The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No Such Luck

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

maleek

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Aug 4, 2014
A friend and I had a conversation today. He runs an eCommerce herbal store, and I am in the process of learning the licensing game, thanks to Vigilante's thread.

During our conversation, he said he wished there was a way, other then SEO, to promote his product. I asked him if he had thought of doing an endorsement deal. He paused for a second, and said 'no, I haven't, what a great idea!' I then proceeded to tell him about my intentions to license products with celebrities, and get them into retail.

He said I was "lucky" to have been in negotiations with celebrities at all. "WTF!" I said in my head. Lucky?! I picked up the phone, and called an agency, whom I did not know, and offered them money. Supposedly, this is 'luck'. I literally cold called this place.

Some people may believe in luck, and in some cases I can see why. In this instance, I don't think luck applies. I used info that was readily available, and some common sense, to get where I wanted to go. In other words I learned part of a process. A few minutes with my old friend Google, and a quick phone call got me in motion. No luck involved.

I guess the majority of people think that these types of things are impossible. Everybody I have told my journey to, all have the same "you talked to a celebrity's agent" reaction? The funniest part about it, is calling the agent is the easy part! I suppose Mark Cuban is lucky, and fell backwards into becoming a billionaire as well.

All this to say, the next time somebody tells you, that you are 'lucky', when you've become successful, remember that 'luck' didn't force you to wake up, bust a$$, and sacrifice, to make things happen.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
Maleek, you are an inspiration to all of us.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
I view luck in two ways

The luck as in all the planets aligned/just in the right place at the right time.

and the other luck as in the culmination of repeated effort towards an desire that results in an "event"

Thats just the way I interpret it some might scoff at the idea of luck but I do believe in actual "luck" but not the slowlane definition.

The other day I was trying some new ventures and decided I needed to make some money to fund a venture so I went back to my old Dungeon and dragon gaming roots and resurrected my old gaming account then offered 1 hr coaching and an video+pdf package full of info but before I did any of this I cold called many gamers and was able to make $1.3k in total presales and after that about $700 more until all the indians and koreans swooped and offered the same service for dirt cheap.

That money didn't actually got to my venture but paid for some expenses that were in the back of my mind.

Before all of that I was mulling it over with my best friend about how to find the money but when I called him a week or 2 later and told him that I got everything covered and he mentioned "fkn lucky" so many times lol

I didn't get angry or feel "dissed" because at the end of the day I now understand why he would find me at the time "lucky"

Sure I could've went off on him about me spending hours talking to 14-32 yr old nerds and all the brown nosing I had to do but I didn't because "I AINT GOTS NO TIME FO DAT" I rather meetup and go game chicks then cuss him out for cockblocking lol.

Just some ramble:smuggy:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.