to endure, but never forget.
Find the strength to grieve the loss, and the virtue to hold it right infront of your face.
I guess I will split my business attitude into two
1) Let go and trust (light/yin)
2) Protective (dark/yang)

And I guess I'll just toughen up enough to not be greedy about having only lightness. All things take time and are wrapped in BS.
I'll fight not for money, but to bring out what matters.

I guess I'm angry because I know how hard it is.
F#ck
I wish it were as simple as making money...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.