The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire by 30

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
About $500-$1500 for a good quality one.

Actually be good at it, most people will throw up a shitty site and immediately ask for the money.
Don't ask for money, just work hard to understand them, their business, and their needs.

Find a GOOD theme, use it, edit it so they love it.

Learn some marketing skills, like how to integrate email lists, copywriting, and most importantly how to run paid traffic. You can hit $20K/month no problem with not a lot of work.

Mind you, it takes time to get good, so start now.

This is very good advice, there are tons of people who would pay that amount for a very nice website. Me included.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
This is excellent! Im definately going to try this out!

Thanks!

Lagron

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 8, 2013
New Jersey
To the original poster- have you heard of micro-financing?

What are your thoughts on Ghana's legal structure?
Do investors have that "law" which will help them hold accountable, parties who take up contracts and meet/not meet the contract terms?
How is the banking system?

What is the view on foreigners? What is the foreign protection rate-... let us say I want to visit, is it like Nigeria where I'll get kidnapped and if I'm American get held for ransom at 1mill$ if I'm European its 500k$if I'm Chinese its 300k$ etc...

Just a few questions I'm posing. If its a few hundred dollars people make there a month- tell me, how much would it cost to start the number of general business ideas people in Ghana get? ... for restaurants, cafe's (that offer internet services), business with "foot traffic."

Aside from that- In your thoughts, what is the English literacy rate? Or literacy rate in general? I'll do some research.
In terms of services the country/government can buy/use... construction? utilities- water, electrical, plumbing? supplies? Are you in a location where business is visible ie, can you walk a few blocks, and see new hotels/homes/construction crews/offices etc.

I am not rich/wealthy on my terms, but I do have money to invest.
Get back to me.

You have my attention.
Thanks.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Good post.

You can make $2000-5000 USD/month just by learning how to do wordpress websites.

Step 1: Watch this:

Step 2: Advertise on www.craigslist.com, www.kijiji.ca by creating an Ad

Step 3: Download Photoshop, and create ads for them.

If all this really too tough, just download SoThink Logo Maker ( http://www.sothink.com/product/logo-maker/ )

And begin creating Logos for people, and advertise on www.fiverr.com

You can make $20-50/day from that alone if you do 2-5 jobs a day.

Stop making excuses and do it man.

@Silverhawk851

I will give this my best shot and post my results.

I live in a third world country and the opportunities are right there infront of my eyes to the point it hurts but money is needed mostly because I need to build a track record of successful smaller investments to pull in the big ones then raising money should be as difficult because practically none will give an ear unless there is already some proof in the pudding

Fk'n fed up with my current standard of life:rage:

I really do enjoy your posts
And
Thanks for the contribution.

jaxon 24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
May 16, 2014
Legon
There are lots of business opportunities in Ghana. Ghana is very hostile n stable politically and economically.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
There are lots of business opportunities in Ghana. Ghana is very hostile n stable politically and economically.

So some guy comes into your thread and is obviously interested in investing in you, and that 1 liner is your answer to him?

Lagron

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 8, 2013
New Jersey
I got a reply thanks @theag

@jaxon 24 , I'll send you a message when I can. I'm not sure as to what you have in the midst of wanting to start, but I see a number of opportunities. Still need to look into some things with the embassy.

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
[QUOTE

Step 1: Watch this:

Stop making excuses and do it man.[/QUOTE]
Great Advice! Just took it and i'm creating a wordpress site for my mom, to help her out with her business and possibly learn a few things there. I should be through by Friday morn. There really are opportunities everywhere. Thanks @Silverhawk851 verhawk851 your mindset and way of thinking is the real deal.

'Wealthy by 30' is a shitty goal. Change it to something more concrete. "I want to make $100,000 by next year by starting and growing a business that solves a real need in my country. I want to grow it to $1 million in annual sales in 3 years and I want to exit the company by selling it for at least $10 million later down the line". Not great, but better than what you have right now.

You're living in Ghana? I'm kinda jealous of you. You're in an emerging market in one of the richest countries on the continent. There's opportunity abound, and thanks to rampant corruption, any sort of regulation is only a slight inconvenience instead of an honest-to-god stopping point.

I don't think you need to leave your country. Open your eyes to local opportunities and don't be afraid of competition or the government.

Also, don't be afraid to start small. Even though you might not have a lot of money today, starting on something that will make you money will set you up well for the future.

Oil is growing over there, telecom is growing over there, and from what I've heard, most middle-class people own mobile phones. That's somewhere to start.
I agree its all a matter of mindset. there are opportunities everywhere. Its a common thing to blame the government or any other variable you cannot control. But what about the variables you can control, your effort, your commitment, your daily decisions. Grass isn't always greener on the other side. Ghana is an emerging market, people are hungry for success, they are all looking for hope. You could be that hope that brings life to them OP. I understand how tough it can be dealing in such a hostile environment, with corruption at its peak, but that's why you have to be stronger. A few days back i was considering dropping a whole division of my Agric nationwide trade business, but I was convinced by some kid (5-6 years older than me) not to do so, apparently this business was his only hope to get back into school. He was hungry, maybe even hungrier than me for success, and that is worth

GMJimmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 19, 2015
I think I understand your current situation. I'm from a poor eastern european country (but still richer than Ghana).

An idea for seed money to your company:
I was providing different services to companies, including preparation and submission of documents to regulatory authorities (for selling dietary supplements, medical devices and drugs). I was charging 80$ for a food supplement. Then I have made a website for myself to promote my services, and by SEO only I managed to get western european clients for 4x the price. For a 20 minute job I got 320$ without any questions.

The western prices are anchored way above your anchor levels. Maybe you have a skill or expertise too that western country companies need.

Godfirst

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 8, 2015
Ghana,West Africa
wow,great contrbutions.I'm a Ghanaian too and I've learnt a lot.And @Jason24,I think we can make it.It is all about having a positive mindset and putting words into action.....and like MJ said "Hope is not a plan" and also "The acquisition and application of knowledge will make you rich"
[HASHTAG]#thanks[/HASHTAG] #y'all

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.