The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello From Japan

Did I write to much?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Most definitely

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

livingBJJ

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 3, 2014
Toshima, Tokyo
So I'm from New Zealand and currently living in Tokyo.

I used to have the entrepreneur spirit when I was younger.

In high school me and a two friends would buy YuGiOh cards and sell them for 400-500% markup on trademe.

We would get fake ones from vending machines, we would never say they were real or fake just as is in the picture. We only received 100% positive feed back.

We would also by authentic packs and see if there were any rare cards and if not I wrote a good copy that let us sell the opened pack for 300% markup anyway.

When I started this i has no idea what YuGiOh was but knew I could make money from it so learned about it

I found selling stuff fun and still remember when I managed to sell a normal $1.00 coin for $5.00.

Round about this time Trademe started becoming anti customer and when I putan apple (fruit kind) on trademe and someone bid a million dollars, they blamed me and banned my account.. Fukers I sill remember the $20.00 credit i just put on that account haha. That ended my highschool entrepreneurial spirit haha.

During university aviators Sunglasses became really popular because of jackass so me and one of the same friends started buying all the aviators from the $2 dollar shop and sold them all for $20 within a week. We blew all the money on the horses and never did it again for some reason. (getting drunk seemed more important at the time and playing a shitload of online poker)

Fast forward to graduation and I ended up working as an accountant (my parents dream not mine).

I had a growing passion for Martial arts which I started in 2nd year of uni, and fell in love with brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I decided it was all I ever wanted to do so I quit my job and flew to Japan to train BJJ. (Four years ago now, wow time flies)

6 months ago my brother hit me up about making money on the internet and I've been doing a shit load of information overloading thinking of ten new ideas everyday and not focusing on anything really yet.

I've read so many books in the last few months but none were as beneficial as TMF.

I've researched into SEO, affiliate marketing, blogging, niche sites, Adsense, Amazon affiliates, ecommerce, licensing, Ebooks, Apps just to name a few.

So far I have put out the worst looking amazon affiliate site ever made haha, but in the process I have learnt to drive traffic pure using Pinterest.

I have a blog (about bjj, travel: Japan and brazil) I have been writing for a couple years and it does rank first page on a few terms but it has zero monetizing at the moment.

I have a new improvement I want to make on an existing product everyone uses, no idea how to design though.

I have a get rich quick idea in the works a spin off of the milliondollarwebpage, but after reading TMF I have been thinking about how it will effect the customer, think I will go for the making them feel important angle. (Big fan of How to win friends and influence people).

I trademarked an idea for tv and tried to get it going (spin on a cooking show using some of the trends in cooking and dieting going on now).

Anyway I've finally narrowed focus and am concentrating on learning about making landing pages so I can validate ideas quickly with some ppc campaigns.

Step one for me now is learning some simple HTML and CSS and not get distracted by my million other ideas.

Ohh one last thing, my current situation. I work 3 days a week, train bjj 6 days a week. Have lots of time and no excuses to not succeed.

Most importantly I have a GF who has been with me and supported every decision we have made for the last nine years.

So that escalated quickly haha was only meant to be a quick intro.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read my story.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Welcome to the forum, and post the blog

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Haere mai and ようこそ from a fellow NZer who previously lived in Tokyo for 7 years :)

Your story sounds very similar to mine - soooo many ideas, so little time etc.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to get super focused on ONE thing. Validate the idea as quickly as possible, and if it doesn't fit CENTS (which is just CENTS written in a different way), move on.

Other than that, check out some of the posts by some of the stalwarts of the community - this thread is a good place to start.

Last edited by a moderator:

925nomore

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 14, 2014
Georgia
So I'm from New Zealand and currently living in Tokyo.

I used to have the entrepreneur spirit when I was younger.

In high school me and a two friends would buy YuGiOh cards and sell them for 400-500% markup on trademe.

We would get fake ones from vending machines, we would never say they were real or fake just as is in the picture. We only received 100% positive feed back.

We would also by authentic packs and see if there were any rare cards and if not I wrote a good copy that let us sell the opened pack for 300% markup anyway.

When I started this i has no idea what YuGiOh was but knew I could make money from it so learned about it

I found selling stuff fun and still remember when I managed to sell a normal $1.00 coin for $5.00.

