The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This 28 yr old makes 220k(pre-expenses) on drop-ship websites

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

CallMeWonder

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 14, 2011
Seattle, WA
Repost?

A lot of you may use the website Reddit.com for pure entertainment. It's considered the front page on the internet and has some cool, funny, interesting stuff on their all the time.

Well also on there, some unique or famous people come on for readers to "AMA" also known as Ask Me Anything.

Today I was browsing and saw the title: I make over $100k per month running Drop-Ship product websites (proof inside).. AMA

Here's the link: I make over $100k per month running Drop-Ship product websites (proof inside).. AMAA : IAmA

There's some insightful shit on that post, this guy's a true fastlaner.....self made, 100k+ income before he's 30.

****ing baller.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nayR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Feb 16, 2012
California
Thanks for the wonderful share. There is some really good information from the link.

MNentre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Dec 11, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I read through that all day today at work. It has some great information, but there are soo many clueless people looking for the easy fastlane! Most people reading that thread are lazier than shit, no offense to anyone, because you make up for it by being on this site :)

He said he had over 2000 private messages of people asking for more info on how he does it. crazy!

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Repost?

A lot of you may use the website Reddit.com for pure entertainment. It's considered the front page on the internet and has some cool, funny, interesting stuff on their all the time.

Well also on there, some unique or famous people come on for readers to "AMA" also known as Ask Me Anything.

Today I was browsing and saw the title: I make over $100k per month running Drop-Ship product websites (proof inside).. AMA

Here's the link: I make over $100k per month running Drop-Ship product websites (proof inside).. AMAA : IAmA

There's some insightful shit on that post, this guy's a true fastlaner.....self made, 100k+ income before he's 30.

****ing baller.

Super great share. Here is another good one that 28 yr old millionaire Noah Kagan did on a step by step process he uses
I posted this a few days ago but...
How to Create a Million-Dollar Business This Weekend (Examples: AppSumo, Mint, Chihuahuas)

minamo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 11, 2010
Not bad. The vollusion software that guy uses is actually quite awesome aswell. Just a bit expensive compared to cheaper alternatives. Comes with much better service though.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I like the little guide he put together for all the readers on drop shipping, it's succinct and has some good basic information in it.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Have I mentioned I hate reddit?

Great idea, but it is simply impossible to read (maybe I got too old and can't read the mess anymore).

But there is good information there.

Funny how many people jump at it to destroy any value the OP may have provided.

Thanks for sharing!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I like the little guide he put together for all the readers on drop shipping
I could not find it... I think he removed the link.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
I could not find it... I think he removed the link.

Here ya go...

Edit: Vbulletin won't let me upload a readable version of the file, so here are the screenshots instead

Dropshipping 1.jpg
Dropshipping 2.jpg
Dropshipping 3.jpg
Dropshipping 4.jpg
Dropshipping 5.jpg

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
It's funny, everytime someone posts something along the same lines wether its CPA, affiliate, or ecommerce. the same thing happens, the OP gets flooded with everyone just wanting to make money because it sounds so easy. When in reality its months and months of late nights and takes a while to really know what you are doing. It happens on there and other major forums every couple of months.

I tihnk i may know who that is too, but no way to be sure, either way he is doing pretty awesome for being 100% dropship!

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
It's very hard to build a profitable dropshipping business. This guy talks about 50% margin products using a dropshipper. The only way to have that high of a margin is if he's basically fcking over unsuspecting customers selling them products at close to 2x times the market price. This guy is not making 100k/month. Nobody making this much money would put out their secret out like that until after they racked up millions and got out of the business.
he's probably making about 20k/month on that 220k after all expenses.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
So you say you can't get a 10% percent margin via dropshipping?
Why would anyone do it than? The numbers you talk about can get any affiliate on amazon with anoth volume... seems like all the dropshippers must be kinda stupid to mess with customers and all the stuff if you can make the same money by just sending people over to amazon. :)

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Have I mentioned I hate reddit?

Great idea, but it is simply impossible to read (maybe I got too old and can't read the mess anymore).

But there is good information there.

Funny how many people jump at it to destroy any value the OP may have provided.

Thanks for sharing!

I thought I was the only one who hated the way reddit reads.

It is like we stepped back 12 years to the old internet forums. Completely miserable.

Soooooooooooo maybe that means there is room for a new reddit type of company which is EASY to read :) hint hint there you go someone start it up :)

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
Something seemed fishy about this. I was curious to try and find out a bit more about twitter marketing so i googled for "twitter bird marketing" (the supposed twitter experts) but found nothing. So tried "twitterbirdmarketing@gmail.com" and the only page was.

