The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

RichyV

Death Is Winning. Do Something.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Aug 31, 2014
Read it after watching your video ranting about ideas being worthless if you don't execute them. Resonated with me strongly, I've wasted so much time, you've truly changed my outlook on life. Thanks MJ.

gostorm21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Sep 9, 2014
Bought it on a whim and read it in one sitting. The emphasis on execution over ideas was exactly what I needed to hear. I've got the roadmap figured out...now I just need to keep on driving.

geko_man

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Aug 23, 2014
Australia
I've read it. I couldn't stop once I started! MJ has a great way of converting his knowledge into the written form.

I've also bought the audio version which my wife and I listen on the commute to work, might as we'll be reinforcing our mindsets while wasting time driving. Listening this morning reinforced the 'choices' made to be where i'm at, and the 'choices' that I am now making to change lanes.

Thanks MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I read it in PDF form from a friend of mine about 2 years ago.

It was so good, I bought it off Amazon to own the paperback. Oddly enough, I am about to re-read it in the coming week so I can retake notes and get a refresh.

AlanJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 15, 2014
Just finished reading TMF . It's amazing how much value an idea can have. For $20 I could have purchased a couple of meals at McDonalds which would have been soon forgotten and made me fat; for the same price I purchased this book, which has very much put me on the right track and changed my life.

Thanks MJ!

juhu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 18, 2014
Read the book. I am currently re-evaluating my business and putting an end to various slow lane pursuits. Thank you MJ for sharing your knowledge!

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014
I have 30 pages left and will finish tomorrow. MJ, this is truly a life-changing book and I can't wait to begin the process. Life is too short to drive slow.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Hey @MJ DeMarco! I read it twice so far. I am for sure going to read it again, but now, it is time to take action and apply the lessons learned. Until now, I've read a ton of books on business, entrepreneurship and self-help. TMF is the single best read among all the books out there! Nothing had a comparable effect on my thinking and understanding of the subject.

Very humbled to learn from all you guys! @MJ DeMarco - thank you for making all this knowledge accessible to us, great work!!!

Royael

Student of Life
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 22, 2014
Have read the book and loved it! Is there a german version? Couldn't find any, but would love to give about 5 copies away.

Thanks to MJ

invge

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 5, 2014
Read the book last year. Used limos.com for my weeding before reading the book or hearing about you, brought a smile to my face :)

cakesson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 25, 2014
Read the book as well. It was fantastic. I am building my fast lane right now and I will share my experiences here since your book really got me going.

D

Deleted25642

Read it, and now going through the audio. Have to say that the "dopey" funny voice of the sidewalk is something I enjoyed.

I'm getting much more this second time around. I remember actually thinking.... This is going to be referenced in the future as one of the "great books" of self improvement ( doesn't feel like the right genre but so much starts from the inside)

WarWizard

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 22, 2014
Maitland, Australia
Just finished reading TMF for the first time (will be reading it many more times, and tweaking my action taking to enjoy the 'process'). Fantastic book on how to enrich other people's lives by finding needs and fulfilling them, using the different vehicles that are available to us.

I've been a strong believer in Zig Ziglar's saying, "You can have anything you want in life, if only you help enough people get what they want in life", and MJ's book makes this more concrete.

Thanks for writing the book MJ. :)

Natious

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 18, 2014
Finally finished it. It's like I've somehow known what this book contains for a long time, but didn't have it in words and by god was it hard to read all of it and then know that it's true. I agree on most of it, I just can't seem to make myself do anything about it. On one hand I want to, but then again there's no ambition/energy/motivation. There's like 2 opposite sides in me and sadly the one who wants to go and do stuff to make my life better is way smaller. I'm only 23 and I hope somehow I can change that so I won't end up 30 and still in a similar place. I do try to rewire myself from all of the negativity and slave mindset, but then again every few days I find myself lost and not knowing what I need to do or where I am.
This wasn't meant to be a sad post. I read the book and I want to do something to give myself the drive and purpose for doing something great!! Motivation 2,5/10 (it was 1 or 1,5 before).

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I thought I posted here but obviously I have not as I dont have the icon under the screen-name hehe.
Comments...besides being insightful,eye-opening and life-changing. The book provides concrete strategies about how to attain wealth or success as an entrepreneur, something sorely lacking out there, MJ obviously filled a need by writing the book, which I think he pointed out.
The book really struck a chord in me because from around my early teens I knew there was something wrong about being a wage slave and being tied to a '9-5' I saw this in my old man who was a prime example of a workaholic whose wealth was limited somewhat by the hours he charged although he did go into some investing.
The inventor story in the book also gave me hope again as I was interested in inventing at a young age and remember coming up with some minor simple inventions although sadly I cannot remember them exactly.
My dream as kid was too be a "Businessman" or Entreprenuer, but the term businessman is popular in my country, due to the freedom I saw or heard they enjoyed.
Long live the Millionaire fastlane , glad to be member and 'disciple' of TMF .
Finally I need to get into the thick of things and get to action as well all know that is all that counts in the end.

ShadowCat17

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 28, 2014
Read it, loved it. My thinking has evolved towards the fastlane over the past few years, without me knowing what the fastlane was - so the book helped put into words and make concrete a lot of the concepts I've adopted over time. The breakdown between the three major mindsets (sidewalk, slowlane, fastlane) was quite illustrative. Also appreciated you drawing attention to the people who get rich in a different way than they teach people to get rich - drives me nuts as well.

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I've read the TMF . It is probably one of the best business books I've come across. The main reason is because MJ's story about his first Lamborghini encounter was something that resonates with me a lot. That part of the story peaked my interest and the rest was history. MJ layed it all out and tells you the tools you need and the mindset to building a successful business.

Last edited:

Dwee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 26, 2014
Just read TMF. Awesome book! I am going to go through it again and make notes for my current financial level. MJ your book is top tier and will be a go to resource for me for a long time. Thank you sir!

co-heir

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
May 3, 2013
Being here is a dream come true.Read the book and theres no more room for excuses.Im familiarizing with all the features of this page and so far i like what i see.Everything is so well organised.

Jimwheeler

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 20, 2014
I read TMF probably 2 years or so ago after hearing MJ interviewed on the Eventual Millionaire podcast. I remember being impressed by MJ's explanation of process Vs Event. It instantly hit me as being a fundamental truth - one I hadn't really considered before. I'm ashamed to say, I then proceeded on my shiny object crusade and jumped on to the "next big thing"

Recently, my mind started nagging me to re-read TMF, which I did a few months back. It struck me that the book is filled with fundamental truths. Not the next tactic that you should employ to make a quick buck, but truths that lie behind the real path to success.

Thanks MJ. Last month I joined the INSIDERS forum and am astounded by the amount of wisdom to be found there.

Bananas

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Sep 1, 2014
Texas
I finished the Millionaire Fastlane today.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for writing this book. I can see what changes I need to make.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for creating this forum. It is like a breath of fresh air.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.