The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A simple question to find out if you are going the right way

Anything related to matters of the mind

Entrepreneur21

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Aug 6, 2014
Denmark
This is my first post here, I find the forum to be bursting with value and wanted to make a contribution, however small it may be. I may help some of you or maybe not, either way I will let the market decide ;)

The title says: "A simple question to find out if you are going the right way"
In this context the right way is not some universally right way but the right way for YOU and who you want to become.

Whenever I find myself unable to make a decision or stuck I ask myself: "Am I being who I am meant to be?"

You see, we all have an image of who we want to be somewhere in our minds, it may not even be consious. All I know is that when I am wasting time on some internet forum instead of reading that book I said I would, the question; "Am I being who I am meant to be?" always works to get me back on track.

It is not just about being a more effective human being but actually expressing your inner core of who you want to be.

So the next time you make a decision try asking yourself: "Am I being who I am meant to be?" is this leading me towards my dreams or away from them?

This is the simple question to determine if you are on the right track.

Hope this will help you guys, thanks for everything so far.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I used to worry about whether I was on the right track all the time. I found out usually I end up where I should be in the moment. Learning what I've chosen to learn whether it's dumb or stupid, or the smart thing. There are times I may get stuck, but really the only way to get unstuck is just keep moving. If you're going around in circles with the same result, that means you're in the same place getting no results.

You either usually go in circles, backwards, or forwards. I tend not to think about it much anymore. I'm always at the right place at the right time. I just show up and evaluate the situation. I keep my focus on learning every day. I usually see the mistakes this way. If you're always learning something, you see the errors and correct them.

bella5

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 21, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I can see how asking this simple question can really help with bigger picture things...but tonight it's helped me with one really small decision. I'm not meant to be going to bed for another two hours, and have some writing left to finish for my website. I'm getting tired (and feeling lazy) so was thinking about going to bed early but headed over to the forum to probably just feel like I'm doing something other than getting off the computer and going to bed.

So, who I want to be is someone who pushes through being tired and feeling lazy and just finishes the job (I do this more often than not, but have felt lazy and slow the past week, maybe burn out, I don't know). No I don't want to be someone who wastes time on a forum for the sake of it.

This gave me the kick up the a** that I need for the night to finish off what I need to do, so thankyou :)

Entrepreneur21

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Aug 6, 2014
Denmark
I can see how asking this simple question can really help with bigger picture things...but tonight it's helped me with one really small decision. I'm not meant to be going to bed for another two hours, and have some writing left to finish for my website. I'm getting tired (and feeling lazy) so was thinking about going to bed early but headed over to the forum to probably just feel like I'm doing something other than getting off the computer and going to bed.

So, who I want to be is someone who pushes through being tired and feeling lazy and just finishes the job (I do this more often than not, but have felt lazy and slow the past week, maybe burn out, I don't know). No I don't want to be someone who wastes time on a forum for the sake of it.

This gave me the kick up the a** that I need for the night to finish off what I need to do, so thankyou :)
Awesome that you could use it Bella, glad to hear that you are pushing through the discomfort and taking action.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I think the better question is "Am I being who I want to be?". Are we really meant to be anything?

Entrepreneur21

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Aug 6, 2014
Denmark
I think the better question is "Am I being who I want to be?". Are we really meant to be anything?
The thing about wants is that they are fleeting. You can want to feel good in the moment, you can choose to eat that chocolate instead of working out. Or like Bella said earlier to go to bed because that is what she wants in the moment, however as Bella did and what I am advocating is looking at the long term. I have a vision for who I want to be as I am sure you do too, this vision of who I feel I am meant to be has nothing to do with what I want in the moment, maybe I am tired or hungry but I am able to override this immediate want, because of my overall vision.

Don't know if that makes sense lol, maybe I am overthinking it but "want" seem to be more event-oriented whereas the "meant to be" part is more of a process.

Anyway appreciate your input SteveO

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
The thing about wants is that they are fleeting.
Wants are not fleeting. Wants are a telling part of who you are. We simply have a different definition of this which is fine.

I just don't believe that we are meant to be anything. We define who we are by what we do. If we are doing what we want, then we are setting that definition.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.