The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Death Expo's

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Ok, so here is the thought. There are wedding expos where you go to a hotel and they have the DJ's, bakers, bands and so on for a wedding. I was thinking about flipping the script. What about a death expo....... ummmm being prepared expo. I can get funeral homes, Tombstone makers, Cemetery reps to pile into a hotel conference room. The biggest hurdle I see is marketing this to the public. How can I get people to the expo.....can I get them to the expo? We all know preparing for our death is important but nobody wants to go through the process.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Ok, so here is the thought. There are wedding expos where you go to a hotel and they have the DJ's, bakers, bands and so on for a wedding. I was thinking about flipping the script. What about a death expo....... ummmm being prepared expo. I can get funeral homes, Tombstone makers, Cemetery reps to pile into a hotel conference room. The biggest hurdle I see is marketing this to the public. How can I get people to the expo.....can I get them to the expo? We all know preparing for our death is important but nobody wants to go through the process.
I like your thinking and don't want to rain on your parade, but...

I used to work in pharma. A company tried to hire docs to do seminars for guys with sexual dysfunction. Went over like a lead zeppelin, er, limp zeppelin. No way in hell guys would attend a public event and raise their hands saying, "Yep. that's me. I can't get it up." I'm afraid your expo would have a similar fate. People don't want to think about death, much less care enough or be bold enough to make the effort to attend a public event. However...

You might create something online. Perhaps an online guide that points people to a one-stop-shop of services. Use an affiliate model, or lead gen model. Maybe JV with estate attorneys, planners, etc.

Just a few thoughts.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Thanks for the input guys. I knew it was an uphill battle but sometimes my head comes up with an idea and it's great to have this forum to focus my thoughts on it. I will think about the website idea, but there are a lot of websites about planning your burial so I need to really look and see what's out there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
The fact that there are other sites is good and bad - bad, because there's competition, but good, because it validates the idea. Can your site/idea provide a value add that others lack? A USP, twist on the formula?

Thanks for the input guys. I knew it was an uphill battle but sometimes my head comes up with an idea and it's great to have this forum to focus my thoughts on it. I will think about the website idea, but there are a lot of websites about planning your burial so I need to really look and see what's out there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.