The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jason's How to Build Wealth & Golden Nuggets

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
hey i have another question do you have your manufacturer ship out the items? or do you go and pick them up then ship them out?

Are you kidding me!?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
hey i have another question do you have your manufacturer ship out the items? or do you go and pick them up then ship them out?

I'm done. It's shit like this, and all the copycats that I've spawned that makes me helping people I don't know absolutely worthless. In fact it's damning.

The user who copied me is @Dmitri. I am pursuing legal action with him - let this be a warning to everyone else wanting to copy someone.

I have asked MJ to remove this thread from the forum.

I will no longer be posting here.

rkmalo1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 14, 2012
Chicago
The user who copied me is @Dmitri. I am pursuing legal action with him - let this be a warning to everyone else wanting to copy someone.

I know this thread will be deleted soon but..

Good luck, man! Hope you stick around for general conversation!

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
I know this thread will be deleted soon but..

Good luck, man! Hope you stick around for general conversation!
I don't know if MJ will delete it. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Sorry about your situation @JasonR and good luck.I appreciate all of your time, effort, and advice you have given us on this forum.

z6Evolved

[Danger Zone]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jun 25, 2014
VAB
It's sad that it only takes one greedy SOB to ruin things for everyone. This shit makes me think of the conversation that was going on in the Jordan Belfort thread about how there seems to be a really bad case of "F*ck you, got mine" mindset with a lot of people recently and they don't seem to get anything about the fundementals in MJ's book. They just see "these guys are making money, I'm going to do whatever it takes to make money too". They miss out on the important things - like providing value and not chasing shortcuts or money.

I'm sorry to hear about what's going on @JasonR and I hope you get everything sorted out quickly, and without it impacting your business.

oh well cya!

Really dude?

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Wow, see this why I have yet to start an INSIDERS thread on what I'm currently working on. I don't know if I ever will, honestly.

It's a shame Jason, really good help/knowledge you've shared here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
It's sad that it only takes one greedy SOB to ruin things for everyone. This shit makes me think of the conversation that was going on in the Jordan Belfort thread about how there seems to be a really bad case of "F*ck you, got mine" mindset with a lot of people recently and they don't seem to get anything about the fundementals in MJ's book. They just see "these guys are making money, I'm going to do whatever it takes to make money too". They miss out on the important things - like providing value and not chasing shortcuts or money.

I'm sorry to hear about what's going on @JasonR and I hope you get everything sorted out quickly, and without it impacting your business.

Really dude?
well i am kinda annoyed that my question was taken the wrong way

I only asked because the country his manufacturer was based in

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Wow, see this why I have yet to start an INSIDERS thread on what I'm currently working on. I don't know if I ever will, honestly.

It's a shame Jason, really good help/knowledge you've shared here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
same here, especially on the outside with the threads pulling up in google searches to random people

Bruh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 31, 2013
I'm done. It's shit like this, and all the copycats that I've spawned that makes me helping people I don't know absolutely worthless. In fact it's damning.

Can't blame you man. I would feel the same way. Still, thank you for helping those of us who honestly care.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
oh well cya!

well i am kinda annoyed that my question was taken the wrong way

I only asked because the country his manufacturer was based in

This has to be one of the most disrespectful and tactless shit I've ever read on this forum.

A guy who really went out of his way to share his knowledge with a lot of people, took the time to explain things, even tho some of them were explained before or were very basic questions, someone who not only gave inspirational but also very actionable advice, all while running and growing his business.

Everyone who read Jasons post will attest to the fact that you could really feel the passion he has for business and the excitement (e.g. printer thread) So he's rightfully PISSED off because someone copied his business verbatim (Really hope that guy gets smashed by the law) and decides to stop posting here and all you have to say is "oh well cya" and you're also annoyed that your question was taken the wrong way. Like you are entitled to get input on a question, especially in that kind of situation.

SMH

Wuz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Nov 16, 2013

I understand your decision. It must be really hard and painful seeing someone steal your hard work.

But if you look to this thread, all the value you provide to us are principles, not specific courses of action. One post or another can reveal some compoent of your business but the rest not.

What you gave us here can benefit us in any business, not only in the industry you re in.

I dont believe anyone could copy you with the information from this thread. From your INSIDERS thread i cant pronounce nothing about it, because i dont have access to that.

I just ask you to reconsider your decision. If you decide to take it down i respect , but if you started this thread in the first place is because you want to help people that really appreciate your work and knowledge.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I have tons of respect for people who go out of their way to help others.

Its sad that there are some that would use it against you and screw you.

Hope you do well Jason. Thanks.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

If you pop back in...
Know that Mrs jon and I enjoyed meeting you at B&P. All the best.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Just before I type any of this,
I am not posting this to win anybody back and I know I cannot un do what I have said

Before
I hop off the forum for awhile and head to the gym (wont see the responses to this)

I want to sincerely want to apologize to @JasonR for my remarks earlier

I wish you the best of luck with your current and future ventures

goodbye

Ludde

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 2, 2014
Sweden
@JasonR I would just like to say THANK YOU for all the value you shared.
About the copycats, people can be the best copycats in the world but they will never be able to reach success in its true meaning.
Success demands drive and copycats they don't have that drive, they just want what someone else created.

