The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Unusual Strategy: And what I learned

Anything related to matters of the mind

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I have 100% free time, I am creating businesses and it feels effortless, I'm not bothered by success I do not yet have, I have relationships and friends as a priority, I can handle the roughest BS you ever get in the business world and can leave EVERYTHING behind at the drop of a hat and start again somewhere new with virtually no preperation if there is a reason, and I do not FEAR poverty or circumstances going wrong.

How did I achieve this?

I used a very unusual strategy.

Here are the components

- Money is like water, it fills the container you have in your own mind, and that container is expanded by ability and kept large by peace of mind. You need to not only adopt a strategy of wealth but a strategy of consistency(and patience while developing skill), otherwise you will swing wildly between wealth and poverty, or be pushed towards excess, which may affect how difficult things seem and cause you a myriad of problems that hinder your ability to be effortless, peaceful, flexible and consistent, which will put extra pressure on excellence and possibly exhaust you before you reach your goal.

tl;dr Money fills a container, being inconsistent, lacking a peaceful attitude will shrink or break that container.

- The depth of poverty, isn't about having NO MONEY, it is about having no ability to IMPACT circumstances. And this centers around a feeling you have deep inside. This feeling will drag you and your bank account to zero as you face it. Every self made person has gripped at the low part of themselves and struggled with it, before they made money. My strategy was not to extricate this feeling, but instead sit with it LONGER than those who fear it, so that without fear, I could then with a calm mind see ahead, and not worry about the rocky roads "pulling me into poverty". Poverty is PARANOIA, and wealth, TRUE WEALTH requires SANITY FIRST (not sanity last).
tl;dr the depths of poverty is the inability to focus, and clear away all that is unhelpful in that focus

- Politics, what money truly is, implications of success and ethics in business.The earlier you fight for ethics the better, because once you let them go, you will never want to pick up the weight again because you will be afraid that it will ruin you. A belief of ETHICS FIRST, combined with SLOW PROCESSES of illumination, gave me time to go into great personal detail into the true implications and impacts of everything imaginable, allowing my understandings to be original and broader than those who singularly focus on $$$. As huge as the task of understanding everything is, I planned for wealth requiring everything being understood through time. A lot of this stuff is irrelevant to making money, but it is relevant in what KIND of business you make and how generous it can be when impacting LIVES.

tl;dr the benefits you bring to business will take time to develop and will require you to be interested in benefits that can only be grasped by seeing a bigger picture over time

- FIGHTING FEAR ITSELF toughens your spirit, and you must find INGENIUS ways to soften yourself(not submission of any sort). I ended up losing my apartment, my bank accounts, all support systems, and had every finger shoved in my face several times. And, each time, I breathed, I didn't yell at myself, I calmly looked THROUGH the situation, and did everything it took to keep integrity and steady my nerves. Over time, my nerve got stronger, and my decisions BOLDER, until I faced losing everything I could afford to lose upon every choice. I made some very BOLD choices, and I suffered incredibly after making them, but did not surrender. I found an ingenius sense of balance within, and matched the chaos with understandings that rivalled it. I thusly became tougher than ordinary peoples BS they slam on you, because they are AFRAID, and because to them you are just another obsticle in their fated to fail path to laziness and b#tchiness never ending.
tl;dr Steadying your nerves will embolden your fight against fear, and fear is what hides knowledge of self, so you will become aware of yourself and situatuions and others as you soften, after fear hardens you

- FINANCIAL INTEGRITY was important to me. I never asked for money or help I did not TRULY need to ease the blocks in the journey. When we start, we believe EVERYTHING requires money, but when you whinge and complain, all you do is vampirically take. To stop this, you have to stop vampirically taking from YOURSELF, you have to give yourself credit, and have faith that you will find a way forwards with integrity. As I did this, people became happier around me financially, and then they started to freely give due to how much value I give them. And then this formed into BUSINESS that freed up my time 100%. My financial INTEGRITY pays the bills, and keeps the vampire sh#t away, and destroyed my FEAR of money. Losing this fear has lead me to look at other peoples FEAR, and to care, and this has leaked into my businesses, not by my giving handouts or slashed prices, but by me creating exceptional customer service and understanding, by impacting how I look at peoples worth, and seeing that if I can give them integrity I can give them freedom.
tl;dr if you look at money like blood, and at yourself as a vampire, you have to stop sucking the villagers dry for every small irritation you feel. Hold back, and you will realise that most of your monetary needs stem from dissatisfaction with yourself. Give yourself credit first before you suck some blood

