The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ziva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Feb 14, 2014
In August I finished reading TMF for the second time. I learned so much from this book, and this second time going through it really motivated me to take MASSIVE action with self-publishing, and the results have been great. I have a progress thread here.

There are so many gems in this book! The importance of developing a system and remaining present in process really resonated with me. Also loved the idea that wealth is a direct reflection of how many people you impact. Great stuff!

Thanks so much for the inspiring and truly life-changing book.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

David P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Sep 27, 2014
Having read the book, no words can say how I feel about it.
All the previous posts have "said" it all.

The concepts and how they are explained, are exceptional.

I have been taking online courses with Khan Academy, and Coursea,
which are all good, but I truly believe, the book out classes the courses being taught.

What is needed now is something more than a book, what I'm not sure, but this is
so powerful it needs to be "told", recounted in the first person. In my very humble opinion.

I watch John Assaraf videos, which I like because they are put to you by a guy
that you could sit down and drink beer with. People need this one on one thing,
as if the author is speaking directly to you, and you alone. As if he has inside
info on what your past is, your successes and failures.

They don't teach this stuff in MBA courses. My thinking has completely changed.
Simple things : Be a producer, not a consumer. Being a consumer, we think
we know what other people want to consume, not so!

Needs : simple, yet very powerful. I remember the lyrics from the U2 song >

"What do you want?"

Then the movie line : "Build it and they will come".

These now reverberate in my head, they scream at me in my sleep.

I need to find a NEED.

Thanks MJ.....

Freakwinger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 17, 2014
Montreal
I read it and it really spoke to me : I'm 26, in a job I absolutely hate, and it is the first book I read after moving out of my parent's house to my new apartment, and before reading it my goal was to start an Internet company so I was in the same situation as you before you woke up. I hope I'm awake now. Thank you for your book, really.

Audrone

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Sep 14, 2014
London, UK
I finished reading a book a couple of weeks ago and I'm sure that I'll read at least once again. A really great book with loads of amazing information! I haven't taken any real action to create fastlane yet but today I managed to eliminate one of the excuses why I can't take action. So now I'm reading this amazing forum, working on my mindset and listening (or reading) very carefully to find unfulfilled needs which I could work on.

Papillon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Sep 10, 2013
Île Saint-Joseph French Guiana ~ UK!
Hey MJ ~ I read the book a couple of years ago...Simply FANTASTIC!

Real pity the book wasn't around 10 years ago...as it would of saved me a lot of wasted time on pathetic 'me too type businesses'

Still I'm on the right road NOW, it will just be that I'll be a little older to enjoy the forthcoming FREEDOM:smoking:

Re-reading again ... must say I really like the parts when you Bash/EXPOSE the "Get Rich Quick MUPPET GROOOO's!"

merc

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 12, 2014
I just finished reading the book.... my second time through. Absolutely a game changer in my life. Thank you MJ! I look forward to seeing you on the Inside soon as well ;)

Eye

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 4, 2014
Read It at yesterday evening and gotta say that It's definitely life changing book. I'll most likely read It again sooner or later.
Thanks MJ for writing It!:):hurray:

Land Baron

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 5, 2014
Read it four months ago.. Rereading it now.One of the most instrumental books I have ever read ( that's no exageration). I have owned a slowlane business for seven years now. Sick to death of living from project to project. Currently, trying to figure out what my best fastlane option will be considering my skill set, knowledge and age.

Last edited:

nskitts

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 24, 2014
Just finished reading the book, and intend to go back through and take my time to really digest it and to copy down the acronyms to hang on the wall so that I can look at them quickly when thinking of a new opportunity.

I am currently reading Think and Grow Rich and even though MJ (as I intrepret it) does not buy into the Law of Attraction, I feel that in fact MJ shows some of the attributes Napolean Hill talks about perhaps unknowingly.

I don't think you can sit on the couch and visualize a successful business and expect it to happen, but I think that if you sit on the couch and visualize a successful business, see it in its finished state, have the burning desire to do it with no option of failure, and then actually get your a$$ off the couch and go do the thing; that is the law of attraction and the point of TGR.

I think it goes along perfectly with MJ's book and rather than contradict, they compliment each other.

The Millionaire Fastlane has been the most eye-opening book for me on standing up from the herd of sheep and asking myself, "Why not me, and why not now?" I always knew something was "off" with the conventional advice of slowlane investing but it took MJ and The Millionaire Fastlane to say to me, "Look among these trees here and see the forest."