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
This post is Relevant....

Unfortunately.

"Here’s how you can earn an additional $150,000 on the campaign and make your lawyers fall in love with you....

1. After you’ve gone through the painstaking and quasi-expensive process of creating a compliant presale page that converts, copyright the design of the page via US Copyright Office. It’s easier to have a good copyright attorney do it for you.

2. Register the design via DMCA.

3. Retain a contingency attorney to go after rogue affiliates/advertisers that copy your design. Have each infringer prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

You will will receive an automatic $150,000 in statutory damages + attorney fees from each violator.

If they don’t have money you can slap a lean on them and garnish their wages. That means that after your done suing their a$$ and they get a job at McDonalds, around 40% of their wages will get kicked back to you
icon_wink.gif
"

Via: http://www.directresponse.net/4-easy-tips-on-creating-compliant-presale-pages-that-convert/

Last edited:
G

Grimaldo

@JasonR I want to say you a BIG thank YOU for everything you have taught us. And it's not only about internet marketing but about what you need to BE an entrepreneur. I do really enjoyed reading your post and seeing your evolution and looking forward to do the same as you. We will never forget how you threw your printer out of the balcony.

After Zen if you leave we are going to lose a ton of value. I don't imagine my life without the value that this forum has bring to me, I feel sad for the people coming here after this.

Don't blame the copycat for copying you and don't be angry. It was your responsibility. Just take it as a lesson in your journey and be accountable.

ALL the BEST to YOU MAN! YOU DESERVE IT!

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
Figure out what you SUCK at.
Figure out what you're GOOD at.
Think outside the box a little. Don't let money or lack of that "billion dollar idea" get in your way.

@JasonR, While the biggest lesson in this thread now happens to be about the cheating copycats, I expect that I won't forget some of the GOLD you've given to us all. THANK YOU

I must say that a few of the best parts of this thread were all the HELPFUL links to information outside this forum that people including @JasonR had posted. I was planning to return to this thread to STUDY IT. Maybe I've got to copy some of the text from this thread, just so I have some of that valuable stuff!

If I could please humbly request that the thread be appropriately edited, to preserve it's incredible VALUE. I haven't found anything like it elsewhere. (If not, well that sucks, but it's completely understandable.) I was going to write more... because I wanted to add to the discussion. But now we're down to a wait-and-see.

~D2R

Last edited:

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
In the spirit of giving value, I believe its in the overall best interest to keep this post up.

The copycat has been banned, and again, my attorney is drafting up documents to send to these guys.

I'm not sure how much I'll post here, any more, if at all.

However, I do want what value I have provided to stay up.

Funny thing is, when you ride on someone's coat tails, it's usually short lived.

It's been a pleasure being here, but it's time for me to take a long hiatus.

Thanks for all of the wonderful people I've met on and through this forum.

Thanks @MJ DeMarco for taking care of the issue promptly.

thorn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jun 23, 2013
Pennsylvania
Jason,

Hate to see you go, but I understand. Thank you for everything you have contributed thus far. I also want to let you know that I have found my own inspiration from some of your posts. If you decide not to return, I wish you the best of luck wherever the road takes you.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Just saw this. Shit man, the nerve of people. You were one of my favorite contributors here. I will miss your posts.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Mother F*cking slime bag a**hole. I hope your "business" costs you several hundred thousand dollars in losses and punitive damages. There's a difference between replication, competition, and intellectual property theft.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Mother F*cking slime bag a**hole. I hope your "business" costs you several hundred thousand dollars in losses and punitive damages. There's a difference between replication, competition, and intellectual property theft.
Thanks, I couldn't make myself do that.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The good news is the United States has ways to deal with intellectual property theft even if it crosses over borders. Just a reminder to everyone that just because you use a screen name here doesn't mean you are anonymous, and just because you're not located in the same country doesn't mean that you are unreachable.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Ugh, just thinking about these scumbags brings back bad memories.

These are the type of people who have every BS excuse imaginable. They rationalize unethical behavior to the max. UGH.

This is an outrage. Copycats mean thousands in lost sales. It hurts.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Thanks for sharing all the great knowledge. Honestly for me the real holy grail of info is in the process or how, not the physical "what" . Anybody who wants to know about the "what" is either a sorry-a$$ copycat who is doomed for failure or doesn't get that it has no relevance. I can tell you your story and sharing some of your learning experience has been very valuable in my path forward. Karma has a way of rewarding those who give and serving justice to those who "take" with the wrong intentions! Thanks again my friend!

In the spirit of giving value, I believe its in the overall best interest to keep this post up.

The copycat has been banned, and again, my attorney is drafting up documents to send to these guys.

I'm not sure how much I'll post here, any more, if at all.

However, I do want what value I have provided to stay up.

Funny thing is, when you ride on someone's coat tails, it's usually short lived.

It's been a pleasure being here, but it's time for me to take a long hiatus.

Thanks for all of the wonderful people I've met on and through this forum.

Thanks @MJ DeMarco for taking care of the issue promptly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.