The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best slowlane "job" to get into...

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma
D

DeletedUser10

I hoped you watched the video @Raoul Duke put up, @dreamer... You will be successful when you want success as bad as you want to breathe.
Stop asking other people what you should do with your life and make the choice and live with the consequences. I'm studying to get my real estate license also. I understand being loss and confused, but what I won't do is ask people on a website to help me feel better about myself; I can masturbate on my own time. Gets the same result. People have their own problems and know nothing about mine. You wouldn't ask for permission/validation to breath, would you?

Get your real estate license or don't... Just make a choice and stop asking everyone if they think you made the right decision. It gets you nowhere... FAST.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Get a job in a digital agency running PPC campaigns for clients.

EDIT: Direct response campaigns rather than "branding".

This. I still work in a ppc agency. This background is one of the reasons why I took my business from 0 to 10k/month in a few weeks, and will take it to 100k/month until the end of the year. (The other is general web dev and ad experience, continous self directed learning and curiosity)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Where exactly?? And I only have limited experience with PPC, could I still get hired?

Learn it yourself, then apply to some. Do the Google certification, can be done in a weekend if you're at least halfly intelligent. Everywhere you look there are agencies hiring account managers, because there is a real shortage of quality people.

Having performance marketing skills is GOLD.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
^^^ and offer to manage someones campaigns for a low fee of $200 per month. They pay the ad fee, you manage it. Get to learn with their ad spend.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
I was a agent when I was 18. I think its a horrible slowlane job. Specifically if you just want a job to pay the bills while working on your own business. Do you realize how much work you have to do and not get paid for it, especially just starting out? You literally are not even trading your time for money. Its worse then a typical slow lane job. If you need a job go get one where you have a specific amount of hours for a specific wage. Then you have more of a set amount of time to work on your own business.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
So what if that IS the reason I wanted to become a real estate, because it's easy to get into, I'm lost & aimless career wise, and decided to try this out.

I appreciate your guys' input and all, but it seems like you guys are just trying to bring me down :/ NOTHING in life is easy... I'm well aware of this. I was (actually still am) on the RN waitlist for the nursing program at my local CC. But I don't think I'm cut out to be a nurse for many reasons I don't want to get into. Real estate seems like it would fit my personality better I guess you could say.

I'd love some words of encouragement please... if anyone has them.

First Dreamer, we've talked a little bit before you know that I'm only posting a response to make sure you avoid mistakes that I've made and seen other people make. The rest of the posts I've read are doing the same thing, even if it feels personal, it's not.

"because it's easy to get into, I'm lost & aimless" = that means you won't be very successful in any business. If you can't make concrete decisions on something and chose your own direction you'll be an ship at sea AIMLESS with no port of call.

Remember, ships have sailing routes/plans, they have departure points and arrival points. You must first decide your arrival point, then depart.

"it seems like you guys are just trying to bring me down" = That's just because they are disagreeing with you. Trust me I've been there many times before. I would have this amazing idea and I couldn't get anyone to agree with me.

Once I saw that it became a trend of people not agreeing with me I asked and someone pointed out that it was me, not the other people. So my idea wasn't that great or I went about it in the wrong way.

And trust me those people that disagreed with me were not nearly as smart, successful, or helpful as the members on this board. So instead of people just giving you an opinion from an uninitiated perspective they are literally handing you $20's (or $100 in Red's case) wrapped up in their views.

"I was (actually still am) on the RN waitlist for the nursing program at my local CC" = That's what MJ mentioned about the next shiny thing. It's an easy trap to fall into. I used to be that way. Then I learned the difference between Motion and Action.

Motion = doing something that makes you feel productive (keeps you busy)
Action = doing something that produces real results towards your goal.

As always, good luck bud, feel free to message me if you have any more questions. It never hurts to admit that sometimes we don't know.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Get into new construction sales -- you'll want a base pay + commissions when you are just getting into real estate.

Never take a sales job with a base pay!

- You'll make less than you could otherwise, you'll be resentful later, you won't develop your skills to their full potential, and you obviously will never believe in yourself.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Offshore - Oil and Gas.

+$1,000 per day, 4 weeks on 4 weeks off.

6 months of vacation per year and retire a multi-millionaire. Not a bad gig

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Would you agree that one of the best "slowlane jobs" to get into would be becoming a real estate agent and selling homes?

I guess it CAN be Fastlane if you become super successful, however you're STILL trading your time for money.

I'm getting my real estate license right now as something I can fall back on. I'm hoping to eventually run my own successful business online, but I've been trying to do that for a few years now and so far no such luck. So I figured selling real estate is at least somewhat of a stable job and it's not sidewalk!

What do you guys think?

I read a quote somewhere like "real estate is a poor man's equity"

If you want to sell something, sell businesses aka investment banking.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I'll put a note in my calendar to check in with you in a year....

In reviewing my upcoming calendar for travels, I came across my own note to check in on you, @dreamer. Did you get your license? Are you selling one $1M+ home a year?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.