The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I want to buy some karaokes to rent out

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Ok so in Mexico these karaokes that include disco lights, and smoke machine inside, with modern music started getting real popular ! They arent the regular karaokes that are sold here in the eletronics stores. This karaokes cost anywhere from $1,400-$1,600 USD. They are rented out for around $100-$150 depending on the location where they are going to be dropped of. I know two guys doing this here, its pretty new here. Would it be a good thing to invest in one maybe two to rent them out ? people usually rent these for family reunions partys, graduations, weddings etc. Mostly hispanics like I said. So im guessing if I was to get one it would be rent out maybe three times out of the week ? What do you guys think ? Do this machines loose value ? if yes it would be pretty much the might as well keep my money right but how do I know if they loose value ?

Looking to go buy one down to the border maybe this weekend

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I did a quick google search and didn't see a product that was an all-in-one type of machine like that. If you know of any suppliers of such a machine, I would be interested in taking a look at that assuming the machine was a karaoke machine with a built in light show and built in fog machine. Cool idea.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Hispanics simply call it Karaokes but they do include the lights and fog, lots of modern songs as well. So you guys think its good to invest 1600 to get a little more income ?

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
WOW never would have thought there was a forum for that lol

You just never know the niches out there.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Hispanics and Asians love these things. Don't know why.

In NYC, a new type of restaurant popping up is a Karaoke restaurant, where you get a room with a bunch of your friends, order food and drinks then you can use the karaoke machine on a per-hour basis. It's a lot of fun. Maybe this can help you get in the right direction.

D

Deleted17784

Interesting idea. I have never seen those all in one machines either but I will search now. I'm in Vietnam and Karaoke is crazy popular here. Last night I was trapped in a small room with a bunch of drunk Vietnamese singing at the top of their lungs haha. They rent rooms in these guest houses to party but I can imagine a good business in the states renting them to peoples houses.

All kinds of party stuff too. Think bouncy houses, cotton candy and other crap for kids.

Lone Wolf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Oct 15, 2014
In my opinion it's definitely worth taking a shot, if you can get regular rentals and a constant stream of income, then that's great. On the flip side, if the worst comes to the worst and you get no rentals, then you always have the option to just sell it back on and take the small loss/break even.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.