The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Action Step: Start a Meetup. [check!]

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
Hello Fastlaners!

One of my Action steps was to start a Meetup. So I did, and now I've gotten an unexpected positive response in the form of Meetup joins and RSVPs.

Now I need to effectively steer the Meetup into the FastLane MINDSET. (But I'm winging it!)

So in the next few days I need to get some questions answered:

What can be done in the Meetup ...
  • that will SHIFT FOCUS onto things that MATTER to FASTLANERS ?
  • that will develop FASTLANE habits in a Slowlane WANTREPRENEUR culture ?
  • to ENCOURAGE people to CONTRIBUTE to a group where FastLaners can THRIVE ?
  • for NEW Fastlaners (like myself) to remain UN-intimidated by Veteran Fastlaners ?
  • that will teach an ENTHUSIASTIC Slowlaner something so DIFFERENT ?
  • that will encourage SLOWLANE-TO-FASTLANE solutions ?
  • to best NURTURE Fastlane concepts ?
( ... and what other questions need to be asked ? )

Crucial Concepts:
Sidewalk v Slowlane v Fastlane
N-E-C-S-T
5 Fastlane Business Seedlings
MORE!?

My goal is to have Awesome Accountability in Action, and that's how I've presented the meetup so far. I thought of considering "triads" as a technique within the core group as it matures, and I'm open to other ideas as well. I need to know how to form a RUDDER for this Meetup, as Entrepreneurs are a strong-willed lot.

My one rule is "no pitching" and I'm thinking of adding another which might be "No business-networking" (aka my-rolodex-is-your-rolodex). Other rules will be added as I try to stifle unhelpful distractions.

Here I go...

Jump in now -- and learn to swim later. This might become a progress record in the end. Meeting with people having a matching mindset is going to be a welcome change fro me. If you have done this before, I would really like to hear from you!

~ D2R

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
After the first meeting today, I'm humbled by the experience. More than anything the six people who joined me today were grateful to have a meeting like this. I was thanked for my flexibility (when in reality I was entirely winging it, and relied on their input for everything). Others had far more intelligent things to say than I did. In my view, others have had far more experience, and have far more interesting backgrounds than I've got.

Looking back on the post, above, it was silly to do much planning. I was totally over-thinking this.

All people wanted for the future was a bit more structure. I found a void to fill with the geography and the philosophy that I advertised for in the Meetup I started. On one hand a guy was there who'd never been to a meetup before, and on the other hand there was a guy who stopped going to "networking" meetings altogether. This second guy has already written about the group with flattering and positive words, as well as complimenting me with words to the effect that I've steered the group in a good direction. (Wow!)

During the discussion (over iced tea at a coffee shop, outside in the din of traffic) I had very little to contribute. I sorta kept asking if there's anything I can do to make the group better.

When I was asked what got me to organize the Meetup, I said I'd been reading books, and organizing this Meetup was my action step that mattered. I said I was prompted by the book I'd just found (TMF )... However... For some reason the group was unimpressed. It seems the words that are so new to me in this book are just points being made that "we already know"... (well, honestly, reading TMF and finding this forum were exactly the things I needed for myself).

In the end, I've now got six people with whom I can speak a common language, where I had nobody before. Two of the attendees had immediately followed up with RSVPs for next week.

I'm flattered, I'm excited, and I'm humbled. I'm the LEAST successful among the group. I believe that I simply need to form a structure and get the heck out of the way!

~ D2R

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
Someone backed out because she thought it isn't for her. "Amassing as much money as possible" is not what her life is about.

How she got that from the blurb that I wrote? She probably has a filter of some kind, where she reads one thing and hears something else.

The point that I made in the comments section of my Meetup was meant to expand the IMAGINATION of the members and pull interest towards the idea of money being abundant, rather than being "zero-sum". I thought it was an excellent little piece.

She wrote an unfair comment, which I had to delete because she never attended and she doesn't know me. In her comment, she says she's doing fine "money-wise" and doesn't need a group that's "all about money".

