The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Is Your Dream Business?

qvantage

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Nov 22, 2013
I want to own world best software development company.
I want to build a Beautiful city of animals and nature.
I want to build a big city for poor peoples.

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
I will own a machine shop that is prepared for welding, large-scale 3D-printing, and composite work. I will design and assemble bulletproof, blueprinted engines for that are made to perform and outlast (for clients and myself), ideally for a car or motorcycle of my own creation. In addition, I will open my doors to entrepreneurs and enthusiasts young and old to give them the opportunity to create. I worked in a machine shop for the first time last year and was hooked. My mentor had an open-door policy for new students, shared his knowledge with us, and it was one of the most rewarding and memorable experiences for me; I'd like to pay it forward.

Mexidan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Mar 28, 2012
My end goal is running my own venture capital / private equity fund, including taking on an active role in some companies. For me this combines all elements I wish for my life.. new interesting people and concepts every day, creating value, making money, having an impact, being free, working everywhere in the world, etc.

This. Exactly this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I want to be home. I want my wife home. So we can enjoy each other and our son more. I want my parents debt taken care of. I want roofs over our heads and maybe a nice trip once a year or two. I don't want to choose between the light-bill or food. I want comfort, safety, control. I want to help others. I want to inspire. I want to teach.

This pretty much describes my life, minus the wife and kid. :cool:

entrepreneurs don't retire they love business.

Yea, "retirement" is a misnomer. You can do something for a month or two, travel, play Yahtzee, do nothing and then you find yourself returning to the challenge of doing something new. A life without meaning can feel empty.

Fujin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 30, 2014
Ukraine
The businesses I'm running now are targeted to generate passive income and to grow my wealth helping people in different ways. But what I dream about and plan to bring to live is winery. I want to become one of the of the best wine makers in my country (Ukraine). That's for soul.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
My dream business would be a robotics tech company specializing in providing robots to care for and make life easier for the elderly/disabled.

Ronnie

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 18, 2013
New York
Build and implement very affordable entrepreneur/business schools for inner city students. Sorta like incubators combined with business school. In order to change a culture, it starts with it's youth.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Good questions and responses !

Retirement ? No way. But... I do want to work on my own terms like @MJ DeMarco described. I have children, family and friends that I want to spend a lot more time with and use my money to help all of them.

Besides...we don't know when the real 'End game' will come. It might come right after I click 'Post Reply' :nailbiting:

No dream business. However...with my current project, I'm looking into Licensing. That may be a good fit for me because I don't like doing the same thing too long. I get really good at something then I get bored and want to learn/do something else. Challenges drive me.

I've often thought I'd like a teaching gig...maybe at a University...paid or not, doesn't matter. Teach real world business. Make a difference.

Alzheimer's. My Mother has this and I will help raise money any way I can.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
I would just like to tour the world and live on more than decent hotels. I mean, maybe live on hotels for a year or so.

But if I retired with a lot of money I have two goals:

Start up a store chain for groceries with food that are completely without any c*ap. And I mean. Nothing of that c*ap that are put in to the food now days to give us cancer and bad health.

I'm buying sallads a lot and I've noticed they put preservatives and other stuff in it. If I had my say, it would be none of that and everything would be fresh.

This could probably save a few million lives a year over time, worldwide.

The other idea/venture. Is quite a big idea. It's to make cars and electronics so they could be run on just air like human beings and animals and so on. They take in the air and then breath it out like us humans. But that process is still a technology thing. At least in my mind.

I'm not thinking I could implant a heart or lungs or something like that in to a car or mobile phone.

Just so you guys know. I don't think I can innovate this. I would spend money on other people and get groups of people to work together to maybe get this innovated.

That was all I had.

Last edited:

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
My dream business is one where I have built a system of systems that my team runs. This means that I can come in and oversea that my vision and strategy are being implemented and implement changes where necessary. This system should be mostly autonomous and provide value to everyone involved--from the customers to the employees to outside parties that we effect.

It's definitely not my current business. I will keep looking for that need where I can provide value.

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
My dream business would be a business where I can appoint people to run everything, so I can spend my time doing other things without being too invested in the company. It'd be a business that doesn't take themselves too seriously, while still providing amazing value to everyone.

My "retirement plan" is:

1. Building up a sizeable RE portfolio (Just something I've always wanted to do).
2. Start a company that creates affordable educational technology so that children anywhere in the world have great resources.
3. Start another company that creates affordable agricultural technology.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I want to write.

I want to be the best.

I want to build. Every day. Until I am dead.

I want to take everything I am and use it to leave the world better off than when I got here.

