The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Play The Game Like A Pro

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
What's the difference between a professional athlete and someone who plays just for fun?

The amateur has more important goals in life, and they find time to play just when they can. Sometimes, even if an amateur makes a commitment, they'll not go some days because they "don't feel like it." It's not a priority for them. Really whether or not they play doesn't matter. If they quit tomorrow, their life goes on.

A professional on the other hand makes their game their life mission. They play to win, not just for fun; even though they may be convinced that they do it for shits and giggles (in my opinion, these guys are the most potent). They get up to train whether they feel like it or not; and I am SURE that there are days when they're sore and would rather just stay in bed. But they're a professional. Their mission is to play the game at the highest level, and be the epitome of excellence.They will keep training, keep playing, keep getting better, and make it known to the whole world how great they are.

Are you in business as a professional, or as an amateur?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Damn it, I left a typo in the title =_=

Nevermind, fixed it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What's the difference between a professional athlete and someone who plays just for fun?

One practices the sport committed, to the point of obsession. The other practices in moderation, and perhaps with balance.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Cool post. I love these little distinctions.

A cool concept was from Robin Sharma, the top 1% elite performers' goals have a different nature than amateurs do.

Amateurs make goals to acquire things, like cars, money, and to be able show off their skills. They are ego-based goals.
Goals that are based on what people will say. These make weak goals. Castles made of sand.

Professionals, they make inward, potential based goals. They want to actualize their potential, and see themselves as someone better.
They set goals to master a certain skill, to become great at it, without the care of people watching, etc.
They want to be some of the greatest people in the world, and realize they have the potential to do so.

These are strong goals, they keep you motivated even when things get rough.

Very cool concept, that's applicable to alot of the people on Fastlane Forum. Can't base your goals on what other people think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Turchetto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 23, 2013
Good shout as a former almost professional athlete, I've been putting that mentality to use with music production. I guess I should apply it to business as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.