The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

{PROGRESS + ACCOUNTABILITY} LAURYN'S RECONSTRUCTION: GETTING TO 50 SHADES OF PAID

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
No real substantial writing done. I'll try to catch the groove of the story again tomorrow. I had so much to do this week. So many loose ends to tie up and so many projects to finish and negotiate.

By the way, it's football season, and I am a Giants fan. I'm sitting here watching the game as I patch up holes and money leaks in my business system and explore a few conversations.

In addition to finishing the second book - whose cover I will share soon - I am planning to work on The Gary Halbert Challenge. God Bless the Grind.

These next 31 days are going to be so damn crucial for setting up 2014. You have no idea.

Oh! Oh! Oh!

Don't ask me why I *just* thought about this, but I have to rewrite and edit a couple of currently published Kindle books. I'm sure my royalties would be so much better if my language was different in the books. Even though I *doubt* they're that different from unfiltered books.

Got to keep publishing. Got to keep writing. Got to stay focused.

And... my brain is getting mushy. As soon as this game is done, I'm off to sleep.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RicTur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 7, 2013
Columbus, OH
No real substantial writing done. I'll try to catch the groove of the story again tomorrow. I had so much to do this week. So many loose ends to tie up and so many projects to finish and negotiate.

By the way, it's football season, and I am a Giants fan. I'm sitting here watching the game as I patch up holes and money leaks in my business system and explore a few conversations.

I completely understand. The football season is always big. Especially Ohio State Buckeye's College football! These are all time wasters yet we still continue to follow through and find some way for it to seep back into our lives some how. I hadn't really watched that much TV growing up or watched sports, so I have that advantage of not wanting to watch it. But when Vampire Diaries comes on, my wife insists she watches it every time. I kid you not, it is so loud in the house i feel like i'm part of the damn show and can't get much done. I then find my happy place, stream some piano on 8tracks.com and bam, back in the routine. It's always good to get away every once in a while and watch TV, Listen to Music, etc, so that you don't feel as if you are a prisoner, but we need to learn how to control it, and not take over our paths to success. Here I am typing this, waking up at 4AM to get some exercise regimen in, and get a head start, and my youngest wakes up at 5:05AM which will be a roadblock to writing, but I am learning how to manage both situations better when it occurs. She's not suppose to be up until 8! Grrrrrrrrr lol! My goal today was to finish 4 pages of research/writing for my book, and set my goals for the week to come but may have to find ways to fit it in other that what was set. Getting back to your situation, You can, and will get it done. How about another successful day of 2300 words? Just because you had one good day, doesn't mean those fingers can't give you another one! Get to it girl, and hope i'm not being to harsh, If I had someone pushing me, I think I would be more productive and thankful for that person. So put down the phone, turn that TV off, Turn off the internet, and WRITE! Your triumph is only a page away!

Go Bucks! and have a great weekend!

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Over the past 72 hours, I've sunk into an entrepreneurial depression. I'm burned out. I have no energy or desire to push. So I'm only going to be reading books, writing Wild Succulence, and focused on recovering. I've been pursuing my dream for 5 years, and going non-stop for about 1.5 years without much of a day off.

I'm at "rock bottom" and things are rebuilding but there are some structures that I have to re-develop and manage fiercely to come back stronger. There are even groups and social circles (Facebook "business" groups) that I have to pull back from.

I'm not like, sit in a corner and cry all day depressed. Just OMFG nothing is working and I'm stuck so... IDGAF til further notice.

Okay... maybe I'm not depressed. Just burned out.

GIF-hesitant-hmm-maybe-Nicki-Minaj-skeptical-unsure-GIF.gif

Well 15 copies of Succulence have been sold/borrowed.
I'm at about $150 in Kindle royalties for the month.

I've shut my main site down to focus on "writing" and myself for October.