Don't trust DropshipRedditor! (Regarding yesterday's IAmA thread) : self

Looks to me like hes a blackhat marketer trying to market his own SEO and twitter marketing services, and using reddit as the traffic source.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I thought I was the only one who hated the way reddit reads.

It is like we stepped back 12 years to the old internet forums. Completely miserable.

Soooooooooooo maybe that means there is room for a new reddit type of company which is EASY to read :) hint hint there you go someone start it up :)

I used to be the same way, once i used it a little bit, i would prefer all forums are like reddit now. Mainly because its self cleaning. All the annoying posts drop to the bottom, and typically the better replies get voted up. You can also just collapse the comment and continue to read, vs pages and pages of wasted space for a typical forum reply and god forbid anyone quote things over and over.... very annoying. You also don't get the "ditto" "plus 1" type posts as well.

They do have plugins like RES that have added benefits for tagging people and making it look different if you don't like the way it is. You wont make any money developing things like that though because of the demographic of the userbase.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
It's very hard to build a profitable dropshipping business. This guy talks about 50% margin products using a dropshipper. The only way to have that high of a margin is if he's basically fcking over unsuspecting customers selling them products at close to 2x times the market price. This guy is not making 100k/month. Nobody making this much money would put out their secret out like that until after they racked up millions and got out of the business.
10% is too low. 20% is probably more the norm for dropshipping.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Something seemed fishy about this. I was curious to try and find out a bit more about twitter marketing so i googled for "twitter bird marketing" (the supposed twitter experts) but found nothing. So tried "twitterbirdmarketing@gmail.com" and the only page was.

Don't trust DropshipRedditor! (Regarding yesterday's IAmA thread) : self

Looks to me like hes a blackhat marketer trying to market his own SEO and twitter marketing services, and using reddit as the traffic source.

he also mentioned in his "niche" he ran 500-1000 products on each site? That didn't add up.

D

Deleted25642

Super great share. Here is another good one that 28 yr old millionaire Noah Kagan did on a step by step process he uses
I posted this a few days ago but...
How to Create a Million-Dollar Business This Weekend (Examples: AppSumo, Mint, Chihuahuas)
he also mentioned in his "niche" he ran 500-1000 products on each site? That didn't add up.
I think sometimes the guys that are really making big money are too busy making money to post on reddit or other places. You have to find them yourself and give them something they need to learn what they know.

My 2 pennies

Kid Money

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 1, 2012

You guys crack me up! You are absolutely right.....it is VERY HARD to create any business that is VERY profitable! Your post is full of assumptions. The "only" way? That is why he is raking in the dough and you are here scratching your head how he does it. You have no idea how he does it and just because it doesnt add up in your head doesnt mean hes F****** the customer. Lets say he is F****** the customer just for your sake. Since when is someone not doing research before they click a button "F******" over the customer???? If someone is dumb enough to buy something for $200 that they can grab at walmart for $100 whos fault is it? Does that make a doctor or chiro wrong for charging you $500 a visit when someone down the road charges $200 or even $1000???? This is Americas problem precisely. Oh "POOR ME". Im the "VICTIM" .....how could someone rip me off that bad? Let me get this straight..... a lot of markets are based on deception....from meds, medical services, drinks, food, construction ETC! Its life. How could you be certain he doesnt make 100k a month?? You dont know anything about this guy and you are bold enough to take a guestimate at what he makes.... What people dont understand is if someone leaves you scratching your head....it could quite possibly be real. If it was understandable everyone would have figured it out years ago right?

"""This guy is not making 100k/month. Nobody making this much money would put out their secret out like that until after they racked up millions and got out of the business."""

Let me give you a "secret" to millions, a freebee.... Pack your stuff and head to ND. Travel thousands of miles away. Leave everyone and everything behind. Start a business in oil country. Work from 6 am to 8 pm every single day. 7 days a week. Work.shower.sleep.eat.repeat.365. -30 below with wind chill. Put up with employees, taxes, receipts, housing, weather, quality, jobs, work/life balance, lonliness ETC! There you go thats my SECRET to 100k+ a month. Now that I told you....you should be golden right? AHA moment! You now have the secret! Easy $! Thats what seperates this guy from you. I just told you a way to do a million $ a year....will you do it? 100% NO. Never have I ever heard a story where money just crawled up on anyones lap. Do what other people wont do and cant do. Innovate. That secret?? HARD WORK. Have a good night sir!!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.