Well the truth is that I started the Meetup to SERVE OTHERS. And it turns out there are some heavy-hitters among this small core of people, who seem to enjoy helping the others at the table, and don't appear to be needy. I like the tone.

Once I got these people together, things began to happen. I'm the small fry among these big potatoes, and I'm happy to facilitate things that personally I could never cause to happen on my own, in my own lifetime.

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
The meetup was AWESOME today. You can't script this stuff. Bringing people together to HELP EACH OTHER is always GREATER THAN YOURSELF.

I could write about the meeting, but I'd rather tell you about what made it possible for ME to facilitate some AWESOMENESS. Here is what was going on in my heart the whole time. (Except for making a phone call: I called people yesterday to get feedback. I was still nervous today, but it REALLY helped.)
  1. BE AUTHENTIC.
  2. Start slowly.
  3. LISTEN.
  4. WAIT for your chance.
  5. Be CONFIDENT that you KNOW STUFF (because you know TMF , and the Gold Threads in this Forum)
  6. Be aware of the distinctions between PROCESS and EVENT. Focus on Process.
  7. BE THANKFUL that people met you. SHOW IT, and don't let them go before shaking hands.
  8. Follow through with a phone call. GET FEEDBACK. Your people are important, make them feel it. Ask directly, what specifically about this group is VALUABLE to them.
Being Authentic is I think the most important of all.

~

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
Q: What's it like to be the smartest person in the room?

The answer to that question is unfortunately,

A: "I must be in the wrong room."

That's how I feel today.

Will this Meetup ever turn into a genuine Fastlane Entrepreneur group?

It seems to me that the helpful interaction which goes on in the group might naturally occur any time six people without monthly paychecks gather together.

But what about the MLM'ers? What about the family-trust-fund guy? What about the pseudo-retired, I'm-not-taking-on-any-new-clients accountant? What about the rest of the who-do-you-know "serial-entrepreneur" kinds of people that join the group? These are the people who are helpful to each other... And they are coming to this Meetup.

People are trying to create jobs for themselves.

Personally, I have such a sense of futility when I drum up "business" in the form of those one-off computer support gigs, or the infrequent show-them-what-you-know "consulting" sessions I can do. The only way to duplicate these activities is by cloning myself. This is NOT leveraging my time.

The upshot of creating this group is that a few more people are now in my sphere of influence. Right now this is the closest I can get to potentially catching those "new friends" I'm seeking, as I try to purge my world of the nay-sayers and sidewalkers. I need to nurture and care for this bunch. A role that's easy to fill, it seems, as the organizer of an entrepreneurial meetup.

I'm looking for a partner in mind. I want to find someone who is interested in making money the way @MJ DeMarco has shown me to do. It seems to be a lonely road. I suppose it's keeping my sword sharp, bouncing ideas off these guys in the Meetup. But again and again I read how much having a mentor shortens the learning curve. Am I not ready for a mentor? Should I just keep plugging away re-reading TMF and this forum, and continue to influence the direction of this meetup into the direction I want it to go?

It seems to me that the candidates best suited to become a mentor for me are ones who have no need or desire to join an entrepreneurship meetup such as the one I've started. For example, someone who had attended the first meeting is more interested in BNI which is an international networking outfit, and is not interested in spending his time at a Meetup such as this. (But I have called him. And I can call again, he says.)

It occurs to me...

I'm providing value to the people who are coming to the meetup I've begun. I know this IS what I wish to do: provide value to people. However, I'm finding myself saying "what's in it for me?" now.

But... I'll keep going because it looks like the right path for me at the moment. It IS providing me with validation for a mindset, which would NEVER be provided by my former or current family or friends.

Not by a long shot am I the smartest among the members of the group.

But I DO feel like I know a secret... it's in the book, and on this forum.

~

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
How are you getting these people?

One of my Action steps was to start a Meetup. So I did, and now I've gotten an unexpected positive response in the form of Meetup joins and RSVPs.

