The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Considering using www.QuickMVP.com, has anyone else used it?

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
Hey guys, I'm really considering using www.quickmvp.com for market research and email collecting. Has anyone recently used it since adwords and their monthly fee were integrated? This seems like a GREAT tool but as you all know, startup money is tight. I'd be willing to spend a few hundred dollars if it's at a point where it works well/doesn't have bugs.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lagron

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 8, 2013
New Jersey
Personal experience states... get a free hosting account at http://x10hosting.com (its what I used when I started in middle school and its who I pay for hosting)...

Download wordpress using scriptaculous or whatever is on it, get a free .tk domain name, use it. Download a free landing page template from google and you are set. Upload to wordpress, add content...finished!

Takes 30 minutes-1 hour.

No money spent, if you weren't going to make money in that hour. Now take some money and advertise on google. Wohoo!

Good luck, feel free to pm me the site address I'm merely interested in what people can accomplish in an hour.

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
Personal experience states... get a free hosting account at http://x10hosting.com (its what I used when I started in middle school and its who I pay for hosting)...

Download wordpress using scriptaculous or whatever is on it, get a free .tk domain name, use it. Download a free landing page template from google and you are set. Upload to wordpress, add content...finished!

Takes 30 minutes-1 hour.

No money spent, if you weren't going to make money in that hour. Now take some money and advertise on google. Wohoo!

Good luck, feel free to pm me the site address I'm merely interested in what people can accomplish in an hour.

I actually have a programmer I'm working with, but the reason I chose quickmvp.com is because it easily integrates Google adwords, collects hard to get emails, and helps you produce quick landing pages. It also has a 30 day free trial before it's I think $30 a month (plus ad money you spend). Thanks for your thoughts!

Lagron

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 8, 2013
New Jersey
I only spent 30 seconds viewing the site to find it created landing pages. Seems like a good service.

You said startup money is tight... I do not know what you are selling, but if you are selling a high ticket price item more than 100-200$, and has a closing period of less than 2 weeks, you should be able to just walk up to potential clients, pitch them and get some sales that way. And just use those entirely for adwords/a greater influx of sales.

Just a thought, people state funding is tight, but I know there are plenty of ways of making it happen.
Wish you luck on your endeavors.

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
I only spent 30 seconds viewing the site to find it created landing pages. Seems like a good service.

You said startup money is tight... I do not know what you are selling, but if you are selling a high ticket price item more than 100-200$, and has a closing period of less than 2 weeks, you should be able to just walk up to potential clients, pitch them and get some sales that way. And just use those entirely for adwords/a greater influx of sales.

Just a thought, people state funding is tight, but I know there are plenty of ways of making it happen.
Wish you luck on your endeavors.

Tight as in I can spare $100 but not if it's full of bugs and doesn't work well yet. I have been contacting users directly for market research, but it's the buyers that are hard to find. Also, using this would help me with keyword selection. I'll continue to do market research, but I wanted to test a few things out more easily and quickly, plus collect emails. Thanks!

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
Update: Showed my cofounder and he just wants to build the MVP and use Google adwords ourselves. Guess he thinks the idea is validated enough and doesn't care about the potential time waste.

That being said, they are still improving quickmvp.com and I still think it would be a GREAT tool for people who don't have a programmer or want to validate their idea before going on the hunt for one. It also would prove helpful for potential features and pricing you want to test out.

Here's an article on how Buffer did something similar which might help with people using quickmvp (or any mvp for that matter): http://blog.bufferapp.com/idea-to-paying-customers-in-7-weeks-how-we-did-it

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
I've actually been against landing pages + paid ads lately.

Any good salesman should be able to create a landing page that converts. It's easy to present what sounds like an awesome product but, when people try it their reactions are completely different.

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
Ran a search on MVP and found this thread. Great article. I'm going to try validating an idea with it starting this weekend.

I'll get back with what I find.

Cool! Definitely let me know.

Also guys, keep in mind that this isn't just for mvps. You can use this to decide new features or pricing too.

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Cool! Definitely let me know.

Also guys, keep in mind that this isn't just for mvps. You can use this to decide new features or pricing too.

A quick update. Having problems getting redirects to point to the landing page. Not sure what ends it's on, but felt anyone considering using quickmvp.com should be aware.

With that being said, I've gotten 60 or so impressions before my marketing efforts have kicked in with 5 conversions. Not the worst numbers I could imagine since I'm considering a conversion someone clicking through on a "Pay and Start" type button.