Round about this time Trademe started becoming anti customer and when I putan apple (fruit kind) on trademe and someone bid a million dollars, they blamed me and banned my account.. Fukers I sill remember the $20.00 credit i just put on that account haha. That ended my highschool entrepreneurial spirit haha.

During university aviators Sunglasses became really popular because of jackass so me and one of the same friends started buying all the aviators from the $2 dollar shop and sold them all for $20 within a week. We blew all the money on the horses and never did it again for some reason. (getting drunk seemed more important at the time and playing a shitload of online poker)

Fast forward to graduation and I ended up working as an accountant (my parents dream not mine).

I had a growing passion for Martial arts which I started in 2nd year of uni, and fell in love with brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I decided it was all I ever wanted to do so I quit my job and flew to Japan to train BJJ. (Four years ago now, wow time flies)

6 months ago my brother hit me up about making money on the internet and I've been doing a shit load of information overloading thinking of ten new ideas everyday and not focusing on anything really yet.

I've read so many books in the last few months but none were as beneficial as TMF.

I've researched into SEO, affiliate marketing, blogging, niche sites, Adsense, Amazon affiliates, ecommerce, licensing, Ebooks, Apps just to name a few.

So far I have put out the worst looking amazon affiliate site ever made haha, but in the process I have learnt to drive traffic pure using Pinterest.

I have a blog (about bjj, travel: Japan and brazil) I have been writing for a couple years and it does rank first page on a few terms but it has zero monetizing at the moment.

I have a new improvement I want to make on an existing product everyone uses, no idea how to design though.

I have a get rich quick idea in the works a spin off of the milliondollarwebpage, but after reading TMF I have been thinking about how it will effect the customer, think I will go for the making them feel important angle. (Big fan of How to win friends and influence people).

I trademarked an idea for tv and tried to get it going (spin on a cooking show using some of the trends in cooking and dieting going on now).

Anyway I've finally narrowed focus and am concentrating on learning about making landing pages so I can validate ideas quickly with some ppc campaigns.

Step one for me now is learning some simple HTML and CSS and not get distracted by my million other ideas.

Ohh one last thing, my current situation. I work 3 days a week, train bjj 6 days a week. Have lots of time and no excuses to not succeed.

Most importantly I have a GF who has been with me and supported every decision we have made for the last nine years.

So that escalated quickly haha was only meant to be a quick intro.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read my story.

Welcome!

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
始めまして!

日本へ住んで行きますのおめでとうございます!
日本へ住んでいますのちょっと難しいかもわかりません。大胆ですよ!

ビジネスは頑張って!

外国人にはビジネスしますの難しいかもわかりません。それで @livingBJJ さんは日本人の友達に会ったらいいですよね。

頑張って!

Nice to meet you!

Congrats for moving to Japan. Living in Japan can be difficult for foreigners. You're really bold!

Doing business in Japan can be tough for foreigners. So I would recommend you make lots of Japanese friends.

Good luck!

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
Hello from Ontario, Canada. Loving the site. And the driven crowd of people. I'm no "10 year over night success" Yet. But I will be. Haven't bought MJ's Book yet. Just stumbled across him on youtube. Read the first 3 chapters.. I'm liking the no none sense approach. I'm a carpenter. I build million dollar homes for people in the fast lane all the time. My process has been hard and physical and rewarding..... But I could live without the physical ;)

livingBJJ

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 3, 2014
Toshima, Tokyo
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Welcome to the forum, and post the blog

Thanks Craig, just Google blog with my username its easy to spot. :)

始めまして!

日本へ住んで行きますのおめでとうございます!
日本へ住んでいますのちょっと難しいかもわかりません。大胆ですよ!

ビジネスは頑張って!

外国人にはビジネスしますの難しいかもわかりません。それで @livingBJJ さんは日本人の友達に会ったらいいですよね。

頑張って!

Nice to meet you!

Congrats for moving to Japan. Living in Japan can be difficult for foreigners. You're really bold!

Doing business in Japan can be tough for foreigners. So I would recommend you make lots of Japanese friends.

Good luck!