Hi @Kyle Tully -- I started a meetup on Meetups.com and in a month I've got 50 members. The first and second meetings had five attendees, and although two had dropped, two were new. I attribute the success of the joins to my copywiting when I created the Meetup. I attribute the attendance to the geography, and to the philosophy I tried to express and convey as the organizer.

What prompted my post for today was a phone call I had with one of the new ones. I believe I've got too small of a sample of attendees to be a good judge of what's to come in future weeks.

But the call opened my eyes to the fact that there are NO Fastlaners but me, and all the others are either sidewalkers disguised as WANTrepreneurs, or glorified slowlaners looking to create a job just for themselves.

~

Last edited:

Kyle Tully

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 13, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Gotcha.

Yeah trying to find "fastlane" type people from meetups.com is probably not gonna work.

They just don't hangout there and aren't going to turn up to a random person's event.

The only meetups I've ever found worth attending were based on either a paid membership or association with an expert/event. The best ones were a combination of both.

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
I was in an MLM and learned presentation skills. I sold insurance and learned cold calling.
Now I am the Meetup organizer and I will learn [blank].

This is a good experience, and more good things will come from it, whatever they may be.
I expect to outgrow the group, but certainly not for another month or two.
I'm getting a lot out of it so far!

If I'm meant to introduce someone to TMF and a life changes, then it will all be worth it.
If through this meetup an opportunity is revealed, or I become otherwise enlightened, then it's all good.

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
They just don't hangout there and aren't going to turn up to a random person's event.
The only meetups I've ever found worth attending were based on either a paid membership or association with an expert/event. The best ones were a combination of both.

I'm wary of meetings with paid memberships or seminars with an "expert" or an event that looks fastlane-ish. What good is it to pay to hear from a panel spewing forth the words I've already read in TMF? And if I were to FIND this group (somewhere in LA) then what would it look like, and how could I distinguish it from the power-networking-business-card-accumulating-and-I'm-a-huge-fan-of-the-speaker kinds of meetings that cost $45-175 per entry, even as a "member"? Isn't there a risk of sheepishly walking out with one of those "I Invest In Myself" stickers pasted to my lapel?

And if it could be distinguished from the chaff, why wouldn't I be able to duplicate it WITHOUT a cost? And why couldn't I just organize one of these clearly distinguishable meetings for myself and charge an appropriate fee for the value?

Granted, a fee would keep out the slowlaners and sidewalkers from this group, so maybe that's exactly what you're saying. Pay a fee, meet people who value the meeting enough to also pay the fee.

Therein lies the Catch-WD40.

Really, I'm looking forward to the day I can cover the cost of joining several groups/seminars/meetings just to find ONE gem. (My obvious next step for a subscription is right here in the TMF forum.)

Last edited:

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
Per @MJ DeMarco, yesterday :
Effective since this last spring, paid "meetups" are not allowed to be promoted at Fastlane any longer unless it goes through my company so I can retain brand integrity.
In the future, if any meetups are to happen with a paid admittance fee/tickets/etc, they will need to go through my company. I've made it clear that if the event is to be promoted here, it will need to vetted by me, and need to be an official Fastlane event meeting my brand standards and brand requirements. To date, no one has contacted me or inquired as to what those requirements would be.
As for other meetups that are just people getting together, those still can be organized as long as there is no $$ being exchanged.

This is INTERESTING based on my post above. So much for my charging a fee for Value on a meetup group I am modeling after TMF and this forum. Good CATCH for MJ - he's maintaining CONTROL of the BRAND. And here I was just trying to get ahead, knowing what I know, having learned from TMF and this forum. But because I got my "people" from Meetups.com, and did NOT use his name or the TMF brand, I'm probably in the clear. However, it really defeats the purpose I had to meet other Fastlaners in the flesh.

Hey @MJ DeMarco how can I get your "brand stamp" on a meetup? Do I have to PAY YOU FOR IT? ;) Consider this an official inquiry. Please PM me the deets.

~

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey @MJ DeMarco how can I get your "brand stamp" on a meetup?

