The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Customer gets a discount on product (coupon) if share?

Marketing, social media, advertising

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
I see on different websites ways that when you either visit a page on an ecommerce site or add a product to the cart you are given a link to click that says either tweet about us or like us on facebook to receive a 10% off coupon.

Anyone know any service out there than could manage something like that? Only thing I found was a crappy woocommerce plugin that had horrible reviews.

wondering also about any cart retention tools you use

thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CreateLiving

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 27, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
All tweets and FB posts have a specific ID, I would have the user submit the tweet or post "id" as proof. You could write a piece of code that checks that specific post for the content keywords you required to be shared. That would be the most easily verifiable method I can think of. Best of luck to you!

garysvpa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jul 23, 2014
All tweets and FB posts have a specific ID, I would have the user submit the tweet or post "id" as proof. You could write a piece of code that checks that specific post for the content keywords you required to be shared. That would be the most easily verifiable method I can think of. Best of luck to you!

Great suggestion!

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
Try www.gleam.io

You can ask a customer to do something in exchange for something.

Integrates not only with FB, Twitter but also Soundcloud, Youtube, Instagram etc...

For example you could get someone to watch a video or subscribe to your YT channel in exchange for the coupon. Or perhaps ask someone to sign up to your mailing list for 5% but if they also sub to your Instagram account they get 10% etc etc... very powerful!

BTW - be aware that FB pretty much called it a day on likes in exchange for an action. So be careful with that one : http://www.jonloomer.com/2014/08/11/facebook-like-gating/

You must not incentivize people to use social plugins or to like a Page. This includes offering rewards, or gating apps or app content based on whether or not a person has liked a Page. It remains acceptable to incentivize people to login to your app, checkin at a place or enter a promotion on your app’s Page.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.