Will update with more soon!

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Might as well toss this out there:
Link for landing page [closed]

Please do click through and take a look at what quickmvp.com produces.

If you read the value prop and would buy click "sign up for $2.99"

There's nothing to buy yet but if you would honestly sign up it's telling. Otherwise don't lead me on ;)

Last edited:

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
@ColtonJD91 Thanks for the update! Wow, that looks pretty legit actually. The fact that the url says quickmvp in it might give things away though, unless you state upfront that it's a landing page meant for collecting emails for when you launch or something. :p

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I do this by hand. You don't need a great looking landing page to buy impressions (or conversions for that matter). A business partner looked at quickmvp and thought the AdWords campaign was a bit basic. I think you're better off learning the basics of AdWords myself.

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
@ColtonJD91 By the way, you might want to try a different method besides paying right away, if this doesn't work out well. Perhaps let people sign up for free, but then state the optional "pay to access" features somewhere if quickmvp lets you do that.

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
@ColtonJD91 Thanks for the update! Wow, that looks pretty legit actually. The fact that the url says quickmvp in it might give things away though, unless you state upfront that it's a landing page meant for collecting emails for when you launch or something. :p

That's where the redirect issie comes in. I have a .info domain I want to show but can't get it working.

Could be quickmvp, 1and1 (where I bought my domain), or me being ignorant.

It's my primary focus right now so I'll update if I figure out the issues.

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
I do this by hand. You don't need a great looking landing page to buy impressions (or conversions for that matter). A business partner looked at quickmvp and thought the AdWords campaign was a bit basic. I think you're better off learning the basics of AdWords myself.

You guys probably know this but I think the point of it being basic is that it's to the point, and you don't have to spend time learning "the complex ways of adwords." :p This might be good for beginners that value their time/convenience over money, and are therefore willing to pay. Quickmvp does have a membership fee though which is lame. :bored:

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
@ColtonJD91 By the way, you might want to try a different method besides paying right away, if this doesn't work out well. Perhaps let people sign up for free, but then state the optional "pay to access" features somewhere if quickmvp lets you do that.

It does offer that.

My logic is if I can get a solid "fake ROI" on my marketing based on asking for $ then I know there's a need.

So far it is isn't ROIing on a TCOA basis but my marleting costs will come into play over the next few days. Updates will ensue of course, especially if I start building my project out further and use quickmvp to A/B test.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
It does offer that.

My logic is if I can get a solid "fake ROI" on my marketing based on asking for $ then I know there's a need.

So far it is isn't ROIing on a TCOA basis but my marleting costs will come into play over the next few days. Updates will ensue of course, especially if I start building my project out further and use quickmvp to A/B test.

I highly doubt you're ever going to be able to create any ROI with a price tag of $2.99/mo - You're going to have to grow with free tactics.

With $20/mo and little competition my margins are slim. $2.99 is pretty much impossible unless you had a product with a appeal to an extremely broad userbase you could take out offline campaigns on.

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
I highly doubt you're ever going to be able to create any ROI with a price tag of $2.99/mo - You're going to have to grow with free tactics.

With $20/mo and little competition my margins are slim. $2.99 is pretty much impossible unless you had a product with a appeal to an extremely broad userbase you could take out offline campaigns on.

What are your margains?

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I never looked at the campaigns myself. Basic could mean created badly and won't work. Not saying that's the case. Also, how do you interpret the data you have bought? Will it tell you how many avaiable searches there were that you could have shown for? Not knocking it, just concerned people might get the wrong information.
You guys probably know this but I think the point of it being basic is that it's to the point, and you don't have to spend time learning "the complex ways of adwords." :p This might be good for beginners that value their time/convenience over money, and are therefore willing to pay. Quickmvp does have a membership fee though which is lame. :bored:

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
I never looked at the campaigns myself. Basic could mean created badly and won't work. Not saying that's the case. Also, how do you interpret the data you have bought? Will it tell you how many avaiable searches there were that you could have shown for? Not knocking it, just concerned people might get the wrong information.

Hmm not sure. It worked well for that Buffer app, but I still don't know how many startups are going to pay $30 a month (and rising I think) plus adwords money. Good thing you're on here to warn us. ;)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's a good idea, to throw up a quick site and see what people are searching for.

In fact, coming to a soapbox near you since 2009: www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055721635

IMO, you shouldn't outsource the gathering of market intelligence.