You don't need my stamp of approval to use my book as a topic for discussion in a meetup.

The problem arises when people *think* through default that you are representing my brand, my company, or that the meeting was vetted by me/or my company.

Kyle Tully

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 13, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I'm wary of meetings with paid memberships or seminars with an "expert" or an event that looks fastlane-ish. What good is it to pay to hear from a panel spewing forth the words I've already read in TMF? And if I were to FIND this group (somewhere in LA) then what would it look like, and how could I distinguish it from the power-networking-business-card-accumulating-and-I'm-a-huge-fan-of-the-speaker kinds of meetings that cost $45-175 per entry, even as a "member"? Isn't there a risk of sheepishly walking out with one of those "I Invest In Myself" stickers pasted to my lapel?

This is partly about doing some recon on what the event is all about and who's going to be there, and partly about attending different events and finding the gold.

e.g. I've been to at least a dozen different seminars here in Sydney... once... but there is only one I continue to attend (other than my own) based on the quality of attendees and quality of people behind the event. PLUS this event also has a paid membership forum that has monthly meetups which are awesome.

You won't hear anyone talking about "fastlane" concepts, but you will see them living them.

And if it could be distinguished from the chaff, why wouldn't I be able to duplicate it WITHOUT a cost? And why couldn't I just organize one of these clearly distinguishable meetings for myself and charge an appropriate fee for the value?

Granted, a fee would keep out the slowlaners and sidewalkers from this group, so maybe that's exactly what you're saying. Pay a fee, meet people who value the meeting enough to also pay the fee.

The $$$ keeps the extreme slowlaners out... but that's only a small part of it.

There are plenty of paid memberships -- and TONS of paid seminars -- filled with the wrong kinds of people.

You've also got to have the right person behind it.

Think of it this way, imagine if MJ announced to the INSIDERS he was holding a meetup at a bar just down the road from his house next month. You've got the small fee for INSIDERS as an initial barrier to entry. But more importantly, you've got MJ. He knows quality people. And other quality people want to know him, and the people he knows. So it raises the bar of who attends.

The same event without MJ wouldn't draw anywhere near the same type of people.

The "clearly distinguishable" characteristic is the people at the event, not the concept or the event of the fee.

Nate-NewVenture

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 31, 2014
Lomita, CA
Attended this meetup today. Got some great insight from someone seasoned in this game. Thanks @Drive2Riches for setting this up. The real-time discussions are invaluable. I think for a 'free' meetup, it was worth my time.

I look forward to the next one with updates on action items.

Nate-NewVentures

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
Inertia.

Once again this has been a humbling experience.

One quick-minded thinker and fellow Fastlaner was among us this time. He knows the book, knows this forum, and knows the premise of the Meetup. Having one more Fastlaner in the group kept the discussion moving in the direction I have been hoping to maintain.

My lessons of the day:
  • I was more relaxed because I recognized that people are receiving some value from being a part of the group. This was one of my goals, and it's been met.
  • I was worried about the MLM'ers... and I learned that, individually, they are different (duh!) and have nothing to be afraid of here. Some will stay to enjoy that same value. Others won't return. (true story)
  • Managing time for six people needs more deliberate structure during the meeting. Four, not so much.
  • The group thrives on clear start and finish times. Respect the start time, and finish on time. People won't vanish, but the discussion will take a turn to the more casual.

I spoke more this time than I had done during the prior meetings. It was finally time for me to open up. When I did, I received a wealth of tremendous feedback. I hope I can do proper justice to the helpful tips and information I received from the others in the group. I plan to come back next week with a good report about my personal progress, and it will be based on the new insights offered to me. Opening myself to suggestions from the group led to a good exchange.

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
Any meetup in DFW area? Seems not
@Writer check the title of this thread... "action step - start a meetup"

I was in your position only a month ago, and my desire to meet with people who think like those from this forum was very strong, so I took action.