This means:

- Gary Halbert Challenge
- 40 Day Prosperity Challenge
- Wild Succulence and Playgirl Diaries writing
- Freelance writing and copywriting
- Contract Hunting

I even set up a "portfolio" site that I have to submit content on. But my other business, for brand development and copywriting, oh, I am so burned out on that one right now. I'm not giving up but until I have better lead generation and clearly presented product. I am done. Besides being "desperate" doesn't get anywhere.

Oh... by the way Ain't Really Love (Ricochet) drops this Thursday under Jessica Watkins Presents. Like the cover?
10310618_1533582330189594_7589877024727544787_n.jpg

RicTur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 7, 2013
Columbus, OH
Lauyrn,

The only reason why I like this was because the cover looks very attractive and impressive as well as your royalties from your current book sales.

It's not like you to give up. Think about where you started and where you are today. How much you have learned and experienced, failed and succeeded. Think about how many people would kill to absorb what you have learned over those past 5 years. Failure is the path to success. We all have to accept this and push through no matter how hard, no matter how worn down we get, we must continue to succeed. A few things to look into, and I suggest you add these book to your daily read and repertoire, Act Now! (A Daily Action log for achieving your goals in 90 days) by Peter D. Winiarski, and the second book is The Success Principles by Jack Canfield. You may or may have not read these, but I suggest you keep these close by you. Act Now! is what you need to build the perfect goal settings foundation, with a dash of Jack, you will accomplish ANYTHING! Follow the principles in Act Now and see how it works for you for the first week, month, 3 months, year. and then report back to me. These have changed my life, and by following these, I pretty much have my days, weeks, months, even years planned out to reach those goals that I was never able to reach before. There was another book that I cannot remember which one, but it was stated that A monkey mind is one that thinks like a monkey. Wants to be in 10 places at once. Wants to do 10 thousand things at once, yet cannot complete 1. Ahh yes, this was from my all time favorite book. The Power of Now. Concentrate on one area of expertise that you think you can deliver on and create value for others. Here, I see writing being your passion, so do not loose this gift! If you ever have time to read these, it will forever change your mind, and pave that failure path to success with golden bricks. You must lay a foundation for yourself before you can act. In other words, you need to work on yourself. This includes Exercise to clear your mind and open gates to understanding things from a different perspective (can be 30 minutes a day). Meditation. perform 15 minutes or less, whatever time permits, to talk to your conscious self and obtain answers, and rid the worries as well as clear your mind from stress, and disturbance. Journaling. Sometimes writing out what you're thinking allows you to open opportunities that you never encountered before. Jot down daily encounters, Good things that happened, Things that have influenced you whether writing, quotes you may have come across, however you have been touched that day, write....it.....down. Rid the distractions, All social media and news. All of it is negativity that you do not need. Leave it for the slowlaners.

Getting back on topic with the "few things to look into".

1.) What are you doing for your audience after a purchase is made?
-Do you have a link in your book for email list submission for new releases?
2.) Are you currently investing back into your book for third party email list submissions?
-Thefussylibrarian (New to the Family of book submission and referrals)
-Scroll all the way down and find the link named For Authors. Now explore!
3.) Keyword modification
-Based off of Amazon Indexing search

This should be enough to jump start you back into action to continue being the Lauryn I know, and the successful author that you are bound to become!

NOW GET UP AND FLY!

"Let your visions guide you, not your current circumstances!" <-- Remember that!

Last edited:

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Thank you @RicTur - you're right. It isn't like me to give up. But I definitely needed to relax for a minute.

Today is October 1, and I'm already plotting out this month and what I want accomplished by O31. Thank you. I needed that.

@Cruor Vult - It is busy, but when you check the "urban" genre, that's kind of what catches their eye. I don't consider the story too urban, but there are some overtones and the audience will approve of what's said.

That said - it does drop tomorrow - and I am SO excited.

tumblr_m72lan0tg51r65wxyo1_500.gif

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
10360403_858112770879703_8501160815561882157_n.jpg

It's Finally Here

I feel good. That's 2 titles. Working on Wild Succulence Now:

By9G2kGCAAA7nL6.jpg

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
No hard numbers to report yet, but pleased to announce I broke the top 100 in paid Kindle sales yesterday.
Right now I'm at about 918...

