The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tips on getting a lot of traffic at website launch?

Latro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 10, 2014
Ok so i'm playing around with a website idea but to get it to work it needs traffic, at least 10 000 unique visitors per week to work well.
The users provide the content and thats why it need a lot of people directly because without users = no content = no users.

I'm aiming for 15-25 years old mainly and is going to try to do the marketing with social media.

I was thinking on starting facebook page, instagram and other social media a few months before launching the site and update frequently and try to get as many followers as possible before the lunch and hopefully get at least some of the follower to check out the site and use it when it lunch.

So do any of you have any good tips on getting a lot of followers on social media sites and any bots you could you use to make the work easier?
And any other smart ways to get the word out for a small budget?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
If it is an interesting site, you may try to contact bloggers and ask to review your site. You can offer them a backlink or something similar, but my main idea here is that most bloggers are constantly trying to come up what article to write next, so some of them may respond positively.
Then you have free reviews reaching out to readers almost for free.
I tried this once, with a product and it didn't work up to my expectations but some bloggers replied well and I had a few reviews published for free.
You can even offer to write the article yourself (guest-posting).

Latro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 10, 2014
Thx for the tip ^^

So was thinking today and do you think giving to charity is a good way for people to use my site?

Like this:
Use (my website's name) it's totally free and we give a piece of our profit to charity??

So would you turn off adblock if you know that it helps people?

I think i'm ready to start this site, but there's one huge company that has almost a monopoly it feels like in this industry and in this country i'm aiming for. There are a two similar sites as well but no one seems to come up to the big guy and because of that, the big guy can do whatever they want. They take ridiculous prices for their service and people still use them cause they have so many users that provide content (5M unique visitors per week).

My website
- Free
-Fresh design
-Easy to register(facebook connect)
-More search options
- Gives money to charity

The "big guy"
Not free
Feels like it hasn't been updated in 10 years.
Takes 5 min to register (no facebook connect)
Shitty search options.
Give no money to anybody.

I know i have the better site but the thing is i need a lot of users from the beginning to work.
For the "Big guy" it isn't hard to do the same as my site if they ever would feel like i was a threat.
(The Big guy do also have ads even that the charge for there service)

So any tips on how to get alot of users to my site in the beginning? And any other tips on my thoughts?
(No users = No content = No users.)

Best.
Latro.

Last edited:

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
This won't work unless you change your business model but clickbank can be a huge source of traffic.

I've recently been receiving 1500 visitors per day from 1 affiliate. So that would give you your 10,000 per week all by 1 guy.

Not the answer that you're looking for but may be something to consider.

The chicken and egg problem is hard to overcome.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.