The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motivational Quotes

Saba

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Apr 25, 2014
Paris, FRANCE
“The difference between great people and everyone else is that great people create their lives actively, while everyone else is created by their lives, passively waiting to see where life takes them next. The difference between the two is living fully and just existing.” - Michael E. Gerber

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Azumaria

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 1, 2014
"I'm just one hundred and one, five months and a day."
"I can't believe that!" said Alice.
"Can't you?" the Queen said in a pitying tone. "Try again: draw a long breath, and shut your eyes."
Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
-- Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There (1871) Lewis Carroll

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
'There's something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road, doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, but you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything.' - Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Prince Wasiq

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
May 13, 2014
Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.
A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't.
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
I will climb this mountain. They told me it is too high, too far, too steep, too rocky, and too difficult. But it’s my mountain. I will climb it. You will soon see me waving from the top or dead on the side from trying.
When you know what you want, and you want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it
Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.
Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.
Profits are better than wages. Wages make you a living; profits make you a fortune
We all know a variety of ways to make a living. What’s even more fascinating is figuring out ways to make a fortune.
To become financially independent you must turn part of your income into capital; turn capital into enterprise; turn enterprise into profit; turn profit into investment; and turn investment into financial independence.

Zingy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jun 23, 2014
“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you will never get it done.”
-Bruce Lee

"The most important actions are never comfortable."
-Tim Ferriss

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
-Winston Churchill

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.”
-Buddha

z6Evolved

[Danger Zone]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jun 25, 2014
VAB
I got these from a list of inspirational gym quotes, so I don't know who to attribute them to, but I think a bunch of them apply outside the gym too.

"Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success."

"The hardest thing about earning a title is the ability to live up to it."

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it."

"To achieve something you’ve never had before, you must do something you’ve never done before."

"You are born weak and die weak, what you are in between those two periods of time is up to you."

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard."

"The only time Success comes before Work is in the dictionary."

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
"They Call me a 'Crafty Villain', however they cannot do anything about this crafty villain either. Whereas you people, who hold yourselves to be true gentlemen, have been defeated by me. If the price to be a gentleman is to be oppressed, trampled upon or even killed, I'd rather be called a crafty villain who can realize his own dreams and aspirations.

The Greatest traitor has always resembled an honest man, and the greatest falsehood come across as truth. Righteousness and evil cannot be discerned by their appearances.

Perhaps in the past you have decided wrongly about me, and perhaps today you misjudged me too.

However, I remain myself. I have never cared about others misjudging me"

--Cao Cao

Replace some words, contexts and concepts and this quote symbolizes the journey we're on here pretty well

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014
Time is the most valuable asset you don't own. How you use or don't use your time is the best indication of where your future will take you. If you want to know where your destiny lies, look at where you apply your time. --Mark Cuban

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
not a quote but this is my alarm in the mornings

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014

BRUCE LEE ON NEGATIVE THINKING

During one of my last workouts with Bruce Lee, my mind was on a letter I had received from a publisher asking me to rewrite a number of chapters of a book on which I had already spent a great deal of time. I was depressed, convinced that the book was not publishable. Bruce instantly sensed that my concentration was elsewhere and asked if this were so. I admitted my preoccupation and told him what was bothering me.

"The mind is like a fertile garden," Bruce said. "It will grow anything you wish to plant—beautiful flowers or weeds. And so it is with successful, healthy thoughts or with negative ones that will, like weeds, strangle and crowd the others. Do not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind for they are the weeds that strangle confidence.

"That sounds just fine," I said, "but the thoughts are there. How do I get rid of them?"

"I’ll give you my secret for ridding my mind of negative thoughts," Bruce said. "When such a thought enters my mind, I visualize it as being written on a piece of paper. Then I visualize myself wadding the paper up into a tight ball. Then I mentally light it on fire and visualize it burning to a crisp. The negative thought is destroyed, never to enter my mind again."

"Beautiful!" I said. "But how can I develop the confidence to do the job?"

"By visualizing success rather than failure, by believing ‘I can do it’ rather than ‘I can’t.’ Negative thoughts are overpowering only if you encourage them and allow yourself to be overpowered by them."

— from “Zen in the Martial Arts” by Joe Hyams

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014
A good one from my email this morning from Seth Godin:

The more you produce and the more needs you meet, the more freedom you earn.

contract

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 29, 2013
Be everything, or be nothing.

It takes a second idea to get the first idea started.

It's easy to accept what you aren't; It's harder to believe in who you are.

No man is born a failure, he is only a fool for refusing himself success.

- Contract

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014