The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fantasy Football 2014-2015 Season - 1 spot available

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Folks -- We've got a league that we started a few years ago of mostly Fastlane guys, with a few tech industry folks mixed in, and we've had 1 of our regulars from here drop out this season. If you'd like the open spot, please contact me ASAP... I'll send details on how to register and pay your dues.

League Type: Yahoo
Teams: 12 team league
Dues: $80 for the whole season
Draft: 8/31 - 7pm MST

Cheers,

-Hakrjak

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I will mention that I'm in the league as well. My vice. :yawn:

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
I PM'd you. I'd like the last spot if nobody has taken it yet. I won the last 2/3 years in my league back in WI :cool:, which I unfortunately couldn't be in this year because I moved. (In-home auction draft)

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I'll go on the reserve bench if you've already got Jake.

I must say after a few random leagues I've now moved on to either forum-specific or starting my own leagues. The random leagues usually ended up with people blatantly cheating by rigging the draft and/or forcing you to drop players via the admin tool, so they could pick them up.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
In between all the meathead lowball trade offers I receive with idiot messages like "this looks fair", I did get this gem yesterday-

Basically in a 10 team Auction league I stuffed up the QB situation completely getting outbid and was left with the FA pool, went ok with RBs, got Graham as TE and somehow ended up with 10 WRs when the roster size/bench only really accommodates 5-6. Obviously I need to drop or trade some to open spots for a QB/K/Def.

So I wasn't in a position of strength as Jordy Nelson was the best of the receivers then I had 7 of that second tier (Keenan Allen, Roddy White, Cruz, Patterson, Michael Floyd, Torrey Smith, Kendall Wright) and two of the hyped rookies (Cooks, Matthews). Only one guy is actively trading so my attempts to package trade 2-3 of these WR2s for a single WR1 or Rb1 to improve quality over quantity haven't worked.

Then the guy with Stafford/Brady as QBs but not much in the WR category realises he has me over a barrel. The best FA QBs available are Ryan Tannehill and Carson Palmer.

wants-Jordy Nelson and Keenan Allen
offers-Matthew Stafford

"Sure, it is a high price to pay - 2 of your best WR. But you still have good starting WR with Cruz, R. White, Torrey Smith and others. This is an elite QB and like in the NFL, you cant win in the playoffs without a great QB. And this is a top 5 fantasy QB - if anything I am being too generous with this offer. By the way - I wont except 3 lesser players for Stafford as I have too many players on my team already so I can only fit 2 great players. Offer to be withdrawn in 48 hours."

It's like a mini sales letter. It's like a polite way of saying, Dear Friend, you screwed up the draft, I have you with your pants down and now I'm going to take your two best wide receivers because your options are zero.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.