The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Fantasy Football; 2014/15 - Gloating Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This is why Fantasy Football is so frustrating and exciting at the same time... here I thought my team kicked a$$ and for the most part, I've escaped injuries. But here I set at 0-3 and now a longshot for playoffs.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Tell me about it. My team got CRUSHED yesterday.

*sobs*

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
This is why Fantasy Football is so frustrating and exciting at the same time... here I thought my team kicked a$$ and for the most part, I've escaped injuries. But here I set at 0-3 and now a longshot for playoffs.
I'm with you at 0-3 which is possibly worse given I had pick 1.

Seems like most of the highest rated RBs are in various kinds of trouble so drafting them high was every bit as risky as the Zero RB guys suggested.

Time for strange and wild new tactics :woot:

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
This league has driven me to the Bortle. I've dumped the safe QB on a good squad for the QB on the worst team on the basis he's going to pass a heap and get garbage time points.

Interested to see MJ drop Josh Gordon. His value is difficult to determine because he takes up a bench spot until week 12 but I would have thought he had trade value to a team that can afford to wait.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Interested to see MJ drop Josh Gordon.

At 0-2 I could't afford to sacrifice a roster spot nor didn't feel I had the time to dicker around trying to trade him. Josh Gordon won't make a difference in week 12 if I am 1-10. :eek:

bigred

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 16, 2013
Colorado
At the beginning of the week I was bummed I didn't get Cousins on the waiver. I guess its nice to be 3-0 and at the bottom of the waiver priority:hurray:

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
At the beginning of the week I was bummed I didn't get Cousins on the waiver. I guess its nice to be 3-0 and at the bottom of the waiver priority:hurray:
Yeah....lol. That was a hard game to watch for me...I started Cousins and I'm a Redskins fan :banghead:

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
The reports cards are crap. I thought Holmes team had the worst draft and they give em the best ranking. LOL. We shall see.

Three weeks into the season ya'll be crying to me looking for a decent running back.

I notice "MJs RB Store Inc" is now open for business on the Trading Block, but instead of nimble gazelles who can happily run a customers team to victory like a roided up Bambi, it appears to be selling stock like Toby "The Human Donkey" Gerhart.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I notice "MJs RB Store Inc" is now open for business on the Trading Block, but instead of nimble gazelles who can happily run a customers team to victory like a roided up Bambi, it appears to be selling stock like Toby "The Human Donkey" Gerhart.

Awwww c'mon man! Fred Jackson is quality. Blue is a legit handcuff. Gerhart is the worst of the bunch but will see that ball at least 15 times and goal line carries.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
By accident, I picked up that TE from NYG about a half hour before the Thursday game last week and started him. 3TD's.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Awwww c'mon man! Fred Jackson is quality. Blue is a legit handcuff. Gerhart is the worst of the bunch but will see that ball at least 15 times and goal line carries.
Ladies and gentlemen please avoid the door to door salesman trying to hawk you shoddy merchandise like wrinkly old Fred Jackson, Turtle Paced Toby Gerhart or even an Alfred Blue whatever that is.

For the finest in quality running backs come to Huge Carrot's "Starbacks" where you can happily trade in your tired old Jordy Nelson for a fresh new non-suspended Vikings RB Happy Meal (2 for 1!).

Perhaps your Andrew Luck is creeping you out with it's neckbeard? Offload that crap for some Knile Whatshisname, the guy who backs up Jamaal Charles.

And ask about this week's special, the brand new repaired Ben Tate! Limited time only since he'll probably be injured again next week.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
By accident, I picked up that TE from NYG about a half hour before the Thursday game last week and started him. 3TD's.
At 0-3 and seeing my week 4 rival with Julius Thomas and Gronkowski pick up another TE who gets 3 TDs, I was ready to jump out the window. Luckily it was the ground floor.

Your RBs and WRs didn't really come to the party which was fortunate for me. My TE is on a final warning this week so I may be in the market for a RB-TE trade. I was hoping to find Travis Kelce on the waiver wire but Mr Wokeup had the foresight to draft him.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Saw an inquiriy about the waiver process... the waiver process/rostering is at the default setting. You can make immediate changes to your roster all day Saturday and Sunday mornings. Then again all day Wednesdays and Thursday up until game time. All other requests outside of these ranges go through the waivering process.

Last edited:

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Saw some whining about the waiver process... the waiver process/rostering is at the default setting. You can make immediate changes to your roster all day Saturday and Sunday mornings. Then again all day Wednesdays and Thursday up until game time. All other requests outside of these ranges go through the waivering process.
Seems fine to me so don't know why anyone would complain. Working out how to manage your bench spots/waiver rules etc is part of the game.

I honestly didn't realise how fat Eddie Lacy was when I drafted him 1st.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
After MJ's huge winning margin this week he may be a dark horse for a late playoff run-also dented Winning's hopes for the first round bye.