Nice to meet you Ninja Kid. I would have to disagree Japan is one of the easiest countries I have ever lived in. Especially if you want to set up a fast lane business. You can work 8:30 to 2:00, 5 days a week and get paid full time salary. You get around 3 months of the year off, that's pretty good holidays for a slow laner.

You have so much free time to set up an online business on the side if you want too. Whats more to land one of these jobs you need ZERO experience and the only qualification that is a must is that you can speak English....

I personally came here to train BJJ full time and one day open my own gym so all my spare time had been going into that. Whats more I only work 3 days a week now and train full time instead. However I recently got injured at the world championships and that made me realized I need something to fall back on if my body fails me.

Also having four days off a week for a month where I couldn't train made me feel kinda useless, hence I started reading up on making income online and eventually found my way to TMFL, best find ever.

Actually doing business in Japan however is a complete different matter, they are on a different level of crazy and weird and it baffles the mind to see the types of shops that are successful.

Haere mai and ようこそ from a fellow NZer who previously lived in Tokyo for 7 years :)

Your story sounds very similar to mine - soooo many ideas, so little time etc.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to get super focused on ONE thing. Validate the idea as quickly as possible, and if it doesn't fit CENTS (which is just CENTS written in a different way), move on.

Other than that, check out some of the posts by some of the stalwarts of the community - this thread is a good place to start.

Kia ora mate.

Yea I am now focusing on learning the basics of coding so I can set up landing pages.
Once I can make landing pages I will learn about driving traffic to the landing pages. (google and face book ad buying.)
Then I will test my ideas I have and see if any will pass the validation test, if I have any winners I will focus on that idea.

So far that is my process I have come up with, don't know if i am 100% on the right track but I wont know till I try.;)

Hello from Ontario, Canada. Loving the site. And the driven crowd of people. I'm no "10 year over night success" Yet. But I will be. Haven't bought MJ's Book yet. Just stumbled across him on youtube. Read the first 3 chapters.. I'm liking the no none sense approach. I'm a carpenter. I build million dollar homes for people in the fast lane all the time. My process has been hard and physical and rewarding..... But I could live without the physical ;)

Were you meant to just introduce yourself or actually reply to my post? haha. Your post looks like you probably wanted to start your own thread instead.

Welcome anyway, I always wanted to visit Canada one day, see the Orcas and do some salmon fishing. You should probably just buy the book and read it man, it only gets better after the first 3 chapters...

Last edited by a moderator:

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Thanks Craig, just Google blog with my username its easy to spot. :)

Nice to meet you Ninja Kid. I would have to disagree Japan is one of the easiest countries I have ever lived in. Especially if you want to set up a fast lane business. You can work 8:30 to 2:00, 5 days a week and get paid full time salary. You get around 3 months of the year off, that's pretty good holidays for a slow laner.

You have so much free time to set up an online business on the side if you want too. Whats more to land one of these jobs you need ZERO experience and the only qualification that is a must is that you can speak English....

I personally came here to train BJJ full time and one day open my own gym so all my spare time had been going into that. Whats more I only work 3 days a week now and train full time instead. However I recently got injured at the world championships and that made me realized I need something to fall back on if my body fails me.

Also having four days off a week for a month where I couldn't train made me feel kinda useless, hence I started reading up on making income online and eventually found my way to TMFL, best find ever.

Actually doing business in Japan however is a complete different matter, they are on a different level of crazy and weird and it baffles the mind to see the types of shops that are successful.

Kia ora mate.

Yea I am now focusing on learning the basics of coding so I can set up landing pages.
Once I can make landing pages I will learn about driving traffic to the landing pages. (google and face book ad buying.)
Then I will test my ideas I have and see if any will pass the validation test, if I have any winners I will focus on that idea.

So far that is my process I have come up with, don't know if i am 100% on the right track but I wont know till I try.;)

Were you meant to just introduce yourself or actually reply to my post? haha. Your post looks like you probably wanted to start your own thread instead.

Welcome anyway, I always wanted to visit Canada one day, see the Orcas and do some salmon fishing. You should probably just buy the book and read it man, it only gets better after the first 3 chapters...
Yes i definitely meant to make my own thread. Sometimes I'm so busy I don't have the time to quite pay full attention. And you should visit canada. make sure it's in the summer months though. winter is just ridongculous.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...