The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where to offload overstock apparel?

MG52

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Apr 8, 2014
Hi Guys,

First proper post here and apologies if it's not in the correct section.

I launched a mens fitness apparel brand a few months ago now, and due to a deal falling through with my partner who was to be sending me 75% of my traffic and a change in facebook's algorithm (my other 25% of traffic), I am left with much more stock than I would like to sit on. While I am getting good reception from customers, and the business is not a flop overall, it will take much longer to grow and I purchased enough stock to be able to handle the traffic that I was expecting. I'd like to offload 75% of my stock, so that I can then slowly bring out new products rather than sell the same styles for the next 2 years.

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a wholesaler/overstock distributor who may purchase my stock in bulk. I'm not going to link to my website or name the exact brand as I'd rather people searching for my gear didn't come across this post, but have added an image to show the style of my brand.

Please note I have just sent off emails tonight to a bunch of wholesale distributors that I could find through google, but none look that promising.

22_Fotor_Collage.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MG52

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Apr 8, 2014
Also I forgot to add, I have noticed on a few different forums that people looking to have their own clothing manufactured for them in China are struggling to find suppliers and are very wary about dealing with a company that will rip them off. I met my manufacturer at an expo and am very happy with his communication/quality/trustworthiness and am happy to pass on his details if anyone is interested.

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
Welcome to the forum.

First, great work getting up and going so quickly....I'm familiar with the industry and know it's not that easy.

Second, because your purchased traffic and Facebook ads aren't working as you'd like, you're tossing your inventory out the window? With close to 500K FaceBook fans......Something doesn't sound right.

I guess I'm going down the road of attempting to help instead of answering your actual question of who will buy all your stock. Sorry...no ideas.

If you provide a bit more relevant information, we might have some ideas on how to get rolling again.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Off topic: How did you get almost 500k likes on your page? (if you didn't buy any likes, thats impressive)

On topic: Instead of finding some wholesaler who will buy your stock (which I think would be hard to do because your struggling to sell many now so they might not be too excited about it), learn to get great at advertising or hire someone.

I see this as now you have an great opportunity to create really good ads and test test test them! That will benefit you way more then try to get rid of it now. Because if you can create appealing ads, you can sell almost anything.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
Like others, I agree you need to first see if you can sell your inventory to your customers. You won't even come close to covering your costs offloading to a wholesaler in bulk.

If you don't know how to do facebook/google ads effectively, now is a good time!

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Send it cheaply to someone like me to resell it :)

MG52

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Apr 8, 2014
The amount of facebook likes I got by growing a page about gym/fitness motivation, and then changing the name of it to my brand once it was already big. The thing with facebook now is that they changed their algorithm to only show your posts organically to much much less than they used to. Overnight it became close to worthless when before it would have been netting me fairly big dollars from the 2 pages I have. They did this as they want to push people into having to pay them for their advertising, which from the experimentation I have done is much too expensive to be effective.

There is good news though, after almost a year since the original deal fell through, I have managed to secure a new deal a few days ago to have my clothing stocked in the website that was originally going to be sending me most of my traffic. This is likely to be even better than the original way so I am back in the game!

As far as the advice to start learning how to create facebook/google ads effectively - are they still worthwhile these days? I had a bit of a play around with them but the result in exchange for the money spent was absolutely ludicrous. I'll start looking into it more, as there is always more dollars to be made even though I should be golden now with this deal back on. If anyone here is a pro shoot me a pm we may be able to work something out.

MG52

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Apr 8, 2014
Vigilante - Thank you I have noted the email address and will contact them if I get stuck again. Much appreciated!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.