The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating an internet website finder

rayguy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 15, 2014
Thanks for your feedback we are continuing development on our site and we will post back with an update soon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Are you going to crawl every site and list them...or just sites people submit? I hope you have the bandwidth resources to be able to do this because it sounds very expensive

rayguy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 15, 2014
Thanks for your feedback we are continuing development on our site and we will post back with an update soon.

Last edited:

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
I guess i'm missing the need for something like this

How is it different from other directories like dmoz?

Also how do you plan on driving traffic?

rayguy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 15, 2014
I guess i'm missing the need for something like this

How is it different from other directories like dmoz?

Also how do you plan on driving traffic?

Well take a look at dmoz it looks like very outdated and not innovating for many years. We are implementing location, Alphabetical, Category and many social media features including latest search technology.

As for traffic, same as any other business marketing, advertising and building partnerships. We hope to sponsor fastlaneforums first.

rayguy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 15, 2014
Have you ever been to a website using google and 2 days later make the same exact search and website is gone completely? then spend 2-3 hours trying to find it? we are trying to create a phone book for websites so you can come and go alphabetical and narrow down to category, location and find the site.

Ronnie

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 18, 2013
New York
findelio.com, Yahoo! Directory, Moo-directory, dmegs.com

Just a few that already exist..

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
Have you ever been to a website using google and 2 days later make the same exact search and website is gone completely? then spend 2-3 hours trying to find it? we are trying to create a phone book for websites so you can come and go alphabetical and narrow down to category, location and find the site.

So...I'm not sure if I'm your target, but I'm going to have to say "no" to that question.

Not sure about anyone else, but when I need to remember a site, I go to Google, type in keywords I remember about the site or the content, and then I find it 95% of the time in under 5 minutes.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
No, I look in my browser history and find it in 2-3 minutes.

mgore714

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 3, 2012
No, I look in my browser history and find it in 2-3 minutes.

This. I don't see the need for your site. Your value proposition is - here's a 100 sites that are in your desired niche and they're in alphabetical order! Google's value proposition is: here's the best site on the internet according to our algorithms which we're constantly changing to give you the info you want. I'd go with Google every time.

And to paraphrase a Quora article I read recently: don't compete with Google, think of a way to disrupt it. If you compete you'll never win.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Well the problem is that you don't know the name of the website so how do you find it using your website? I type in the same search in your website and how do I know which website it is?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I just email the link to myself.

rayguy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 15, 2014
I just email the link to myself.
We want to set up a "save your link" option that people can use to book mark their favorite websites and saved in our database. That way if you are away from your pc you will still have access to your favorite sites.

rayguy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 15, 2014
This. I don't see the need for your site. Your value proposition is - here's a 100 sites that are in your desired niche and they're in alphabetical order! Google's value proposition is: here's the best site on the internet according to our algorithms which we're constantly changing to give you the info you want. I'd go with Google every time.

And to paraphrase a Quora article I read recently: don't compete with Google, think of a way to disrupt it. If you compete you'll never win.
If google CEO thought like you, we wouldn't have google today when yahoo was already successful. I appreciate the feedback.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
If google CEO thought like you, we wouldn't have google today when yahoo was already successful. I appreciate the feedback.

Looks like you're just fighting an ego battle. You ask for opinions, people here don't like it, you then want to change their opinions. doesn't work.
And quite frankly the idea/site doesn't seem too appealing to me either.
But good luck, go prove us all wrong.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I just don't understand why your site is better than a standard search engine?

Why does it being in alphabetical order matter?
Why does the location of the website matter? All I see is the hosting server location. How relevant is that to most people?
I like the facebook likes part.
What is DMOZ traffic like? They stopped taking submissions years ago. Do they try to make money?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
So you don't like the feedback you're getting you then edit your OP.

rayguy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 15, 2014
So you don't like the feedback you're getting you then edit your OP.
Yea I decided to spend some more time on R&D I understand everyone's comments and suggestions will be back in few months with an update.

Thanks again to all for your honesty.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.