- I believed that business requires ZERO guess work and a PERSPECTIVE, that enables me to be adaptable. Without this perspective I knew things would fall flat. So I did everything LIKE IT COUNTED. I sucked at this initially, but over time, understanding how much everything COUNTS, led me to very very fierce processes that through time integrated with how I think, and is now effortless (because I understand that things MATTER)
tl;dr do everything like it counts, and regularly do things that matter so you keep honestly on the ball

My unusual strategy saw me be POOR first... Yes
But I have all the riches I need, in the DARKEST circumstances.
And MONEY cannot BUY courage.

I worked on everything MONEY cannot bring me.

This was my unusual strategy.
And I have learnt, that we as people are all so very very lost.

True balance comes from your ROOTS, and then, you can become the largest tree or the smallest, and it matters very little. What does matter, is how much you care about others. Because wealth comes from understanding how we grow.

We idolise morons, and its time you just look back at yourself, ask who you are becoming, and follow what you know is right. Because confidence in the mud, is worth all the money in the world.

Good luck
tl;dr
- consistency and peacefulness makes you resilient
- focus and clear away the unhelpful in order to feel better
- a bigger picture overtime expresses the care you show details every day
- steady your nerves, it will embolden and soften you
- give yourself some credit, ask what you really need
- regularly do things that matter, create an attitude that understands things count

I achieved these mentalities by understanding there is more to business than money and taking an unusual path.

It hurt but it was worth it, because I depend on money less than your average joe, while being many times better at business skills

As a result

I have 100% free time, I am creating businesses and it feels effortless, I'm not bothered by success I do not yet have, I have relationships and friends as a priority, I can handle the roughest BS you ever get in the business world and can leave EVERYTHING behind at the drop of a hat and start again somewhere new with virtually no preperation if there is a reason, and I do not FEAR poverty or circumstances going wrong.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Thanks man, @Bigguns50
Outside of my actual businesses this is pretty much all of it

Today I just slept in and woke up laughing
It was just one of those moments

I knew deep down I had made it

Cooler still, I'm a James Bond, just cruisin and doin impossible stuff
Satisfying self realisations rock

Sorry to any out there that find how its written confusing, I'm a bit tired, I figure if you wanna read it as is, you'll be happy to get fed, if you don't you probably don't feel you need it.
To each their own peace.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
if you don't you probably don't feel you need it.
Personally....I needed it. I'm marking it so I can read again....Probably daily for a while. Tough year.

Congrats on business BTW ! I can picture doing exactly what you did...waking up laughing. Very cool.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Thanks for the post and the insight. I actually real appreciate seeing posts like this, where someone addresses the internal journey and becoming the you that you want to be, rather than just having a big crib, a baller car, and money to rub in everyone's faces. While these things are nice, true riches are internal, and I love how you shed light on that.

My focus towards life and business is a lot like yours. My priorities are the people close to me, I don't let money take control of my mind, I stay dedicated to what I'm working on, and overall, I just live life like it was meant to.

Keep up the good work my brother!

Testament

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Dec 11, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Very inspiring post Rogue! Your words resonated with me on a very deep level.

You wrote that you lost everything at one point (or several points, I wasn't able to tell), and that you were able to keep calm and stay balanced and ride it out to come out stronger on the other side. I was in the position about a year ago where I made many bold decisions, and lost almost literally everything I had. I'm honestly not sure how much it strengthened me. For me personally, I was never too afraid of losing money previous to having lost it all, then once I lost it...it became my biggest fear in life. I came back from the brink and am doing much better now, but honestly some nights I still wake up from nightmares about losing everything and being utterly helpless again.

It's absolutely amazing to me to hear about those such as yourself who faced down that situation and were able to come out of it on top without the fear of it happening again. How were you able to keep your calm and come back even stronger from that experience?

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
It's absolutely amazing to me to hear about those such as yourself who faced down that situation and were able to come out of it on top without the fear of it happening again. How were you able to keep your calm and come back even stronger from that experience?

I hear you.

Well, first off I don't have like a support system like parents etc to bail me out, I was just living making my own money month to month. And my bank account was frozen. That months pay was just... Gone... I never got it back either.

I took it as an opportunity to sit with my fears.

I wanted to blame myself, but instead I told myself it was ok. I started this thing I called being on watch. Where I would sip enough of a drink so that I wasn't killing mysrelf, then I would sit there and allow the fear to push my mind. I would sit there the whole month close to the problem, making sure it wouldn't beat me down, and as many times as I wanted to ask for help I asked if I could find something first. I found things that gave me another day, another few days, another week, another month. Until finally all that was left was MY sacrifice, my bitterness. And from there I said "take the cash I don't need to be tied to that bullshit, I'd gladly pay that amount to get rid of your BS".

I worked everyday that month and then for 3 months after I was on half watch, letting myself soften and process what I'd been through.

... I then started being much more successful at everything, and I guess it made my landlady jealous, she kept not getting enough people to fill her apartment, and she looked for something to blame. She stewed and festered for months on a way to vent her failures onto me.

I was doing INCREDIBLE things with biz at the time, I had NO time for BS, I had no time for her hovering around the flat trying to make drama to ease her mind and get her load off. I didn't blame her, I just effectively and on my own time prepared to move.
The move ended up costing me a lot of money though cuz of how rushed and awkward she made it, and I had to process all the bitterness that came with seeing inside her fears, and why she acted out as a shitty person. I didn't want to care about her problems, I had relationship issues to deal with, business things to do, but she forced it on me, and tried to take all my time with her spinning drama desperate mind (which I did not feed).

The few weeks I had to prepare, I was on watch. I simply sat with a cup, and looked at the view and felt all the complications. I just stood right next to the void. And as doing that I started to sense what to do, and knew something was wrong.
On instinct I threw all my gear out except a bag rather than sleeping. And I made my way to my new place, and got rejected at the door, because his friend just took the place, I got the bond back and that was it.

Now at the time of the year all the flats are looking for university students so I was about to get a lot of rejections. So I had no place, all my belongings on my back, and I just stoicly sat with it and started walking. I found a cheap hostel. Spammed rooms, had to do that for two weeks.
And the thing about these situations is they start to crack you. So I'd just sit around with a tea, and make sure I wouldn't crack. I'd meticulously prepare myself in the mornings so that I'd not show cracks and give anyone a bad feeling.

Until eventually, I got a place, and then when I was there... I never became "complacent" or comfortable again. After being on watch well over a month I just felt like "I am a bird, and as the branches break, I will fly". I then set the goal to both never need a place and afford places with the utmost control, and to learn to deal with all the inbetween unafraid, to never let it crack me.

This "on watch" thing has eventually become my most precious business skill, because nowadays I just sit by the view, processing some void. Steady.
And that was how I became stronger than NO CASH and NO PLACE.

I get what you mean about it giving you nightmares...
There is NO CONTROL when it happens. And it pierces into you like an assault on who you are, and there is no fighting back, you are forced to ACCEPT it, and it does bad things to you inside. To stop it TWISTING you is FIRST, to turn TIME into your ally is second, TO SHOW INTEGRITY GREATER than the attack is third, and to allow your feet to move and to let go of old ways is fourth.

As I fought this stuff all the issues in the back of my mind came up to attack me mentally, but IF you remain strong, IT TURNS to YOUR ADVANTAGE, because if you survive it, it is gone forever.

As I did all this I gained a FOCUS that others simply never use, and I use it to accomplish things. I can sit for five minutes and allow my mind to calm, and then I can work, and then after the work I refresh myself and get back to things, face bigger issues etc.
It gave me the ability to not take all week on just ONE thing.
At first it took me three days to calm my mind enough to do what now takes me five minutes. That POWER of focus is intoxicating. And it can become so good that you literally can walk across town with all your possessions, and find a solution for how to get anywhere.

As I walked across town, I started to understand ways to get to all these other countries. And as your mind can reach that far, and you know it is all real, you look back to a few steps ahead and you JUST focus on that.