The two things for your business that you shouldn't pay for are your passion (for your business), and your insight/vision.

Read these in this order:
  1. The Biggest Benefit of AdWords
  2. Are You Only Buying Traffic?
  3. Your Goal Is To INCREASE CPCs
  4. The Trick To Understanding AdWords
  5. Newbie Mistake: Limited By Budget
  6. Launch and Learn
  7. A Simple Example Of Using AdWords To "Validate"

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
It's a good idea, to throw up a quick site and see what people are searching for.

In fact, coming to a soapbox near you since 2009: www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055721635

IMO, you shouldn't outsource the gathering of market intelligence.

The two things for your business that you shouldn't pay for are your passion (for your business), and your insight/vision.

Read these in this order:
  1. The Biggest Benefit of AdWords
  2. Are You Only Buying Traffic?
  3. Your Goal Is To INCREASE CPCs
  4. The Trick To Understanding AdWords
  5. Newbie Mistake: Limited By Budget
  6. Launch and Learn
  7. A Simple Example Of Using AdWords To "Validate"

Thanks for writing all your tips by the way! I haven't ventured into adwords much yet, as I've been doing market research "by hand," but this will prove very useful! :)

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Going to use this as a chance to pimp out my own thread to you in hopes you follow it :)

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/funded-webapp-saas.53917/page-2 - 8th post down is an easy to use ad spend calculator to figure out your own margins. (I personally stopped posting exact #'s due to potential competitors on the forum)

Rep Transferred For Such a SWEET CAC to TLV Calculator. With that being said, I have crunched those numbers. My quickmvp run equated to a $1.25 costs per acquisition which is roughly $3.5 less than I can afford assuming a customer only purchases one of my products. There's plenty of question marks, but I hit 70 "conversions" on 700 or so impressions with a $70 marketing budget. Assuming a 20% cart abandonment if I actually had everything built out, that's still 56 conversions on $70.

Anyways, I've deleted the link and will be closing out the landing page shortly due to copy cat concerns. Thanks for the input from everyone and if you have quickmvp questions feel free to PM.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Rep Transferred For Such a SWEET CAC to TLV Calculator. With that being said, I have crunched those numbers. My quickmvp run equated to a $1.25 costs per acquisition which is roughly $3.5 less than I can afford assuming a customer only purchases one of my products. There's plenty of question marks, but I hit 70 "conversions" on 700 or so impressions with a $70 marketing budget. Assuming a 20% cart abandonment if I actually had everything built out, that's still 56 conversions on $70.

Anyways, I've deleted the link and will be closing out the landing page shortly due to copy cat concerns. Thanks for the input from everyone and if you have quickmvp questions feel free to PM.

Be careful - your conversions aren't real money and getting someone to whip out their credit card is hard & Where did you get that cart abandon number? The average abandon rate is 60%+ on really good sites. (i've experienced 90%+ on my shop I used to run that sold consistently.. you should expect the same, when making estimations, always do worst case scenario not best case)

Since it's so cheap ($70 per run) do the test campaign again with paypal up and see if you get any actual paying subscribers. I would be surprised if you got one (no offense)

e.g. real world example - i just launched my product with 2k signups - 0 paid members yet -

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Be careful - your conversions aren't real money and getting someone to whip out their credit card is hard & Where did you get that cart abandon number? The average abandon rate is 60%+ on really good sites. (i've experienced 90%+ on my shop I used to run that sold consistently.. you should expect the same, when making estimations, always do worst case scenario not best case)

Since it's so cheap ($70 per run) do the test campaign again with paypal up and see if you get any actual paying subscribers. I would be surprised if you got one (no offense)

e.g. real world example - i just launched my product with 2k signups - 0 paid members yet -

Great advice again. My product falls in the impulse category. It's also a digital product with $0 shipping costs.

My teachings from mentors with similar products told me to prepare for 20% abandonment but, if your product is in a similar category my ears are perked.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Great advice again. My product falls in the impulse category. It's also a digital product with $0 shipping costs.

My teachings from mentors with similar products told me to prepare for 20% abandonment but, if your product is in a similar category my ears are perked.

If you have an experienced mentor in your space, listen to him - I wasn't in the same space at all. Looking forward to seeing you progress :)

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
Thought I'd mention I did more research and https://www.instapage.com/ gets good reviews too, especially for startups as it's one of the cheapest. It has a free option unlike Quickmvp, but you have to do your own Google Analytics testing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.