MickeyZen

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Sep 5, 2014
Retire my family (ma and pa) and me.
Move out into a nice rural area, build a self sufficient house, and enjoy the scenery of nature.
I have plans to build holistic health centers around the globe, and have them serve as retreats so that people can go there and regenerate their health and spirit.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
Dream Bigger: Create a space-exploration company. I would first want to create a system that neutralizes environment and creates an earth-like atmosphere. Whilst this is happening, I would like to discover how to accelerate the process as it takes 10 years minimum from basic research I have conducted. Furthermore, I would like to extend the navigation "travel-speed" process. IE. going faster Speed of light status.

Once I have traveling speeds faster, an atmosphere that is developing, I will begin constructing green farms and developing infrastructure. Eventually 10-15 years later I want to send colonies up there. I want there to be engineers, scientists, and a lot of blue collar workers that work hard. I will decide who goes based on aptitude test, personal interview, and physical interview.

I think that would be a cool dream/accomplishments.

JulianCarax

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2014
Germany
I would just like to tour the world and live on more than decent hotels. I mean, maybe live on hotels for a year or so.

But if I retired with a lot of money I have two goals:

Start up a store chain for groceries with food that are completely without any c*ap. And I mean. Nothing of that c*ap that are put in to the food now days to give us cancer and bad health.

I'm buying sallads a lot and I've noticed they put preservatives and other stuff in it. If I had my say, it would be none of that and everything would be fresh.

This could save a few million lives a year over time, worldwide.

The other idea/venture. Is quite a big idea. It's to make cars and electronics so they could be run on just air like human beings and animals and so on. They take in the air and then breath it out like us humans. But that process is still a technology thing. At least in my mind.

I'm not thinking I could implant a heart or lungs or something like that in to a car or mobile phone.

Just so you guys know. I don't think I can innovate this. I would spend money on other people and get groups of people to work together to maybe get this innovated.

That was all I had.

This sounds awesome!

+

Making cities a place for the people again. And not for cars. There's a great documentary about this aspect and how it enhances our lifestyle if the purpose of city planning is to serve humans. It's called "The Human Scale". Don't know yet how to make a profitable business out of this.

Phantom309

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 23, 2010
Panama City,FL
My biggest goal right now it make enough to quit my job and move back to the country where I never have to hear another fighter jet take off again. My other goals is to buy mom her house to get my jackass ex-step-father out of her life for good and to pay off my mother-in-laws house so she can have peaceful retirement.

As for the kids and grand-kids I want to teach them how to do it and see them fly on their own.

Before all that I just have to take the steps to get there.

joocenasty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 30, 2013
This sounds awesome!

+

Making cities a place for the people again. And not for cars. There's a great documentary about this aspect and how it enhances our lifestyle if the purpose of city planning is to serve humans. It's called "The Human Scale". Don't know yet how to make a profitable business out of this.

Thats exactly what I think about lol, hence improving the metropolitan transportation/walkability/architecture of major cities

joocenasty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 30, 2013
Nothing anyone has mentioned thus far seems out of reach...

whats out of reach for me (as of now) is the ability to do these things whether or not they actually create a substantial amount of income.

I would love to run all of these businesses, if anything for leisure. but is there a substantial need for it? Is it scalable? Will I benefit the market enough to make an impact?

These businesses aren't for profit in my mind, they are to give something to the world that I would love to provide artistically, environmentally, or scientifically , whether or not another contributor is needed.

I need a business now that meets the commandments of the fast lane, that helps many many people, and that I can at least make enough money to stay afloat while I do it.

My most important criteria is that my business benefits people people somehow or someway.

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Good question! Maybe they unplugged for a little while. ;)

I think this place started to suck more than it did provide value for many. The veterans here enjoy helping people (re: provide value) but some take too much and give too little and the incentive to come here gets less and less.

This thread by Vig is pretty great, he's still showing us that our dreams are within reach. Perhaps we should repay his favor by following through with our "dream business" and actually effecting some action?

FiveOone

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 16, 2013
Australia
My dream gig would be bringing meditation to primary school kids or grade schoolers as theyre known in the states and having it implemented as a class.
I think the benefits of starting mindfulness at such a young age would be pretty amazing and imagine the world would look pretty different as a result in a few decades time.

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
I could start right now recording songs, spend 5+ years in "the underground" and mop floors in the meantime trying to stay alive. But I need money, not music. Business first, pleasure and passion later.

So when I make it, I will have my own small recording studio and I will fool around with some friends trying to create something cool.

Last edited:

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
There is no end game - I just want to be able to create whatever I want, period.

Today business

Tomorrow a movie

The next ?

I just want the ability to put my ideas out into the world that hopefully create positivity while enjoying the finer things in life with those closest to me. Also the competitor in me wants to be the best at what I do and it's a little more than just putting my ideas out there...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.