Sorry if this is rambling. But going through those two things changed me, because I didn't let them TWIST ME.
Until eventually I was James bond, not "poor and irresponsible" :p

Until eventually as fires popped up, I was motionless, peering, and better equiped. I gently laugh as I gaze at the trouble. I know its going to hurt, but I find the courage, and I in the end walk from the bullsh#t and KNOW that I WAS NOT THE PROBLEM.

We are all afraid most of all of letting GO of safety. Because we cannot understand yet how safety resides in OUR OWN STRENGTH. And when you find that strength in yourself, you'll wanna rock and tremble and avoid it, fearing what it will make you (different).
But as you stand watch, you slowly feel it helps you, it slowly rises in you, until eventually this freedom fills you, and you heal that feeling of poverty.

What you feel, is this connection, its really quite beautiful.
You sense that being RICH is about being the center, and about listening to a wisdom inside. And as you feel this you start to glow and people start to say sir.

And by that time, you just nod, because you know how fragile everything is, how you can't STAND on anyone and expect it to be fine to switch your brain off.

I guess the reason it didn't break me was because, I just didn't let THEM all get in my head enough that I'd HURT MYSELF.

Yes I went through suffering, but imo, it was the price I had to pay to break out of dependency of the cage feed.

I didn't let all that hatred and fear, make me into any other man, than ME.

I think most, let these fears push them to be rich... Then when they lose it all they are back at square one.
I did things differently, because I didn't let it push me rich. I wanted it to push me HAPPIER, stronger, into my better self.

I have been on watch 5 months of the past YEAR. That was what changed me.
At first it was like razor blades, and searing heat, and crazy, and then eventually it was a locked jaw, and a bass filled voice (holding in this monster), and now its, me caring about breaking down all this intensity into softer and wiser understandings of how I can help people as I grow.

How I can lead others best to self respect, integrity, and through that process less harshly than mine.

It feels great to not be afraid.
To just be stronger instead.

But that path is the most vulnerable one, because you can't point fingers. And everything tears away at you to identify as poor and stupid.
Until eventually, it rises in you, and you capture it, and control it.

And then they all stumble back.

/rant

Ultimately I woke up laughing, pulling the covers over me, sleeping in...
Know I had made it.

And its not MONEY that makes me feel that. Its not PROVING MYSELF to others.
Its just how I FEEL.

And I love it because, yes I can handle the hurt that comes, yes I enjoy my life, yes even as they bring the chaos I make a better relationship, yes I create my businesses as I see they need to be, yes I feel rich.

Money no longer has that "itch".
So I am comfortable with hundreds or billions. It just depends on the business paths I pursue.

I have sanity and am protected from the immorale cr#p people try to push on me because they are morons afraid of the guilotine themselves.

Its a nice feeling (I think I'll open a wine)
And once it comes
Just enjoy it...

Because the fight is always there. Maybe it always will be.

But that is why strength to face it matters more than the fear.
Money and poverty can kill people, but if you hold your nerve, if while having the shakes, you through the months break it apart...
You can find this "melody" that comes from inside

And it supports all the sh#t you go through

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Personally....I needed it. I'm marking it so I can read again....Probably daily for a while. Tough year.

Its brutal and its 90% all in your head. That is what makes it so hard.
getting blown around by others who know nothing about you, and can't even help themselves let alone YOU.

I've found that you can inspire people, and it starts to give you a little more room.
So when you start expressing internal confidence it'll ease up

Congrats on business BTW ! I can picture doing exactly what you did...waking up laughing. Very cool.

Its difficult to describe, but I feel all "snug".
While another side of me is this fierce James Bond.
And those two feelings make all the anxiety of making a business work go away, cuz I know I'll never back down.

THAT is freedom.

Not proving yourself to every schlub in the world that questions your armani suit, and tries to ridicule you out of the deal.
To be raw, to be real, to have IT no matter what others say.

That is the stuff a life should be made of

You will never convince the whole world.
You have to become bigger than that.

I attached a tiny gem, for those who need a clearer focus on what a business needs

Attachments

• businessmodel.JPG
    businessmodel.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Testament

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Dec 11, 2013
San Francisco, CA
I hear you.

Well, first off I don't have like a support system like parents etc to bail me out, I was just living making my own money month to month. And my bank account was frozen. That months pay was just... Gone... I never got it back either.

I took it as an opportunity to sit with my fears.