And my book is just between John Grisham and Lee Child in the 90 minute literature and fiction segment.

10721182_1578140589073692_445052088_n.jpg

No words! In pain right now - sick, but so damn excited and happy. Now if only I could get the reviews to pop off!

beyonce-dancing-1310138111-1310140342.gif

Tete

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Sep 18, 2014
Guatemala City, Guatemala
No hard numbers to report yet, but pleased to announce I broke the top 100 in paid Kindle sales yesterday.

And my book is just between John Grisham and Lee Child in the 90 minute literature and fiction segment.

10721182_1578140589073692_445052088_n.jpg

No words! In pain right now - sick, but so damn excited and happy. Now if only I could get the reviews to pop off!

EPIC!

Cruor Vult

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Feb 18, 2014

Immense progress. I bet it whets your appetite. Which is good, because the way you're going, there's more to come...

Cybria

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 3, 2014
Accra, Ghana
Some of us have done similar things. Sometimes it works out fine, sometimes not. You will often find that wherever you go, there you are. And any baggage you have is still right there with you.
I have no patience with amateur therapists, but I'm going to be one now: How about thinking less about what might have been and more about what you are doing right now? Easier said than done, of course.
Also, you're only 29? From your writing I would have guessed that you were older.

Ah! I know this is six months old, but I felt compelled to reply.....I'm also 29, and about a year ago, I picked up my life and moved from southern California to Ghana. This was something I had longed to do for years, because my life stateside was in tatters and didn't seem to be getting any better. I had ended a seven year marriage to a nightmare of a man, I was broke, sleeping on my mom's couch, and had no college degree, although finishing college had always been a dream of mine.

In a way, picking up my life and literally moving halfway across the world was a good move for me, but it was not the magical Eat Pray Love sojourn that I thought it would be. Things have been much messier for me than Eat Pray Love. As it's been said, everywhere you go, there you are. You bring everything with you, and sometimes problems you had in your old location, tend to recreate themselves in the new one. So I have had to do some major soul searching when I found myself repeating the same mistakes, across the world in fricking Africa. It's a work in progress...especially since this is the first time I have ever been truly independent and living on my own. Learning to fly solo is a crucible. But I've found that I'm stronger for going through this crucible. I've had hella hard times in the past year...had a messy breakup that sent me into the depths of depression, I've gone hungry, lost friends, had rent over overdue, and throughout all of this I didn't have the option of picking up and going home (going home to where??). But I'm making it...I'm learning to trust myself, I'm learning to cope with difficult emotions, I'm getting my money right, I'm preparing to return to school. I'm doing it! A lil at a time...life has been way way different than what I thought it would be, but I'm doing the damn thing!

Cybria

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 3, 2014
Accra, Ghana
PS. I'm all about black and Latino empowerment but I will never trade anything over the personal development that comes through sexual empowerment. Sex creates and transforms. It's the most powerful energy we have. You will never enpower anyone until you empower yourself and nothing does that quite like sex does... Not cheap casual F*ck buddy sex.... Deep spiritually rejuvenating sex (with the right partner or partners, if that happens to be your thing, LOL) that releases negative energy and hurt and restored you to that juicy core of love and relaxation.

It's that supreme love and relaxation that gives you the universal love energy needed to empower and uplift by example. At the end of the day when you strip the skin, soul, sex and labels we place on ourselves and split ourselves by, at the core we are love. We tend to lose this in the human experience because we're looking outside ourselves for that acceptance and validation.

(Sometimes you can find this experience closely mirrored after six shots of Sweet Revenge, which I sometimes drink to get the juices flowing when I write.)

Women need that type of empowerment...I can't believe someone said you're focusing on the "wrong" empowerment. I hate when people try and define your role in life for you, as if they have license to elevate one of your identities over the other. I'm all for black empowerment as well, but overall, I am for the empowerment of any group that has been historically marginalized. And for too long women have been forced to believe that their sexual needs are irrelevant. As far as I can see, you are doing the good work...more power to you!

I know I'm reacting months late...this just got to me and I had to vent. Hmph!

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
It's all good.

So... I have only 3 reviews for Ain't Really Love. With all the people who purchased, I expected more than 3 by now. I am trying not to be butt hurt by it.

We're 5 days into October... and my goal is to have Wild Succulence completed soon. I'm not worried about Playgirl Diaries right now. Wild Succulence is going to be crazy.

It's fall and I guess it's about that time you get grateful and shut yourself in and publish like a madman. Johnny B. Truant and Sean Platt both say that January is a big month for book sales, because people are buying up lots of stuff for their new e-readers after the holidays. So... I'm pushing now to have work available by Christmas.

Not like I have much else in the way for me right now, right?

jimr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 5, 2012
London, UK
It's all good.

So... I have only 3 reviews for Ain't Really Love. With all the people who purchased, I expected more than 3 by now. I am trying not to be butt hurt by it.

We're 5 days into October... and my goal is to have Wild Succulence completed soon. I'm not worried about Playgirl Diaries right now. Wild Succulence is going to be crazy.

It's fall and I guess it's about that time you get grateful and shut yourself in and publish like a madman. Johnny B. Truant and Sean Platt both say that January is a big month for book sales, because people are buying up lots of stuff for their new e-readers after the holidays. So... I'm pushing now to have work available by Christmas.

Not like I have much else in the way for me right now, right?

I know the feeling; fell into a bit of a funk recently round about the 70,000 word mark of my latest book. I wasn't, as Steven Pressfield says, "In the belly of the beast", experiencing writers block or disheartened with the whole writing experience. More, it was kind of like not feeling happy with what I was writing.

Cue five days of rest and an assessment of where I see myself going. Outcome? Writing stories that have too much overlap with the real world is not my thing. That said, I have over 70k words that I either delete off my drive or try to repurpose the story. Decisions.... :)

As for the reviews you aren't getting: it happens. One of my books sold over 3,000 copies and I got 9 reviews, but repeat buyers on the follow ups (thanks to my email list).

Anyhow, good to see you're back in the game. I'm off to buy a copy of a book called 'Ain't Really Love' - I've heard good things about it and will be writing a review.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Okay about 1300 words for Wild Succulence.
I need to outline the plot - I need superior action going.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Review posted
I saw that - thank you! It's so appreciated!

Quick Bits:

• Post break-up depression. It was slow and gradual but I went from being treated the way I wanted to be treated to almost nonexistent, text-only communication. If I have to TELL you I want to see you and I don't... regardless, I refuse to wait on your a$$. For a month I waited for improvement, saw nothing and had the situation thrown back in my face with denial. He threw a temper tantrum and I wasn't f**king with it, so I left him where he is. He wanted to have the last word...so I let him have it. As they say HIRE SLOW, FIRE QUICK... and honestly, no reaction hurts more than any reaction... so I stopped reacting. It hurt because he'd been there during some really tough times for me - he even got me kitchenware for my apartment. But you have to focus on how things ARE and not how they used to be. So long and Salud!

• I know we're all about focusing now... I'm doing freelance writing and copywriting while I work on Succulence and Playgirl Diaries. I'm also doing some book editing. It's all pocket change. I'm waiting on some seasonal work to come in so I can do what's important to eat while this works out. I see with fiction it is IMPERATIVE to build a backlist as you go.

• I stripped one of my nonfiction books of the language and re-released it. So far it's doing okay. There's always that latency period where you're waiting for the book to pick up traction.

• Truly stumped on Wild Succulence. No idea how to propel the plot and give a real story. I think I'll have to focus moreso on one of the other characters...

