The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Store Opening: Where to go with the products?

Malika

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 16, 2014
UK
Hello this is my first question here at fastlane and I hope you have any interest for that!

I'm Malika and currently working in retail. But now I want to start a new business with my own fashion store and production.

Everything is still in the starting blocks.
I also have found a business partner, we work much more better and efficient in a team!

Now we are searching for a production hall for our logistics center in which my designed clothes are placed and other products like accessiores.

It can be a smaller one because it's the starting phase.

Yesterday me & business partner were on research to find a suitable hall, which fits in prize & size. On that site there seem to be quite good halls. About the price we still have to inform us a bit more...

Here's a pic: http://www.r-zs.com/fileadmin/Bilde..._Industrie_Produktion/Logistikhallen/6141.png
It is more kind of a tent but for the start it would fit in our business.

What do you think of it? Is it suitable for an almost starting business?

All the Best from Malika & partner!
For answers I would be very thankful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
Hello this is my first question here at fastlane and I hope you have any interest for that!

I'm Malika and currently working in retail. But now I want to start a new business with my own fashion store and production.

Everything is still in the starting blocks.
I also have found a business partner, we work much more better and efficient in a team!

Now we are searching for a production hall for our logistics center in which my designed clothes are placed and other products like accessiores.

It can be a smaller one because it's the starting phase.

Yesterday me & business partner were on research to find a suitable hall, which fits in prize & size. On that site there seem to be quite good halls. About the price we still have to inform us a bit more...

Here's a pic: http://www.r-zs.com/fileadmin/Bilde..._Industrie_Produktion/Logistikhallen/6141.png
It is more kind of a tent but for the start it would fit in our business.

What do you think of it? Is it suitable for an almost starting business?

All the Best from Malika & partner!
For answers I would be very thankful.

Hey Malika,

Congrats on taking some action towards your dream of having a clothing company

To answer your question

I would NOT pursue that avenue until you have some sales

There's nothing wrong with designing your clothes from home, people have built VERY large companies from their garages

Have you tested the market?

Its important not too invest too much into an idea that hasnt been tested

Try making a small quantity and selling it online/to your friends

If you have some initial success, reinvest into the business & work your way up

Eventually you can worry about the warehouse

Malika

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 16, 2014
UK
Hey Malika,

Congrats on taking some action towards your dream of having a clothing company

To answer your question

I would NOT pursue that avenue until you have some sales

There's nothing wrong with designing your clothes from home, people have built VERY large companies from their garages

Have you tested the market?

Its important not too invest too much into an idea that hasnt been tested

Try making a small quantity and selling it online/to your friends

If you have some initial success, reinvest into the business & work your way up

Eventually you can worry about the warehouse

Thank you for the answer, you're right. Me and my partner were probably too rash and wanted it to be "the perfect start" - but haven't tested the market not for that long to say it's a safe income...

I guess we have to search for a better alternative where to store the products. At the moment I'm designing and producing everything at home but my private space goes to the end!

However thanks for you're advice, we will test the market and try to get (potential) customers ;)

Best wishes, Malika & partner

Bunny Huddy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 11, 2014
I am now working onto publishing a new online store for my business. I already have a store on etsy and now found an Etsy alternative [link removed by mod].

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Circles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jul 1, 2014
Santa Clara
I'm kinda in the same position you are. My store is opening pretty soon.

Things that I did before and during the process of opening my store.

1) Did research myself to understand the market for my products (competition, pricing and availability in my target region).
1A) After doing this I decided to "hit the Go button".
2) Afterwards, I narrowed my product lines based on feedback from my two potential sales employees. The work was free, since these two
sales employees believed in the products that I was selling and I would hire them once the store opened. Even after, they wouldn't have
a salary but would be working on 5% commission only.

Good luck on your Venture

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.