Eliminate your limiting vocabulary (such as "Seems not") and re-read this thread, as I've tried to offer my personal insight here about starting a FL meetup.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I'm considering doing something like this for university students, but finding people who are truly motivated will be difficult. I've mentioned the Fastlane Toronto meetup to a few of em but it doesn't seem like any will come. I'll follow this and see what oyu come up with.

Nate-NewVenture

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 31, 2014
Lomita, CA
Inertia.

Once again this has been a humbling experience.

One quick-minded thinker and fellow Fastlaner was among us this time. He knows the book, knows this forum, and knows the premise of the Meetup. Having one more Fastlaner in the group kept the discussion moving in the direction I have been hoping to maintain.

My lessons of the day:
  • I was more relaxed because I recognized that people are receiving some value from being a part of the group. This was one of my goals, and it's been met.
  • I was worried about the MLM'ers... and I learned that, individually, they are different (duh!) and have nothing to be afraid of here. Some will stay to enjoy that same value. Others won't return. (true story)
  • Managing time for six people needs more deliberate structure during the meeting. Four, not so much.
  • The group thrives on clear start and finish times. Respect the start time, and finish on time. People won't vanish, but the discussion will take a turn to the more casual.

I spoke more this time than I had done during the prior meetings. It was finally time for me to open up. When I did, I received a wealth of tremendous feedback. I hope I can do proper justice to the helpful tips and information I received from the others in the group. I plan to come back next week with a good report about my personal progress, and it will be based on the new insights offered to me. Opening myself to suggestions from the group led to a good exchange.

I think it was a great opportunity @Drive2Riches. We all got a chance to see the potential of ideas and offer critical thoughts on each step of the process. Very invigorating. I had misconceptions of rigid structure and while an outline may be good to start, it shouldn't dictate the flow at which conversations will head.

I look forward to more. Accountability!

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
Start a weekly meetup at the tree in front of the Economics Building, in the park next to campus. Start printing ad's and posts, flyers.
@The-J What got me going was from reading the Gary Halbert stuff directed to me from the TMF forum threads. I read that, and the catchy phrases flowed right into the meetup descriptions. Campus is great for flyers and posters. Set something up for two weeks from now. Hand out flyers now, and then again two days before your meeting. Find spots for posters/flyers to hang in the common areas and dorms.

I'm considering doing something like this for university students, but finding people who are truly motivated will be difficult. I've mentioned the Fastlane Toronto meetup to a few of em but it doesn't seem like any will come. I'll follow this and see what oyu come up with.

Ease up on the negative vibes and limiting words, in both your thinking and your writing.

Reading some of that Halbert stuff will generate a good mindset for you.

"Come visit the free speech area on Thursday next week for your mind to be BLOWN. Join one of the BEST MEETINGS ON CAMPUS. Be among the FIRST to experience the AMAZING and PRACTICAL concepts for choosing a DIRECTION for your LIFE."
There. I just wrote your flyer.

I would be very interested to hear what happens at your meeting. I believe that you are in an environment where people will dive into the book once you're ready to show them where you get some of your ideas. Remember MJ's old avatar? You Must Unlearn... Really not a problem for them. Everything is new.

~

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I've already spoken to/met most of the people who are planning to come to the meetup, so I'm not too worried about messing up. It's basically just a hangout with friends from the area who also happen to be doing business and want to learn from each other.

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
I've already spoken to/met most of the people who are planning to come to the meetup, so I'm not too worried about messing up. It's basically just a hangout with friends from the area who also happen to be doing business and want to learn from each other.

@The-J This is very good news. But if being "just a hangout with friends" is your premise, then you might need to be cautious about the encroachment of casualness and mediocrity. If this is YOUR way to perpetuate the Fastlane Mindset, then keep it on YOUR terms.

I occasionally attend an IT group, and everyone there knows that we are all going for drinks and pizza after the event ends. But during the meeting it's where professional minds collaborate. Maybe you can organize a complement to your big Fastlane Meetup right after you have finished, to do all your socializing.