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Excuses. Noses in other people's business. Bullshit I don't need to be a part of or privy to. I'm aware I'm only as good as the people I associate with and since I'm seeing this... I'm full of excuses, my nose is in other people's business and I'm involved in too much bullshit I don't need to be a part of or privy to. So... I'll be fixing MYSELF and by association, my ASSOCIATES as well.

jimr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 5, 2012
London, UK

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
One of my biggest distractions has been my circle. I love my peeps, but I tend to be the leader in my circle and we know that shouldn't always be the case. Everyone has different circumstances, focuses and levels of hustle.

I've had to seriously assess whether my peeps fit my ideal lifestyle and currently the answer is no. I've buried my work, taken a step back, and focused. I've redeveloped my copy and content brand, and I've even taken my eye off watching what others have been doing in terms of writing. I've been studying sex scenes, thematic elements, material and plot development.

I've had to rewire the makings of one novel to fit the audience, and I'm discussing more creative control in its deployment.

As for Succulence, I'm adding more complexity and character POVs to push more sex with emotional triggers in the storyline. While I don't get much in the way of reviews, a few people on Goodreads seem to like it.

I've been seeing an increase in Kindle sales after re-wiring and submitting an adult-filtered book with a cleaned up and improved version.

Success is soooo full of ups and downs, man.

exhausted.gif

RicTur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 7, 2013
Columbus, OH
@Lauryn

Hope you're doing well! I haven't commented or reached out to you in a while so I figured now is a good time despite what I recently read. You may have had time to clear your mind already and focused on YOU by now, but remember what MJ said, loose the baggage. On second thought, who cares what others think. You need to follow your heart not what your mind says. Who knows, perhaps this event in your life will allow you to strike something huge, something worth while, and something that will spark an opportunity. Let's just say, a blessing in disguise.

Now is the time to regain the ropes in your life, and focus on what truly makes you happy. Writing....

P.s. I've been in a slump myself, with work dragging me down, and haven't been hitting my miracle mornings in a while. When this occurs, I get even more down and anxious. I am 90% done with my first book, in which I wanted 3 out by 12/12. The current book has driven me insane as when I compile it into mobi format the book is un-clickable and pop-ups do not work (Children's interactive book that works in preview mode) I will be working on this all day today as I will/should have some time to focus. Between ballet, the wife working full time, a third child on the way :) and school schedules with the little ones, it's breaking me down quick. All I can do is stay strong and push through.

I wish the best for you as always, and hope to hear your recent earnings/numbers since the first book release! Have you seen increases? Have you modified your keywords, performed extensive book marketing, what seems to work? I would love to see what others are doing out there that are in fact having success. Good luck girl, and keep that head up!

-Rick

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
-Jaret Grossman

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
@Lauryn

@RicTur

Hope you're doing well! I haven't commented or reached out to you in a while so I figured now is a good time despite what I recently read. You may have had time to clear your mind already and focused on YOU by now, but remember what MJ said, loose the baggage. On second thought, who cares what others think. You need to follow your heart not what your mind says. Who knows, perhaps this event in your life will allow you to strike something huge, something worth while, and something that will spark an opportunity. Let's just say, a blessing in disguise.

Time has been crazy but I am better now. :D Yeah, I'm so attached to the outcomes of other peoples' lives sometimes, especially if I care. I can't do that anymore. I had to take a step back and see that this character flaw holds me back.

Now is the time to regain the ropes in your life, and focus on what truly makes you happy. Writing....

P.s. I've been in a slump myself, with work dragging me down, and haven't been hitting my miracle mornings in a while. When this occurs, I get even more down and anxious. I am 90% done with my first book, in which I wanted 3 out by 12/12. The current book has driven me insane as when I compile it into mobi format the book is un-clickable and pop-ups do not work (Children's interactive book that works in preview mode) I will be working on this all day today as I will/should have some time to focus. Between ballet, the wife working full time, a third child on the way :) and school schedules with the little ones, it's breaking me down quick. All I can do is stay strong and push through.

