The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great video by Tony Robbins

Anything related to matters of the mind

dreamer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 1, 2012
California
The video basically explains why some people "get stuck" and don't succeed even though they bought a product about how to make money online (or whatever) and in the video one of the guys says 73% of those people who bought that product don't take action, and they want to know why. Well here's the notes I took on the video but you should watch it, it's great:

What’s the holy grail between someone taking action or not, it’s one word: certainty. When someone is absolutely certain, when you’re absolutely certain that if I do “this” it’s going to get “that” result and “that” result is going to change my life, you’ll do it. When you think it’s absolutely not going to work you’ll never do it. The middle place of “maybe it will work, maybe it won’t” that’s the place that kills people. So if it’s a “MUST” for you, you have to MAKE it work. If it’s not a must for you and you’re not sure you don’t know what to do next.

What’s the difference between why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, well we all know the difference is mindset, but how is that built? This is how: 4 Factors

#1 Belief about yourself and your product. It all starts here. Their belief will affect how much #2 Potential they’ll have which will effect their #3 Action. And their action is going to determine the #4 Results they get. Ironically the results reinforces their belief. Then that belief affects their potential, and it goes on. Example: Lets say “a person” has unlimited potential we all agree. But they take little action and get little results because they don’t believe it’ll happen for them. What if something could come along and fill you with absolute certainty not like “I kinda believe” but where YOU KNOW and get yourself in a state of certainty that “this” is GOING to work. You tap into your huge potential, and when you have huge potential you’ll take massive action, you’ll get great results and your belief becomes stronger about your capabilities and there is your momentum. It’s why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy. Core difference in people is how do you produce certainty when the world isn’t giving it to you.

Then Tony goes on to talk about how we are defined by our rituals, and the small stuff we do every day. These daily rituals play a major influence in our success and our “belief” in ourselves.

Video here:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Thank you so much for this video, you can't help but admire Tony Robbins, rep transferred.

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Awesome video. I saw that it was nearly 40 minutes long and was initially hesitant to watch it - call it a short attention span or "millennial syndrome" or something, but I normally don't watch videos that are longer than 5 minutes.
I'm glad I watched the whole thing - very encouraging!

SGBoise

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 21, 2014
Have any of you guys watched anything from Tony Robbins that he said that you can execute in real life?

I haven't bought anything of Tony's but I did some else that mimicked Tony's methods especially the conferences. From my experience a lot of pep and barely has any real word advice.

Do you guys want Tony Robbins level success? Then do what he does not what he says you should do because there is should differences.

What he says:
You should believe. You should have potential etc etc etc.

What he does:
He writes books, he conferences for thousands and in those conferences he offers you more conferences at a discounted price but still cost an arm and a leg.

Get the point?

SGBoise

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 21, 2014
I forgot where I was going with my first post. The reason why 70% of people don't take action is because the "wealth" gurus don't really tell you the actions you can take. It's more about vague ideas if you believe you will think differently, etc.

Do you want some advice you can do today? When you get to the office or start your work, write down a piece of paper on what you are going to do for that day. I can tell from experience; one day I stopped doing it because it didn't feel like it was working. In two days I ended having 3 or 4 hours of productive work and the rest of the time was wasted on youtube.

Also dedicate time to meditating for 15 minutes. Turns out meditation actually helps with willpower and actually physically changes your brain.

I didn't get this from any "wealth" gurus. It's from books on habbits and willpower that have had scientist do experiments.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
for a motivational pick me up. Robbins is great. Like a double shot of espresso for the soul. To create wealth I probably don't qualify to give that kind of advice. But I know taking action with something your passionate about is what seems to be the census among The "Fastlaners"

SJVC

Go Make It Happen.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jun 27, 2014
UK
I saw this video the other week to and it certainly makes a lot of sense.

I believe this video was related to his 'New Money Masters' DVD course?

Some of his products are expensive but you can't complain for a kindle book for £2.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Stuff works. Boy does it work.

Read Psycho-Cybernetics, by Dr.Maxwell Maltz.
Everything Tony is talking about is based off Dr.Maxwell's study.

Great post.

SGBoise

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 21, 2014
Stuff works. Boy does it work.

