The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feed My Starving Children

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
As I was drifting off to sleep, my thoughts wandered to all of the millions of people that are less fortunate than we are. If you are reading this thread on a computer or a smart phone, you are fortunate.

805 million people continue to struggle with hunger every day. 1.2 billion people still live in extreme poverty — on less than $1.25 per day. Each year, 2.6 million children die as a result of hunger-related causes. We are blessed, my friends. Even on our worst days, if you have a roof over your head and aren't going to bed with an empty stomach, you are way ahead of the least of them.

Before I go to bed tonight, I am making a donation to https://www.fmsc.org/donate and I challenge you at some point in the near future to do the same. Just $33 can feed 5 children for a month. $33.

Sleep well, my friends.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
When ever you have the chance and the funds, kick a few bucks over to the kids... where ever you find them. That's where we should be parking the real rep $$. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

integrity

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
307%
Apr 6, 2014
You're absolutely right, Vig.

I currently have some close family members that live in Cuba, and a "good" salary there is roughly $20 a month. Doctors were actually just bumped up to around $60 a month not too long ago. Can you imagine? It's unbelievable how such extreme poverty can exist right around the corner from us. This particular scenario is happening just 90 miles from the Florida Keys.

Definitely makes you appreciate all that we have and many times take for granted.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I often donate directly to kids and very old ladies who obviously can't work and don't seem to smoke. I prefer to give them directly or buy them a meal instead of donating to a third party organization.

Obviously we're lucky and must be grateful. I have a swollen finger since 3 days which annoys my nerves a lot. Then I watched a guy on youtube who was born with giant deformed hands - totally forgot my finger :p

Sent from my bathroom using Tapatalk 2 :)

oldkevx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
613%
Nov 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
@Vigilante The organization looks great with a high percentage of donations going directly to food. The rep was for reminding me how fortunate I am...beautiful loving wife, a 6 month old healthy baby girl and an amazing 3 year old son. They are my "why" in life...why I'm working on two businesses that I hope will allow me to be 100% present when I am with them. Whichever venture ends up being the most fruitful I'm incorporating a component that helps those less fortunate....thank you! BTW, you're right, you don't need rep, but you've earned it. Good night...giving to the kids in the AM and serving others tomorrow.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.