The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AMA - Affiliate Marketing + Guide "How I Made $5K w/ 1 Campaign"

Marketing, social media, advertising

Maestro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 20, 2011
Hey Nos

I have just launched my info product and are now in the process of optimizing my page for conversions.

In a few weeks I want to hire my own team of affiliates instead of using clickbank or another network.
I know I will have to show that the conversions are good, give high commissions and have made ppc banners to make it as easy for them as possible, but where is the optimal place to get them?

Shall I just post the offer on wickedfire and warrior forum?

And how/where do I get the best affiliates?

I hope you can share your experience on this.

Cheers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
Figured I'd report back with my progress on this. Note I'm on my 8th day.

So far, one of my creatives is getting clicks, but no conversions. Wondering if I should change campaigns or just stick with it?

Anyone have any tips on getting conversions? I am all ears!

Still learning and having fun doing this, don't know why, but it's kind of exciting lol.

*edit* Also, I am using Peerfly, I am noticing a few of us using Peerfly and are struggling with conversions.

nitroheadz28

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 10, 2013
San Diego - NYC
I'm shutting my AM pursuit down, I got a job offer that I couldn't refuse and its going to eat up a lot of my time. With the time that I'll have left I'm just going to devote it to my fastlane ventures.

Nosferatu- Thank you so much, I wish I could keep it going so I could actually make some $$$ with everything you've guided me through. But fastlane> AM and I only have time for one (if you call 2-3 hours a night that).

To the rest of you working on this, I wish you guys all the best!

Tom

Carmen

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 9, 2011
Thanks for the Traffic.pdf. Great resources. I was just about to ask how do you create your mobile landers.

Liz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 1, 2013
South Africa
Good luck Nitroheadz. Thanks to you and Nosferatu and the other guys I have started a campaign, offers on Peerfly (email and zip) and ads on 7Search (direct linking). I have converted the first day, not millions but a little bit. Nitroheadz, we are going to miss you on this forum but hope your new boss's look after you well.

nitroheadz28

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 10, 2013
San Diego - NYC
Good luck Nitroheadz. Thanks to you and Nosferatu and the other guys I have started a campaign, offers on Peerfly (email and zip) and ads on 7Search (direct linking). I have converted the first day, not millions but a little bit. Nitroheadz, we are going to miss you on this forum but hope your new boss's look after you well.

I'm just happy I could help other newbies out too! Glad to hear you had some luck right off the bat, keep at it!

I'm not going anywhere :D, I'm still going to check in on this thread as well as lurk/ post on the forum as I work on fastlane. As soon as I get settled at my job and get the routine down, I'll hit it hard. :thumbsup:

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
*reporting in*

@ntrioheaz28, congrats on the opportunity bro. I understand what it's like when you get a sweet a$$ opportunity, can't let them slip by, that's for sure.

I think I'm about to solve some of problems with 2 things:

1) I built a landing page, I got a lil coding skills under my belt, so I just built it from scratch along with some help from the Landerapp.

2) I'm about to take advantage of the targeting feature on POF.

Kinda funny though, I got on the phone with the folks over at The Landerapp, and they kind of gave me some ideas on how to turn creating Landers for other businesses into a little fastlane™ hustle. Especially for businesses who are struggling to get new leads and customers. Something to think about.

Though AM is not fastlane, I have to say that I am really enjoying what I am learning, and I know for a fact this new knowledge can translate well over into my fastlane endeavors, it's all about execution and finding the right process. e

I enjoy the hustle, and I do enjoy checking the data after every campaign run.

How's everyone else's progress so far?

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Thank you for the valuable thread!

I got on STM's (Stack That Money) email list and opted in to get the "$80k Guide" but all the links I got so far are broken, 404s.

Were you able to get that stuff when you first got into STM?

I sent an email to them letting them know. I just really wanted to check it out haha

royalasg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 21, 2013
Bangladesh
this is a awesome share, I will try this out, though never did Affiliate, most I do SEO, first let see whats in your "case study pdf".

Michal II

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 21, 2012
Hey Nosferatu

Thanks for great info.
You mentioned that you have read a lot of books that helped you become better in this buisness, can you give a list of most helpful books?
Also is it a big obstacle that I live outside of USA?

Michal II

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 21, 2012
Hey Nosferatu

Thanks for great info.
You mentioned that you have read a lot of books that helped you become better in this buisness, can you give a list of most helpful books?

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
Hey guys , sorry i've been busy -- im going to come back and respond to you guys -- i know i've been MIA. But promise, i'll get back to this by the end of the week.

kidlex

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 7, 2013
THanks Man

Hey guys , sorry i've been busy -- im going to come back and respond to you guys -- i know i've been MIA. But promise, i'll get back to this by the end of the week.