I haven't heard of this and I plan on listening to the audiobook and
I'm curious how you can to that conclusion that it works? Are there case studies with control groups to show that it works?

Or are you wealthy because you did everything in the book?

If that's the case then everyone should be doing it. I certainly would.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
@SGBoise I speak from experience. There is always a point where you must see your results before-hand, and thus change your self-image before you achieve something.
"If you don't change, nothing will." You have to 'be' someone else.

If you've ever quit an addiction, or had to make a drastic change in your life, which most of us have, we inherently know this.

If I'm to quit smoking, for example, I must see myself as a non-smoker, 'be' a non-smoker and have my mind 100% accept that, which then will allow me to change my behaviour and be comfortable with this new behaviour.

Which then in turn gives me new results, more energy, no craving, etc, which further solidifies my belief that, hey look I have all these results, it must be because I 'am' a non-smoker.

This is a very cerebral topic, but can get amazing results.

As for Tony, It's not something new he's talking about, it's been around for centuries. He's just reiterating points made by greats.
Yes, he made a business out of it, and there are people that are simply self-help junkies that just blow money and take no action, but the ideas are scientific and have value.

Read Psycho-cybernetics, by Dr. Maxwell Maltz, it's alot simpler to understand, and all cited studies.

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
This is great. MJ's book instilled certainty in me. Perhaps that was the key. ;)

Whoa, 20:38 sounds like how visualization works!

I see Tony has a free coaching consultation on his website, has anyone tried/heard anything about this?

Last edited:

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Do you mind expanding upon which methods you have used to instill the 'certainty' factor?

Thanks for asking :)

Well that's the million dollar question isn't it?

Just got to know you can do it. I don't how else to say it. It's like asking "How do you believe?"
You just need to realize you can do anything and say to yourself I can, I'm going to do it, see yourself doing it.

It also really helps to see other people doing it. That was a huge one.

I went to AdTech and Affiliate Summit recently, and meeting so many success stories does something to you. "So how's business?" "Good, doing 1M/month....shooting to double that next year"

Nuts being around that caliber of people.

And you realize there is no difference in capability. Only effort, and strategy.

That's when you see yourself there.

You look around, and you see the Mahatma Gandhis, the Nelson Mandelas, Robin Sharmas, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates....and you think damn they had the exact same time on Earth as I did. Same 24 hours in a day...why am I wasting my time and my potential?

That's why I'm all about networking, the value in it is PRICELESS.
Find the people whose shoes you want to be in and you'll get there 100 times faster.

"You don't know what you don't know." and the only way you'll know what you don't know is by going to the people who do know....if that makes sense

my 2 cents

Last edited:

Gitrokr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
@Silverhawk851 Do you mind expanding upon which methods you have used to instill the 'certainty' factor?

I'd really enjoy reading your insights.

Also ordered the book!
First, you're going to have a great time going through Psycho Cybernetics.

To touch on your question, your mind doesn't know the difference between real and imaginary. Imagine yourself being certain and taking certain actions and really, really feeling the positive emotions you would feel. You will train your brain to become more certain, which will lead to more confidence and belief, which will to lead a little bit of action and it builds and builds. Basically, what the above video says.

Have a blast with it!

SCC

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Aug 25, 2013
New Zealand
Have any of you guys watched anything from Tony Robbins that he said that you can execute in real life?

I haven't bought anything of Tony's but I did some else that mimicked Tony's methods especially the conferences. From my experience a lot of pep and barely has any real word advice.

Do you guys want Tony Robbins level success? Then do what he does not what he says you should do because there is should differences.

What he says:
You should believe. You should have potential etc etc etc.

What he does:
He writes books, he conferences for thousands and in those conferences he offers you more conferences at a discounted price but still cost an arm and a leg.

Get the point?
I don't think there is any book in the world or any so called guru who would or could tell you exactly what to do step by step, every body is different as are our situations.
We cannot look outside of ourselves for answers, we can only look for clues that may steer us in the direction we wish to take.
That is why we read books, attend seminars, enroll in courses, join forums like this one etc etc.
At the end of the day it all starts with you and your mindset and the willingness to take action...i believe it really is that simple however I also believe in luck!! :)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I like Tony Robbins stuff. Never bought anything, but his youtube videos about identifying and overcoming limiting beliefs are awesome. He picks someone from the audience and turns them around in minutes.