That's awesome. I don't even worry about all that. I use Microsoft Word and keep it moving! Ballet? And congratulations on the new addition.

I wish the best for you as always, and hope to hear your recent earnings/numbers since the first book release! Have you seen increases? Have you modified your keywords, performed extensive book marketing, what seems to work? I would love to see what others are doing out there that are in fact having success. Good luck girl, and keep that head up!

-Rick

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
-Jaret Grossman

My numbers are climbing steadily. I just have to work around that filter. Cleaning language has helped tremendously for the non-fiction space. I don't do any extensive marketing. I believe in the power of the backlist. Write, publish, repeat. In fact, if you get the opportunity, look at Write. Publish. Repeat. on Audible or Kindle and read it/listen to it. Great information and it's sooooo damn valuable and helpful to take in.

I'm about 80 Word pages into my book. Single spaced at that, mostly. 22.2K words. I stayed up several hours last night writing because I couldn't sleep and somehow I advanced the story. The secret to breaking through my slumps as a writer is to toss in a sex scene.

nicki3.gif

In other news, I am planning on taking in a ghostwriter soon enough. They'll get the plots for my story, and their job is to write the first draft. I'll read the story and make thematic and stylistic edits and publish. I think it's about scaling. The book is my idea, the storyline and plot is my idea, and the ending result is my idea, but the time, speed and velocity will come from outsourcing the help in that aspect.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I've been writing and going really hard in my copywriting business - but things have been tricky. Life has so many challenges sometimes.

...I drove to GA to get my emissions done and to renew my car tag. They said my car misfired, and because of this I did not pass the test. I paid $98 for that plus the $15 for emissions.

They said something about my thermostat housing but I did not have the money or time. I drove 285 like I was told to, and when I came back, I passed the test, but my thermostat housing basically flushed out because all my antifreeze was on the ground.

I paid about $250 for car repairs I was told I needed at a car repair place because they did something that rendered my whip undriveable and I had no choice in the matter.

They told me my engine was bad, and to start looking for another car. Jose has been with me for 4 years, and now suddenly, after all this road traveling and everything I've been through, I need a new car? REALLY?

I drove home - and had to borrow money from my parents and friends - because I was completely BROKE and I couldn't deal. Why, oh, why, did I run out of antifreeze before I made it home? And paid $13 for more antifreeze...

So I had to file a claim with the bank, because I wasn't having it. The car had been running okay ...and 3 days later, my car is pooling out of antifreeze and my car won't start?

tumblr_n6ekgsqKQL1rw8hy7o1_400.gif

I'm -$600 in one bank account.
I have $3 in another.
I have not enough for both rent and Internet/ electricity, but I'm paying all my bills and letting my rent overdraw my account.

But I'm really running on fumes in my life right now.
And I'm just at this point where I wish I felt something. But all I feel is this desire NEVER to be in the same place again.

With that said, I'll be walking to and from work, without a care in the world as I do until I get my car paid for - and handled. I'm working a seasonal retail gig. It's commission-based, and I'm handling clients on the side as I write. I've got this. It's not easy, but it's a reminder that I need to push harder with my publishing and my writing and that I've got this. I just need to suck it up and work harder than ever.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Sucks real bad. Thank you for having the courage to post this. I feel like the atmosphere on here might lend itself to producing a lot of hard-chargers who imagine a swift line and short distance between quitting your job and making millions. Real process is defeat and success. Real fastlane is what is beyond the touch of bad fortune, not the house of cards that gets built up before disaster hits.

Winter sucks for cars; first day of the freeze I had to buy $600 worth of car batteries, only the POS Honda survived, and it was the only one out of a garage.

Since you love reaction gifs, here's one for you:

survive.gif

Last edited:

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Why, thank you.

tumblr_ll9egpMq491qbjav8o1_500.gif

I don't care about faking sh*t right now. I have nobody to impress. Nobody. And we all know things are never a cut and dry process. Success comes ... but it's always darkest before the dawn.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.