Hey Nosferatu, believe it or not, I am an Account Manager at one of the larger Adult/Casual dating

companies online. I see millions of dollars a day being brought in in comissions. Yet I still have

some blockers, in regargds to AM, any suggestions to getting my 1st campaign going, so I can

leave the inside of the business and go to the outside. Its not about skill sets or knowledge...per say

its more about choosing a simple repeatable path of no resistance.....what would you recommend?

thanks

kidlex

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 7, 2013
Originally Posted by 1step
Im wondering what a typical ROI would be for media buying. I realize this could range a ton just wondering if you have a number you shot for or an average where you are pretty happy? The niche I would be most interested in would be health
Media buying is generally for when you want to take a working and converting offer from the affiliate stage, to the mass market stage. (depending on the niche)

1. Could you explain please why a media buy is secondary? Are you referring to P.O.F as the testing ground? What I mean is would you not recommend a media buy for any CPA offer, or are you just referring that a media buy right out the gate is not good idea with this particular offer?

Media buying is generally for when you want to take a working and converting offer from the affiliate stage, to the mass market stage. (depending on the niche)

Can you clarify this .. when you say an offer from the affiliate stage to mass market, are you referring to building your
own product around it? Or you mean just mass marketing the CPA offer because it's tested on a smaller traffic source.
I hope this makes sense. I guess I mean to ask "depending on the offer" should I not start with media buys at all
and if not what other sources should I start with? POF is dating but what about like zip submits and all those other
kinds of offers.

Thanks.

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
1. Could you explain please why a media buy is secondary? Are you referring to P.O.F as the testing ground? What I mean is would you not recommend a media buy for any CPA offer, or are you just referring that a media buy right out the gate is not good idea with this particular offer?

Can you clarify this .. when you say an offer from the affiliate stage to mass market, are you referring to building your
own product around it? Or you mean just mass marketing the CPA offer because it's tested on a smaller traffic source.
I hope this makes sense. I guess I mean to ask "depending on the offer" should I not start with media buys at all
and if not what other sources should I start with? POF is dating but what about like zip submits and all those other
kinds of offers.

Thanks.

I mentioned that if you know absolutely nothing about cpa marketing, i would advise against media buying FIRST, because you have to understand that every traffic source is DIFFERENT. you can take a banner that works on 1 website, but IT might not work on another. Media buying is buying up ad space on a shitload of different websites. They may work better on some websites than others -- there's a lot of testing going on if you ever get to that stage.

In my opinion media buys are only really good if you have a product with mass appeal. that can work in multiple verticles/sites.

Hope this helps.

Hey Nosferatu

Thanks for great info.

There are a lot of resources i've read. To be honest id start with the following:

Gauher Chaudrys PPC Formula 3 -- Great course on PPC if you know nothing about it
All of Frank Kerns Stuff -- awesome marketer
Dan Kennedy Stuff (anything you can get your hands on)
Gary Halbert / John Carlton for Copywriting
Charles Kirkland for PPV stuff

I gave a tip earlier about following marketers and opt-in to all of their free stuff , you can learn a lot if you're completely new.

hope this helps :)

I'm shutting my AM pursuit down, I got a job offer that I couldn't refuse and its going to eat up a lot of my time. With the time that I'll have left I'm just going to devote it to my fastlane ventures.

Nosferatu- Thank you so much, I wish I could keep it going so I could actually make some $$$ with everything you've guided me through. But fastlane> AM and I only have time for one (if you call 2-3 hours a night that).

To the rest of you working on this, I wish you guys all the best!

Tom

I agree with you nitroz, GL on your future ventures :)

Figured I'd report back with my progress on this. Note I'm on my 8th day.

So far, one of my creatives is getting clicks, but no conversions. Wondering if I should change campaigns or just stick with it?

Anyone have any tips on getting conversions? I am all ears!

Still learning and having fun doing this, don't know why, but it's kind of exciting lol.

*edit* Also, I am using Peerfly, I am noticing a few of us using Peerfly and are struggling with conversions.

Keep trying new things. Go google Marketing Sherpa and sign up for their free courses. They teach a lot about editing pieces of your page and copy to drive more conversions.

Hey Nos

I have just launched my info product and are now in the process of optimizing my page for conversions.

In a few weeks I want to hire my own team of affiliates instead of using clickbank or another network.
I know I will have to show that the conversions are good, give high commissions and have made ppc banners to make it as easy for them as possible, but where is the optimal place to get them?

Shall I just post the offer on wickedfire and warrior forum?

And how/where do I get the best affiliates?

I hope you can share your experience on this.

Cheers.