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I am currently reading Think and Grow Rich and even though MJ (as I intrepret it) does not buy into the Law of Attraction,

I buy into the power of the mind. I don't buy into the power of sitting around dreaming.

YCW

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Oct 7, 2014
Hong Kong
Hey MJ,

purchased the book a couple days ago and have finished reading it.

it was a very enjoyable read and turned-on a few light-bulbs. Exactly what I was after.

Keep up the good work!

AlexBaum

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 7, 2014
Read it cover to cover and I think it will be the last book on finances I will read for a long time. The last chapter is a great reminder list to read once a week (Fastlane supercharger), like every monday morning or so.

G.Wyatt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
Oct 3, 2014
Cairns, Australia
Finished reading the book a few hours ago. Feeling like young Luke Skywalker has just been slapped by Yoda! Step 1 for me: ACCOUNTABILITY!!! I need to be accountable for the actions I take each day. Become the Jugganaught (sp?) and keep moving forward.

whep

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 4, 2014
Read the book a month ago and have been browsing this forum ever since. Great work MJ, you're helping a lot of people move towards their dreams.

EmperorPear

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 15, 2014
Bor, Serbia
Read it and will read it many more times after this. This book was quite the eye peeler. Thanks a lot for writing this and for making this forum, MJ! We owe it to you!

Adalberto

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 23, 2014
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Read the book and it actually opened my eyes and mind. The best book i´ve ever read. I´ve been checking around the forum to get the most info in order to start my venture. Thanks MJ and the others members in this forum for so much value.

JdiFool

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 3, 2014
Read it during the summer and it blew my mind. I read a lot and it's one of my favorite books. I'm quite passive though so I decided to get involved in the forum by replying here in order to try to be more active, or at least read the forum more and get inspired for ideas. Thanks for everything MJ.

Lone Wolf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Oct 15, 2014
Still in the process of reading the book, and am loving every word! I already had a similar entrepreneurial mindset of not going through the tradition '9-5' etc, but the book makes so many great points and definitely opened my eyes to some new concepts!

RyanGrant

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 11, 2014
UK
I have read the book, Ive read a lot of books and this one has been one of my favourites. there's very few I have read that's straight to the point with the books topic while being so clear. now I just have to figure out how to get my fiancé to read it (she doesn't read)

chipmx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 16, 2014
Cancun
I read on my kindle as well listened the audiobook ... it rocks! the voice of the sidewalker guy is just like I imagine while reading the book the first time.. awesome.. now I am reading again while listening at the same time.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Thank you MJ,

I had a bit of a mix up with the threads.

Nevertheless

I have read a whole lot of business books, BUT, but, butttttt, when I got my hands on 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' that was it, it surely knocked all other books off the shelf. This didn't only change my perspective, it shouted to me "WAKE UPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!"

All the time I was trying my hands at business, I was creating my own failure, I was viewing it the way business school taught us to, simply to make profits. TMF taught me different. The only outcome we should really be concerned with are the results of the problems that we've solved. Financial rewards would follow through with our actions of problem-solving.

As I change my sense of direction and focus on solving problems, answers are coming at me fast and furious and though the task ahead will be long, tough and difficult, this Process is welcoming.

Challenges are disguised as solutions which we must figure out. The reason we are faced with so many problems in our world is simply because of how easily we give up or lose focus. I know I am not the best human being created, but I do believe my honest contributions can be worthwhile.

TMF Community, it is an Absolute Privilege that I am apart of your zone, this is a place where greatness is awakened. I am buckled up and taking action.

Thank you MJ for your empowering, non BS wake up call to action!

"Nothing is as embarrassing as watching someone do something you said could not be done!" - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by a moderator:

Barshalom

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 11, 2014
Yes, I read the book. I must say that it is one of the best book on business after the Holy Bible. Holy Bible? Business? Yes, King Solomon was the wealthiest man that ever lived, surpassing Buffett and Gates combined. Many of the stuff MJ mentioned is right in the book of Proverbs.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Read the book a while ago, and re read multiple times definitely one of the most important books a person can read, if your open to learn things they don't teach you in high school or college.

Seppo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Oct 7, 2014
Finally got around to ordering the book. Look forward to it. Eventually hoping to start my progress thread too. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.