I'm noticing our league seems to have had a complete lack of trades and deadline is this week. I've been trying to hawk one of my surplus WRs after holding onto Josh Gordon for so long.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
After MJ's huge winning margin this week he may be a dark horse for a late playoff run-also dented Winning's hopes for the first round bye.

I'm noticing our league seems to have had a complete lack of trades and deadline is this week. I've been trying to hawk one of my surplus WRs after holding onto Josh Gordon for so long.

Run me a deal I'm stacked at RB. Also a stat correction could erase my .08 win.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
.08 points......I'm pissed :mad:
Now now go back to week 1 and you won by 0.16 over me. Philip Rivers was driving for a field goal on the final series, I needed 7 more yards of passing for the win and he managed to turn it over on downs.

I then dropped him out of rage and went through weeks of QBs such as Andy Dalton, Blake Bortles, Austin Davis and Derek Carr. All down to that week 1 loss. I felt entirely justified watching tonights game screaming "finish him MJ" while waving a large pitchfork.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Run me a deal I'm stacked at RB. Also a stat correction could erase my .08 win.
Between Lacy and Bradshaw I'm probably ok at RB anyway.

GB doesn't seem to have taken my Roethlisberger/Gordon/Fleener for Luck/Dwayne Allen megatrade, but given Luck's consistency I can't blame him.

TE has been the tricky position this year, really lacking depth and consistency beyond the top 5 guys. You're doing fine there thanks to Graham and Holmes has the Julius/Gronk tag team. Some of the rest of us are starting various hobos every week.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'll deal graham for the right price.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I'll deal graham for the right price.
I agree everyone's tradable for the right price, I'm just trying to work out what that is. Your team doesn't really have any glaring holes with Denard able to be played in a WR slot.

If you're looking for another WR I'm interested as to how you'd rank my guys 1-5? Could be a difference between how I value them.

bigred

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 16, 2013
Colorado

I have proposed a few trades, nobody ever responds. I always end up cancelling the trade. I am willing to trade (orange crush). Look at my team and see if your willing to trade anyone.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I have proposed a few trades, nobody ever responds. I always end up cancelling the trade. I am willing to trade (orange crush). Look at my team and see if your willing to trade anyone.
I'm in too many leagues and learnt the hard way most trade offers are lowballs, which makes me wonder if some people just disregard all as if they were email spam. In other leagues I've offered trades clearly in the other players interest and never received a reply.

I'm actually impressed when I get the rare one which has examined my team and seen a need. Though not quite to the extent of trading away Eddie Lacy for Roethlisberger a few weeks ago despite my desperate QB situation. Then Holmes went and dropped him anyway :)

I just realised the couple of offers I sent out yesterday would hamstring things in terms of waivers so have to wait a day I guess.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You just cancelled the offer? I was thinking about it. Definitely a deal worth examining.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
You just cancelled the offer? I was thinking about it. Definitely a deal worth examining.
As I understood it the deal would tie up your bench for spots for two days around the waivers as it was a 1 for 4?

I was actually going to make it the 2 WRs, 1 TE of your choice and 1 DEF of your choice-KC the better one but San Diego have Raiders/Rams next two weeks which would soften the blow of having to wait a week for Gordon.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yea, I thought the deal was fair, but presented some logistical problems as far as me needing to drop players I didn't want to drop. I'm still pretty high on the waiver order too.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Yea, I thought the deal was fair, but presented some logistical problems as far as me needing to drop players I didn't want to drop. I'm still pretty high on the waiver order too.
Just can't let go of the Boobie.....

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I was shopping Mike Evans all over the place last week, usually in combo with Josh Gordon. Feeling rather lucky nobody accepted now.

Not that his points this week are much use on the bench.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
The most absolutely horrible FF performance, EVER!

WHY OH WHY did I not just let the automation run the show? WHY did I insist on making roster changes every week? It's not as if my PLAYERS played worth a damn.

*vomits*

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
We've had a very even league-nobody will end up more than 8-5 and the top three ranked teams all lost this week.

The computer generated draft grades did ok with the three teams rated B+ or above making the playoffs. Given they go off average draft position which is determined by a very large draft community/market, it shows the difficulty in one casual fan trying to pick better than the market intelligence. Antonio Brown at 25 turned out to be my best pick and yet he was a sort of default choice going by the rankings. Where I did my own picks going against the ADP it usually bombed completely like Ertz in round 6 and Carlos Hyde in round 8.

MJ-that mega trade was a key moment. I was offering Gordon/Evans/Fleener for Jimmy Graham, hoping to restock WR via waiver with Jordan Matthews. Then I realised you were ahead of me in the waiver order and with all your RBs you were probably going to take him. So I had to take my second choice CJ Anderson. You're my MVP man :)

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.