The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Financial Literacy Books?

For any book discussion

DanskTardis

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 19, 2014
Hey everyone!
New to the forum, just finished TMF , life-changing to say the least. Ever since I was 13 I dreaded the 9-5 lifestyle and wanted to be the captain of my own ship. TMF reinforced this idea and clarified many obstacles a long the path.
I remember in the book him saying about one of the biggest challenges is not being financially literate. I have tried searching the forums but I have found scattered resources on how to become financially literate. I am looking for almost like a basic guide from beginner-to-advance on financial literacy, specifically in book format would be amazing.
Does anyone (specifically MJ :) ) have specific literature that could enlighten us? I know MJ had a thread about creating a financial literacy book...but I am impatient to get going on the FastLane :)
Thanks everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A lot of people recommend Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover.

Mind you, I haven't read this book and its sure to be loaded with a lot of "Slowlane" material.

DanskTardis

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 19, 2014
Appreciate the prompt response, MJ!
I just had one more question (that I am currently struggling with my startup). Do you have any options for marketing your own local area? I am not sure whether or not to invest into local newspapers, buy a rear-window decal for my vehicle, or create flyers. I am involved with health consulting if that helps :) Thanks!

Anyone else have any book suggestions that have helped them become more literate financially?

SCC

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Aug 25, 2013
New Zealand
A lot of people recommend Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover.

Mind you, I haven't read this book and its sure to be loaded with a lot of "Slowlane" material.
Well, I found that the book has a review on a site called "getrichslowly" so yeah you are probably right. Funny how a domain name has so much worth! just by reading the domain name I did not even bother to click on the link.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0761147489/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Although it really isn't about getting rich through fastlane means, it gets you on a great path to financial literacy. I enjoyed it myself, and although I don't see us getting rich off of 401(k)s, it'll still explain everything quite well so you know what everything entails. Personally, I enjoyed the bit on budgeting a lot.

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
Hey everyone!
New to the forum, just finished TMF , life-changing to say the least. Ever since I was 13 I dreaded the 9-5 lifestyle and wanted to be the captain of my own ship. TMF reinforced this idea and clarified many obstacles a long the path.
I remember in the book him saying about one of the biggest challenges is not being financially literate. I have tried searching the forums but I have found scattered resources on how to become financially literate. I am looking for almost like a basic guide from beginner-to-advance on financial literacy, specifically in book format would be amazing.
Does anyone (specifically MJ :) ) have specific literature that could enlighten us? I know MJ had a thread about creating a financial literacy book...but I am impatient to get going on the FastLane :)
Thanks everyone!

The answer on your question is not easy. If you just want to cover some basics, any university book regarding the money management in micro and macro wcale will enough. The problem is, the deeper you go, the more topics have to be covered and understand. If you want to start, i highly reccomend you to find the books about microeconomy and macroeconomy. This will give you basics what money is and how it is distributed. Than some book on money management in companies, this will give you a basic understanding of what financial literacy consists of. Later on and deeper... Well... It's hell amount of knowledge.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.