I answered this question in this read, read over it again.

nitroheadz28

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 10, 2013
San Diego - NYC
Nosferatu, I've said it before- but I hope I can find a way to repay you somehow. If you ever need anything no matter how trivial or whatnot, don't hesitate to shoot me a pm. I wish I had more value to offer, I'm still working on that daily :coolgleamA:

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
Nosferatu, I've said it before- but I hope I can find a way to repay you somehow. If you ever need anything no matter how trivial or whatnot, don't hesitate to shoot me a pm. I wish I had more value to offer, I'm still working on that daily :coolgleamA:

No Worries.

You can repay me by taking action in the near future and getting some cool shit off the ground ;)

DanielTArgueta said:
Dammit.... The course is closed!

I'll try and find out why.

http://bit.ly/HMmGhM :)

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
Keep trying new things. Go google Marketing Sherpa and sign up for their free courses. They teach a lot about editing pieces of your page and copy to drive more conversions.

Will do! I appreciate it a lot man! I'm using a lander now, and have actually started enjoy making landers, so i hope this will help me as I continue to test and collect data. Can't thank you enough for the advice.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Haha, thank you for that :)

I sent an email to Gauher through his website and it's discontinued because he's making a new course to replace it. It'll be called PPC Sumo and will come out early next year.

I can't wait for that one now! Haha

Thank you for all the useful information man :tiphat:

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
Just wanted to report back with some more progress + a bonus funny little story.

Business on my other endeavors are picking up a bit plus I start a new job in a couple weeks, so I paused my campaigns for the past couple weeks but am about to run a super targeted one today, kinda excited.

Funny story time:

So my AM finally reviewed my lander, said my ad-copy was good (yay!) but on that specific offer, guys with no shirts and tattoos aren't allowed (FL lesson: something, something CONTROL). Sad me. only thing is I spent hours on that lander, because I hand coded much of it, I even have a fancy little script that pulls the user's location (example: meet matches in Seattle, or wherever the user is located). So I had to hunt for more PG- like pics and re-do the whole thing. Oh well, such is life in AM right? Had to explain to my girlfriend why I was surfing google, flickr, etc for good looking guys, that was the most awkward moment ever LOL.

Anyway, about to process some orders on my other project and then run another campaign, hopefully I can get something to write home about. Will report back soon.

Good luck to everyone!

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
sorry for the double post, but I need some feedback real quick on a campaign.

Am I going too specific with my targeting? When I first started, I had over 10,000 impressions with 30-70 clicks, with a broader and more "general" targeting. Here's a screen shot of he activity going on right now on my campaigns. I'm debating whether to just go for a broader target and just let me lander narrow it down with my geo-tagging or location script. Let me know what you guys think. *note* I usually bid higher but I wanted to test my new lander and see if this location script really will give me a slight edge on the conversions*

screenshotPOF.jpg

At this point, I really just want more clicks than anything, because after I do my testing and such, then I know the conversions will come, I just want my data first.

Liz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 1, 2013
South Africa
Bump for a great thread! Hows it going for the up and comers? :rockon:

Nosferatu don't be a stranger :notworthy:
Hi everybody, I tried 7search. Not many conversions, but the impressions were great. Clicks were fair. I have reset the adds per click to .01$ for about all keywords and left the campaign to run and run and run. I also did not had a landing page, but used a direct link. The category was email & zip submit. I got the offers through Peerfly. My website has crashed and I am in the process of fixing it. Next time I will use the category biz op/work at home. The offer's pay out must be higher than $4 and I will build landing pages. Good luck with your campaigns.

dasein

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 27, 2013
great thread, so much awesome info. will be researching and starting a campaign ASAP :D

edit: update - have two campaigns pending for approval on pof :D. the lowest CPM that you can bid for is $0.16 though...is that normal? how did you get a CPM of $0.10 etc?

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
great thread, so much awesome info. will be researching and starting a campaign ASAP :D

edit: update - have two campaigns pending for approval on pof :D. the lowest CPM that you can bid for is $0.16 though...is that normal? how did you get a CPM of $0.10 etc?

My campaign was over a year ago. CPM prices have risen. Making it slightly more expensive to hit a profit.

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
I haven't ran a campaign in quite a while. I still have a lander up for one campaign. I decided to work back on my main project as that website is finally starting to gain some traction and I need to put more effort on growing it and fulfilling products for it. However, this thread alone has taught me alot about how to advertise online and marketing, and actually pointed me to some awesome sources on the subject.

I want to run another campaign once I get some free time to play around with. it's pretty damn fun and learning something new is always fun :D. I appreciate all the wealth of knowledge shared in this thread. I will be popping in from time to time :D

jarecki

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 22, 2013
Warsaw
Hey, thanks for the AMA, appreciate that.

Maybe it might be silly, but how to determine demographics? Is it possible without buying data?

For the sake of example, let's say I'm writing a book on X subject. I think people with Y interests of Z age will be interested in taking the benefit of its value. Is there a simpler way to determine my products demographics?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.