I wanted to blame myself, but instead I told myself it was ok. I started this thing I called being on watch. Where I would sip enough of a drink so that I wasn't killing mysrelf, then I would sit there and allow the fear to push my mind. I would sit there the whole month close to the problem, making sure it wouldn't beat me down, and as many times as I wanted to ask for help I asked if I could find something first. I found things that gave me another day, another few days, another week, another month. Until finally all that was left was MY sacrifice, my bitterness. And from there I said "take the cash I don't need to be tied to that bullshit, I'd gladly pay that amount to get rid of your BS".

I worked everyday that month and then for 3 months after I was on half watch, letting myself soften and process what I'd been through.

... I then started being much more successful at everything, and I guess it made my landlady jealous, she kept not getting enough people to fill her apartment, and she looked for something to blame. She stewed and festered for months on a way to vent her failures onto me.

I was doing INCREDIBLE things with biz at the time, I had NO time for BS, I had no time for her hovering around the flat trying to make drama to ease her mind and get her load off. I didn't blame her, I just effectively and on my own time prepared to move.
The move ended up costing me a lot of money though cuz of how rushed and awkward she made it, and I had to process all the bitterness that came with seeing inside her fears, and why she acted out as a shitty person. I didn't want to care about her problems, I had relationship issues to deal with, business things to do, but she forced it on me, and tried to take all my time with her spinning drama desperate mind (which I did not feed).

The few weeks I had to prepare, I was on watch. I simply sat with a cup, and looked at the view and felt all the complications. I just stood right next to the void. And as doing that I started to sense what to do, and knew something was wrong.
On instinct I threw all my gear out except a bag rather than sleeping. And I made my way to my new place, and got rejected at the door, because his friend just took the place, I got the bond back and that was it.

Now at the time of the year all the flats are looking for university students so I was about to get a lot of rejections. So I had no place, all my belongings on my back, and I just stoicly sat with it and started walking. I found a cheap hostel. Spammed rooms, had to do that for two weeks.
And the thing about these situations is they start to crack you. So I'd just sit around with a tea, and make sure I wouldn't crack. I'd meticulously prepare myself in the mornings so that I'd not show cracks and give anyone a bad feeling.

Until eventually, I got a place, and then when I was there... I never became "complacent" or comfortable again. After being on watch well over a month I just felt like "I am a bird, and as the branches break, I will fly". I then set the goal to both never need a place and afford places with the utmost control, and to learn to deal with all the inbetween unafraid, to never let it crack me.

This "on watch" thing has eventually become my most precious business skill, because nowadays I just sit by the view, processing some void. Steady.
And that was how I became stronger than NO CASH and NO PLACE.

I get what you mean about it giving you nightmares...
There is NO CONTROL when it happens. And it pierces into you like an assault on who you are, and there is no fighting back, you are forced to ACCEPT it, and it does bad things to you inside. To stop it TWISTING you is FIRST, to turn TIME into your ally is second, TO SHOW INTEGRITY GREATER than the attack is third, and to allow your feet to move and to let go of old ways is fourth.

As I fought this stuff all the issues in the back of my mind came up to attack me mentally, but IF you remain strong, IT TURNS to YOUR ADVANTAGE, because if you survive it, it is gone forever.

As I did all this I gained a FOCUS that others simply never use, and I use it to accomplish things. I can sit for five minutes and allow my mind to calm, and then I can work, and then after the work I refresh myself and get back to things, face bigger issues etc.
It gave me the ability to not take all week on just ONE thing.
At first it took me three days to calm my mind enough to do what now takes me five minutes. That POWER of focus is intoxicating. And it can become so good that you literally can walk across town with all your possessions, and find a solution for how to get anywhere.

As I walked across town, I started to understand ways to get to all these other countries. And as your mind can reach that far, and you know it is all real, you look back to a few steps ahead and you JUST focus on that.

Sorry if this is rambling. But going through those two things changed me, because I didn't let them TWIST ME.
Until eventually I was James bond, not "poor and irresponsible" :p

Until eventually as fires popped up, I was motionless, peering, and better equiped. I gently laugh as I gaze at the trouble. I know its going to hurt, but I find the courage, and I in the end walk from the bullsh#t and KNOW that I WAS NOT THE PROBLEM.

We are all afraid most of all of letting GO of safety. Because we cannot understand yet how safety resides in OUR OWN STRENGTH. And when you find that strength in yourself, you'll wanna rock and tremble and avoid it, fearing what it will make you (different).
But as you stand watch, you slowly feel it helps you, it slowly rises in you, until eventually this freedom fills you, and you heal that feeling of poverty.

What you feel, is this connection, its really quite beautiful.
You sense that being RICH is about being the center, and about listening to a wisdom inside. And as you feel this you start to glow and people start to say sir.

And by that time, you just nod, because you know how fragile everything is, how you can't STAND on anyone and expect it to be fine to switch your brain off.

I guess the reason it didn't break me was because, I just didn't let THEM all get in my head enough that I'd HURT MYSELF.

Yes I went through suffering, but imo, it was the price I had to pay to break out of dependency of the cage feed.

I didn't let all that hatred and fear, make me into any other man, than ME.

I think most, let these fears push them to be rich... Then when they lose it all they are back at square one.
I did things differently, because I didn't let it push me rich. I wanted it to push me HAPPIER, stronger, into my better self.

I have been on watch 5 months of the past YEAR. That was what changed me.
At first it was like razor blades, and searing heat, and crazy, and then eventually it was a locked jaw, and a bass filled voice (holding in this monster), and now its, me caring about breaking down all this intensity into softer and wiser understandings of how I can help people as I grow.

How I can lead others best to self respect, integrity, and through that process less harshly than mine.

It feels great to not be afraid.
To just be stronger instead.

But that path is the most vulnerable one, because you can't point fingers. And everything tears away at you to identify as poor and stupid.
Until eventually, it rises in you, and you capture it, and control it.

And then they all stumble back.

/rant

Ultimately I woke up laughing, pulling the covers over me, sleeping in...
Know I had made it.

And its not MONEY that makes me feel that. Its not PROVING MYSELF to others.
Its just how I FEEL.

And I love it because, yes I can handle the hurt that comes, yes I enjoy my life, yes even as they bring the chaos I make a better relationship, yes I create my businesses as I see they need to be, yes I feel rich.

Money no longer has that "itch".
So I am comfortable with hundreds or billions. It just depends on the business paths I pursue.

I have sanity and am protected from the immorale cr#p people try to push on me because they are morons afraid of the guilotine themselves.

Its a nice feeling (I think I'll open a wine)
And once it comes
Just enjoy it...

Because the fight is always there. Maybe it always will be.

But that is why strength to face it matters more than the fear.
Money and poverty can kill people, but if you hold your nerve, if while having the shakes, you through the months break it apart...
You can find this "melody" that comes from inside

And it supports all the sh#t you go through

Thanks for the huge reply!

I think I basically understand what you mean. Are you a reader of Eckhart Tolle, or any eastern philosophy? From what I gather, you're saying that when the shit really hit the fan, you sat with the feeling and faced it instead of trying to run away from it. You sat sipping (I'm guessing you meant tea) and sitting with your feelings accepting that the worst had happened. And once you were able to come to terms with it, you acted as fast as you could on a solution that came out of focusing clearly on what your problem was and what the very next step was to solve it. As opposed to thinking 30 steps ahead, or getting caught up in thinking about how terrible it was that this happened to you or blaming or beating yourself up. Is this accurate to what you meant?

Was it a meditation that you were doing when you sat sipping, or was it more like a quiet thoughtful reflection of your situation?

Your mentioning stopping the pain from twisting reminds me of a great quote I've heard, I can't remember who it was by: "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional."

Although I'm not entirely sure what you meant about first turning time into your ally. Would you be able to elaborate on that a bit more? :)

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I think I basically understand what you mean. Are you a reader of Eckhart Tolle, or any eastern philosophy? From what I gather, you're saying that when the shit really hit the fan, you sat with the feeling and faced it instead of trying to run away from it. You sat sipping (I'm guessing you meant tea) and sitting with your feelings accepting that the worst had happened. And once you were able to come to terms with it, you acted as fast as you could on a solution that came out of focusing clearly on what your problem was and what the very next step was to solve it. As opposed to thinking 30 steps ahead, or getting caught up in thinking about how terrible it was that this happened to you or blaming or beating yourself up. Is this accurate to what you meant?

You got it

Was it a meditation that you were doing when you sat sipping, or was it more like a quiet thoughtful reflection of your situation?

Half was paralysis if I'm honest, it was pretty terrifying. NORMALLY you run away, go get money from someone, or beat yourself up and back down, but when you KNOW you won't do that, it is just you and this feeling that totally stops you, makes you want to quit, go into denial, wish it away.
I had no solution in sight, and NO history of success in those situations, so my very best effort was to "ride my limit" and see what happened. When I could do something, I did it, when I needed to take a drink of wine (to stop myself clenching) I did it, when I seemed to beat myself up, I stopped it.
And what happened was, I did small SMALL things, in a haze, and they acrewed across that time frame. It distracted me from exploding or imploding, let things not get WORSE and got bits and pieces and the hard yards DONE, until, a change in mood then capitalised on the better position I now had.

Maybe if you degrade slower than everyone else around you, people weaken their position, and it reveals itself.

I can remember barely being able to think, because it stung so much, and I was just holding that feeling.
reminds me of a great quote I've heard, I can't remember who it was by: "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional."

Thats it

Although I'm not entirely sure what you meant about first turning time into your ally. Would you be able to elaborate on that a bit more? :)

Well, if you pay attention to the situation longer than others do, they just seem to "slip off" the problem. But if you DON'T pay attention, they get angry at you, for not paying attention.

Time can become your ally if you USE it well, and they "let it slide". Surprisingly this is VERY powerful even though it seems very subtle. I mean, it isn't like I made explosive progress, I just kept my composure and processed more of the pain than they did, and did TINY things that put me head and tail beyond them. Those two things seemed to very powerfully affect the situation.

Time in this sense helped create some kind of weird advantage I really do not understand.
Its almost like... They are TESTING you, because no one is ever CERTAIN where money is concerned. So if over that period of time, you do not crack, all they seem to sense is the same thing they sensed before, and they tend to "ease off" because their emotions have flattened out.

Its like, the drama is most intense AS they create it, but if you HOLD fast enough, they just ease back down, and flatten out.

Time was my ally because I could NOT do that in like a minute, I needed every hour of the day I had, because all my mental obstacles were making it harder.

I guess an analogy could be made to chess, if you have more time than the opponent you'll tend to beat them (but beware... my landlady did that to me, she built up this attack on me for months... so f'd up).
But if you USE time, you are much less likely to go down without a fight.

5 months of processing that PAIN we all feel, HAS ABSOLUTELY CHANGED IT.
I feel it quicker now. I can "smell" it on people. It rushes into me rather than creeping into me slowly and freaking me out. It hits into this solidity in me and I GRIT in a way that is a LOT smoother. And it causes my body to generate strength, that isn't "whiley" or out of control. And that strength enables me to act fast, a lot like ...

And to be honest, thats how I felt. And it takes a lot of calming down.
Except you aren't fighting a person you are fighting this paralysis and fears inside of yourself they are bringing up.
It purges you of thought.

My outside actions are quite generous, but I'm not stupid, I face it.

The pain that everyone runs from, I now TACKLE.
It HURTS, but I refuse to let it tear everything I build apart.
Right now, I'm bruised all over.
But in some weird way, I enjoy having the scars.

Its just like, everyone GOES CRAZY when this pain shows up.
If you are a guy that doesn't flip out and lose your mind.
Even though it beats you to within an inch of all you got.
You get up. It doesn't.

It gets easier..
But it never is "easy", if that makes sense?

I had to spend a lot of time on my relationship too... So...
You have to be strong enough for both.
Its a weird thing, but sometimes its being stronger for them that keeps you going.
And in the mean time, you just take a quick something to take the edge off.

Last edited:

Testament

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Dec 11, 2013
San Francisco, CA
I think I understand, Rogue. Your words certainly warrant a fair amount of thought, and I guess I'll have to pour over them for a while. Thanks for all the time you took to give such detailed replies! :)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don't know how to describe the way I am feeling recently, or what's brought it on. "Snug" works. "Peaceful" does too. It's from some inner belief that was there all along, but whose quietness is now drowning out the external noise.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I understand what your talking about but I know I'm personally not quite 'there' yet.

You have reached a 'higher' path of sorts and 'become' the person inside that can do anything you set your mind to because your totally free and focused.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.