Be careful of your friends who haven't read the book yet or been on this forum. Remember, that to THEM you are a FRIEND FIRST, and doing business is only secondary. Again, maintain CONTROL and keep things moving in the right direction for YOU.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
If this is YOUR way to perpetuate the Fastlane Mindset, then keep it on YOUR terms.

No, it's a Fastlaner meetup. As in, people from the forum. I don't think anyone will have any problem with 'mediocrity' ;) We're all out to learn and teach, sharing our experiences. That's how the bigger meetups go: it's like a meeting of friends who all happen to do business. I was hoping that seeing such awesome minds in action would maybe spur them to do something of their own.

I've had the idea of starting a 'Fastlane Entrepreneur' group at my school that meets weekly. We already have entrepreneur groups, but those are for people looking to work for and start tech startups or nonprofits. My idea is to start something that focuses on giving value first and foremost using the ideas from MJ's book, so more and more university students could learn how to start businesses with little capital (I started my business with $0!) I just don't know where to start. I think I should focus on my business first, get it to the point where it's making MORE than a living and making a steady income not based off my time.

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
This week's meetup was the best one so far!

(Again, a humbling experience.)

My nervousness from the first few meetings had created an element of caution and control in me. But as I have become more relaxed and confident, I've become more casual, and now I am not sure just how structured I want the meeting to be. There were mostly new people attending this time around. So I had an opportunity to re-introduce myself and the reason I began the Meetup over a month ago. People were quite receptive to hearing about what I learned from the book, as I admitted that it was what changed my mindset and got me thinking about how it's possible to work hard now so I can work less later -- sooner than later.

This Week's Meetup - Lessons Learned:
  • Pass the book around (TMF).
  • Refer to an aspect of the Fastlane Mindset whenever possible.
  • Listen for an opportunity to push the Fastlane Mindset
  • Be sure to say where the good ideas come from (TMF!)

What I'm doing now is TEACHING elements of the Fastlane Mindset.

I'm thinking of creating a separate meeting for those of us who have read the book. ( ;) @kamanuci )

Hang in there. Eventually the Fastlane Mindset community will converge upon your Meetup.

~

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
I decided to share with the people I met so far at this new Meetup what prompted me to start it, and how I was driven to take action.

My "private list" email to them went like this:

Hello my friends!

If you are reading this, then you are among the treasured few who have joined me at my nearly-weekly ENTREPRENEURSHIP Meetup.

I always get asked why I started the meetup, and what prompted me to do so. The answer is simply that I found this website, read this article and subsequently bought this book...

http://www.fastlaneentrepreneurs.com/
http://www.themillionairefastlane.com/11-poverty-traps.php
http://www.themillionairefastlane.com/

The following article prompted me to join the Forum community, and also drove me to take action to create the Entrepreneurship-for-Action Meetup where you and I finally met.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...our-life-in-30-days-or-less-guaranteed.50600/

What I discovered in the forum was a treasury of ideas and mindset-altering concepts.

I began reading all of these threads from this forum (in no particular order) :

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/the-astonishing-secrets-that-zen*******-never-told-you…exposed.50097/

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/golden-nuggets-tips-processes-how-tos.35110/

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-money-no-idea-no-education-no-problem.52285/

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/diary-of-opening-a-new-business.29468/

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/jasons-how-to-build-wealth-golden-nuggets.52268/

... which led me to these, as well:

http://foreverjobless.com/ev-millionaires-math/

http://www.digitalmarketer.com/customer-value-optimization/

I am not "selling" anything... I am just sincere in my desire to serve people with the wealth of information that I have found to be beneficial for myself. I am compelled to share it!

I would like to extend my humble thanks to you for joining me for at least one of the Meetups held since August 2014. Thank you for being part of my new community, where I can speak a language that people can all understand. I hope these links will provide you with enough information to shock your entrepreneurial spirit into overdrive, as it has done for me.

I am looking forward to hearing about your personal experiences and backgrounds at the next Fastlane Meetup.

Warmly,
Your humble Fastlane Meetup organizer,
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads