The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 2015 Fastlane Meetup Pre-Plan Discussion (formerly B&P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
With so many amazing people on here, full of so much knowledge and experience - it's gonna be hard to top the level of some of these.
What would you guys like to see me do a presentation on?
  1. Sales: Why your conversion rate sucks and what you can do to change it
  2. Product development: Taking an idea from garage prototype - to mass market production
  3. Product development: Taking a (healthy, not shady) slice of the massive supplements market pie
  4. Marketing / PR: What I did to raise $123,000 on Kickstarter
  5. Ecommerce: What affiliates want, how they can really increase your earnings, and why you should care
Other things I could talk about are Amazon / FBA stuff, getting the most out of paid traffic (Adwords, Facebook, media buys), or - what you should know to increase your sales with professional looking label and packaging design (and no you don't have to become an artist/designer - just understand what you should be telling your designer to do / not to do from a business perspective).

2 as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
With so many amazing people on here, full of so much knowledge and experience - it's gonna be hard to top the level of some of these.
What would you guys like to see me do a presentation on?
  1. Sales: Why your conversion rate sucks and what you can do to change it
  2. Product development: Taking an idea from garage prototype - to mass market production
  3. Product development: Taking a (healthy, not shady) slice of the massive supplements market pie
  4. Marketing / PR: What I did to raise $123,000 on Kickstarter
  5. Ecommerce: What affiliates want, how they can really increase your earnings, and why you should care
Other things I could talk about are Amazon / FBA stuff, getting the most out of paid traffic (Adwords, Facebook, media buys), or - what you should know to increase your sales with professional looking label and packaging design (and no you don't have to become an artist/designer - just understand what you should be telling your designer to do / not to do from a business perspective).

Personally, #3 and #4

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Put some more thought to my topic. Something that has helped me grow a LOT in the past few months.

How NLP Rewired My Brain, allowed me to quit my job, have rapid progress on my business, and change every aspect of my life for the better.

Change is instant. If I can do it, you can do it too.

I took a beginner-level NLP training course In May 2014. Before then, I was often on my computer daydreaming about a successful business, sleeping most of the time after being tired from a job that I didn’t like, full of limiting beliefs and excuses, pushing away friends, lacked the confidence when talking to others, and was unhappy with life in general, I pushed away anyone who didn’t support my beliefs.

Oh, and this point, I had a full time passive income for a few months.

I thought making money changes everything.

It didn’t.

I feel like I’m nowhere near an expert at this stuff, but in less than four months, and mostly in the last two months, I was able to:

· Lose any fear about quitting my job.

· I wrote a 200-page book and got 500 readers in one week…with raving reviews.

· I went from an idea to my first sale in less than 7 days’ work.

· Overcame 80% of social my anxiety.

· Stopped procrastinating, and taking constant action NOW.

· I found the secret to getting mentored by anybody, regardless of how much more money they make than me.

· And I failed a lot, but I redefined failure so even when I fail…I experience success.

Everything that was ever wrong in my life was a limiting belief in my mind.

Once I started this process, it has been an upward spiral of success where I can fix limiting beliefs almost immediately.

I can share my process with you.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
Put some more thought to my topic. Something that has helped me grow a LOT in the past few months.
How NLP Rewired My Brain, allowed me to quit my job, have rapid progress on my business, and change every aspect of my life for the better.
I took a beginner-level NLP training course In May 2014. Before then, I was often on my computer daydreaming about a successful business, sleeping most of the time after being tired from a job that I didn’t like, full of limiting beliefs and excuses, pushing away friends, lacked the confidence when talking to others, and was unhappy with life in general, I pushed away anyone who didn’t support my beliefs.
It didn’t.
I feel like I’m nowhere near an expert at this stuff, but in less than four months, and mostly in the last two months, I was able to:
· I found the secret to getting mentored by anybody, regardless of how much more money they make than me.
· And I failed a lot, but I redefined failure so even when I fail…I experience success.
Once I started this process, it has been an upward spiral of success where I can fix limiting beliefs almost immediately.

@AndrewNC

If for what ever reason you end up not speaking about this, I'd love to talk to you more about this outside of presentations.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

It didn’t.

Anything is possible once you lose your mental blocks.

The Marine Corps does it by forcing you to overcome ridiculous obstacles (physical and mental), which is why most Marines are cocky bastards.

You, sir, have managed to do it on your own. I can't wait to meet you.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Proposal submitted via. email.

1. Guerilla marketing and free PR
or

2. The OODA Loop
or

3. The Licensing Game

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
So many good topics...you guys should just do like 3 hour presentations lol

Mine was
Playing From a Position of Power

How To Sell Anything

Positioning your company for success / How to compete in a crowded space

Applying 80/20 to Your Sales Model

What’s it worth? (how to price better)

I can probably cover all those in the allotted time

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

or

2. The OODA Loop
or

3. The Licensing Game
I'm a HUGE advocate of OODA loops in decision making. I train residents and medical students that the successful ER physician has the ability to rapidly progress through the loop, whereas unsuccessful ones get stuck in observe or orientation.

Edit: having said that, 1>2>3

Last edited:

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
or
2. The OODA Loop
or
3. The Licensing Game

Voting for #3 here, with #2 a close second

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Whoa. This blew up. I don't have much to offer in the "do this" column, but I can definitely speak about what not to do. The last few months have taught me a thousand lessons in what not to do.

If there's room, I'm in.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I'm a real big fan of the notion of seeing who is presenting what before buying time opens. I'll be watching this thread with some interest.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Whoa. This blew up. I don't have much to offer in the "do this" column, but I can definitely speak about what not to do. The last few months have taught me a thousand lessons in what not to do.

If there's room, I'm in.

Let me know if you need an hour of my time next week. You've earned my respect... And if I can help you think through anything let me know.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
Yep, it has blown up.

Can't wait to be speaking next to you guys.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Let me know if you need an hour of my time next week. You've earned my respect... And if I can help you think through anything let me know.

I will take you up on this offer. If I remember you dont accept PM's, so maybe message me so we don't derail this thread?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So to clarify for those interested in speaking, we are "competing" for one of 12-15 available speaking slots?

This was not our intent. Our original purpose is to be able to pick the topics that have the most value for the attendees, and to advertise them prior to ticket sales so people have insight to what they will be hearing. I guess if more than 15 come in, we will have to pick. It also ensures there are no surprises or topics that might be relevant for 3 and irrelevant for 47.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
It also ensures there are no surprises or topics that might be relevant for 3 and irrelevant for 47.

There are not a lot of real estate people on the forums. Should I just bow out now?

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Seems like more than 50 people are serious about joining this.

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012

MJ said:

If there is demand, we might be able to swing 100. However after seeing these events go off for the last 7 years, you typically have 1,000 people say "I'm IN!" or "I'm there!" and when it comes down to buying tickets, airfare, hotels, etc, only 50 people go. Saying "I'm in!" is an event. Buying the ticket, preparing, etc, -- that's the process.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Just keep in mind over 100 people every year express huge interest in attending but only so many actually make the ticket purchase. Even a few of those ticket purchasers will back out.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
This was not our intent. Our original purpose is to be able to pick the topics that have the most value for the attendees, and to advertise them prior to ticket sales so people have insight to what they will be hearing. I guess if more than 15 come in, we will have to pick. It also ensures there are no surprises or topics that might be relevant for 3 and irrelevant for 47.

Ideas for presentations: (we are absolutely open to ideas & suggestions)
Marketing/PR
QVC/HSN insight
Franchising
Mobile apps
Amazon -general
Amazon -FBA
Asset protection/minimizing liability/exposure
Crowdfunding/Kickstarter insight
Products/manufacturing
Importing
Paid Traffic/media buying
Social Media -insight
eBooks/Publishing world
SaaS/SaaP
Personal Development/mindset
eCommerce
Copywriting

Ok, so topic-wise, my top 3 clusters would probably be:

~ ecommerce/ FBA/ product sourcing and creation

~ marketing/ PR/ paid traffic/ (social)

~ real estate/ asset preservation/ tax planning

Maybe some topic panels and panelists where appropriate, because we benefit from hearing about everything.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Maybe some topic panels and panelists where appropriate, because we benefit from hearing about everything.

I really like this idea.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Ok, so topic-wise, my top 3 clusters would probably be:

~ ecommerce/ FBA/ product sourcing and creation

~ marketing/ PR/ paid traffic/ (social)

~ real estate/ asset preservation/ tax planning

I like the idea of an eCommerce panel, and a paid traffic/social media advertising panel. With a moderator from within that group.

By the way, by definition, not every attendee will be presenting. Don't feel like you have to come up with something.

The Q&A session for a panel of Fast Lane experts could be excellent.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Funny, I almost suggested the idea of a panel earlier too.
I was gonna say - if I was to do a presentation on Amazon for instance, it would make more sense to have it as a panel along with others like, for instance @1step @biophase and @AllenCrawley (just an example, I know there are several others here too who could be just as well qualified).

Because I think for certain 'big' topics, we have several people that each on their own could bring a lot to the table if an individual presentation. However, it would be silly to have 4-5 presentations on the same exact topic. So in those cases, a panel / team-presentation would make more sense. Maybe set aside 60-90 mins if need be (since instead of each person taking up 45, a panel of 2-3 people could utilize that time better. They could also plan the panel presentation together ahead of time.

Just my 2 cents.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I was gonna say - if I was to do a presentation on Amazon for instance, it would make more sense to have it as a panel along with others like, for instance @1step @biophase and @AllenCrawley (just an example, I know there are several others here too who could be just as well qualified).

Because I think for certain 'big' topics, we have several people that each on their own could bring a lot to the table if an individual presentation. However, it would be silly to have 4-5 presentations on the same exact topic. So in those cases, a panel / team-presentation would make more sense. Maybe set aside 60-90 mins if need be (since instead of each person taking up 45, a panel of 2-3 people could utilize that time better. They could also plan the panel presentation together ahead of time.

Just my 2 cents.

Brilliant

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014

Just my 2 cents.
A most excellent idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads