The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

10 Little-Known Facts About Quitting Your Corporate Job

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
This is freakishly accurate. However, why is it that basically every article I read on starting a business always has a negative tone to it? Are they intentionally trying to weed people out? Warn them? I know that they're trying to be realistic here but it's like 90% of the articles I read. I'd rather be miserable at home in my pj's than miserable at a job in work clothes. Multiply this by 2 in winter. :p

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
I think the article did a very good job highlighting several with being an entrepreneur, and not so much with the rewards.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
This is freakishly accurate. However, why is it that basically every article I read on starting a business always has a negative tone to it? Are they intentionally trying to weed people out? Warn them? I know that they're trying to be realistic here but it's like 90% of the articles I read. I'd rather be miserable at home in my pj's than miserable at a job in work clothes. Multiply this by 2 in winter.

You know, I always feel like it's the Ego leaking out when I see this. Because what you're then saying is 'It's so hard and I'm so resillient and amazing that I can survive this.'

Reason I think this is because when I used to make beats, I LOVED all the things that discourage the 'wanna-be's' I LOVED spending hours looking through sound libraries. I loved mixing a stupid hi hat sound for 2 hours straight. I loved shitting around with a the compressor and then having a completely failed project.

Everyone who does this, loves this. If you don't, you will quit. It's that simple, everything else is BS. (This is 'Love what you do' instead of 'Do what you love'. I had absolutely no passion for making beats when I first fired up my software, I was just poking around to see what's up. It became 'passion' after I started seeing results. Hint Hint.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
You know, I always feel like it's the Ego leaking out when I see this. Because what you're then saying is 'It's so hard and I'm so resillient and amazing that I can survive this.'

Reason I think this is because when I used to make beats, I LOVED all the things that discourage the 'wanna-be's' I LOVED spending hours looking through sound libraries. I loved mixing a stupid hi hat sound for 2 hours straight. I loved shitting around with a the compressor and then having a completely failed project.

Everyone who does this, loves this. If you don't, you will quit. It's that simple, everything else is BS. (This is 'Love what you do' instead of 'Do what you love'. I had absolutely no passion for making beats when I first fired up my software, I was just poking around to see what's up. It became 'passion' after I started seeing results. Hint Hint.)

Hmmm, you may be right. Haha I can kinda relate, as I used to make music. MJ said a similar thing about it not feeling like work even though he was working all day every day. That's true, passion and persistence indeed!

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
Thanks for sharing really nice article. "What your learning part" is what I love most about entrepreneurship, always constantly new information which can benefit you in many ways.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Even my business (actually two businesses) only require me to spend most of the time in front of a computer and there's not much obligation to leave the house, I usually get dressed moderately well when I go to do work. I find that this makes me more productive even though no one will really care how I look. Makes me feel like I came to do business, rather than me being a shut-in glued to his computer (both of which are technically accurate).

But i definitely love working on my own terms in the comfort of my quarters more than going an office and trying to look busy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.