Go to the Gary Halbert site and you will find two x one hour interviews between Tony and Jay Abraham. GOLD. ... and free. (Here's the link: http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com/newsletters/2011/TonyRobbinsInterviewsJayAbrahampart1.htm)

@Silverhawk851... thanks for the book mention. I will add it to my wish list. I think you have hit the nail on the head about meeting people who make you realise what is possible. In school I was predicted two C grades for English. I thought that was great. Then heard two people talking about how they were predicted two A grades. My jaw dropped... I didn't realise that was possible. I knuckled down and got two A grades. I would have been content with an amazing two C grades if I hadn't overheard them.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just signed up to audible (didn't realise it was an amazon company). Downloaded the book as my free one for my 30 day trial. I have 12 hours of commuting a week at the moment, and this will make those hours productive. Thanks for the heads up guys.

SJVC

Go Make It Happen.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jun 27, 2014
UK
Thanks for the response guys.

Has anyone read E-Squared on this thread? I'm about halfway through and the premise in that book is that buy visualising and feeling you dream, you are aligning yourself with the wavelength of that reality. It's pretty out there but I have seen others mention the book on the forum and it does make sense in a very peculiar way.

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
The video basically explains why some people "get stuck" and don't succeed even though they bought a product about how to make money online (or whatever) and in the video one of the guys says 73% of those people who bought that product don't take action, and they want to know why. Well here's the notes I took on the video but you should watch it, it's great:

What’s the holy grail between someone taking action or not, it’s one word: certainty. When someone is absolutely certain, when you’re absolutely certain that if I do “this” it’s going to get “that” result and “that” result is going to change my life, you’ll do it. When you think it’s absolutely not going to work you’ll never do it. The middle place of “maybe it will work, maybe it won’t” that’s the place that kills people. So if it’s a “MUST” for you, you have to MAKE it work. If it’s not a must for you and you’re not sure you don’t know what to do next.

What’s the difference between why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, well we all know the difference is mindset, but how is that built? This is how: 4 Factors

#1 Belief about yourself and your product. It all starts here. Their belief will affect how much #2 Potential they’ll have which will effect their #3 Action. And their action is going to determine the #4 Results they get. Ironically the results reinforces their belief. Then that belief affects their potential, and it goes on. Example: Lets say “a person” has unlimited potential we all agree. But they take little action and get little results because they don’t believe it’ll happen for them. What if something could come along and fill you with absolute certainty not like “I kinda believe” but where YOU KNOW and get yourself in a state of certainty that “this” is GOING to work. You tap into your huge potential, and when you have huge potential you’ll take massive action, you’ll get great results and your belief becomes stronger about your capabilities and there is your momentum. It’s why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy. Core difference in people is how do you produce certainty when the world isn’t giving it to you.

Then Tony goes on to talk about how we are defined by our rituals, and the small stuff we do every day. These daily rituals play a major influence in our success and our “belief” in ourselves.

Video here:
.....Absolutely Brilliant content.....Thanks for sharing ...Bookmarked permanently....

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Dec 14, 2014
Silverhawk, you said something that reminds me of another great quote. You posted: "@SGBoise I speak from experience. There is always a point where you must see your results before-hand, and thus change your self-image before you achieve something."

That is very much akin to one of the many great pearls of wisdom fro "The Art of War". Without digging up the exact quote, Sun Tzu says that winners win the battle in their mind before the physical battle starts where the loser goes in hoping he'll be OK.

See the result. See yourself being who you want to be and where you want to be with what you want to have, then take the steps that lead you to that place. It starts between your ears, and can only flow from that point. At the same time, great thought patterns are worthless unless brought to life by corresponding action.

Along the same lines (indeed the passage by Sun Tzu is quoted and discted in the book) is "The Unbeatable Mind" by Mark Divine. I read it a couple weeks ago and it is outstanding. I highly recommend it.

I'll put Psycho Cybernetics on my reading list.

Eos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 5, 2011
England
Great video.

For those who don't watch it, in summary:

You have unlimited potential
You take massive action
You achieve strong results
This reinforces your positive beliefs and realisation that you have unlimited potential.

This becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and encourages you to keep taking action and achieving great results.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.