The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you drink instant coffee?

Do you like instant coffee?

• Yes, I love it.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • No, its the worst tasting beverage.

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
Just curious who likes drinking instant coffee, and if you are drinking it because you are in a hurry, dont have a coffee maker, or just prefer the taste. Any brand that you prefer, and why? Not really a big fan, but do like Starbucks instant coffee. Is there any instant coffee that tastes fresh or is that an oxymoron?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
I'm a big fan of Starbucks instant iced coffee! Tastes better than the iced coffee they serve in the store. It's also more convenient and cheaper. Add ice, water, halfnhalf, shake.... Done

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yup I do occasionally when I seek convenience, although I wouldn't say "i love it."

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
As a last resort I will have instant if nothing else available but like to buy roasted beans and grind them as required. Really fussy when it comes to my coffee. Taylors of Harrogate is my choice (maybe not available over the pond) and their strongest is my favourite:

http://taylorscoffee.co.uk/blends/hot-lava-java

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I don't drink it a lot, but coffee is coffee. If it's what's available, I'll drink it.

Kyle Tully

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 13, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I don't drink it a lot, but coffee is coffee.

Blasphemy!

Instant coffee is great if you recently lost your taste buds and want to save money on buying fresh beans. Or if you want to know what toilet water tastes like. I would rather drink tea over instant coffee.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Blasphemy!

Instant coffee is great if you recently lost your taste buds and want to save money on buying fresh beans. Or if you want to know what toilet water tastes like. I would rather drink tea over instant coffee.
Well then, I might have dropped my taste buds on the floor. Can you help me find them?

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Folgers instant coffee in the red box. Its like tea bags. Its solo good! Add extra french vanilla cream. I love coffee with my oatmeal. Such a good, good combination!

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Too much actually hurts my kidneys but, if i'm in a rush I'll make it.

I also just started getting these bottled pre made ice coffees from starbucks and they're awesome. Just grab one from the fridge and done!

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
big fan of instant coffee.

drink it black all the time.

bootstrapper's beverage.

EDIT:

LOL Just saw this. It's true. It's godawful. The taste sure inspires fastlane dreams haha.

Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
LOL Just saw this. It's true. It's godawful. The taste sure inspires fastlane dreams haha.

lol now that is inspiration. I have a very good friend that loves good champagne. I don't know if he has developed a taste for it as he became successful (most, if not all his customers are millionaires/multi-millionaires) or whether he had the taste long before and became successful partly to fund his expensive habit. It's a theory, I'll have to ask him. ;)

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Drinking instant coffee in my country is a crime lol

Bowden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 29, 2010
TAMPA, FL
Starbucks instant iced coffee. Six to a box so it comes out to around a $1 per. I drink these when I'm grinding it out all night. Just pour into a bottled water and shake shake shake!

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
Starbucks instant iced coffee. Six to a box so it comes out to around a $1 per. I drink these when I'm grinding it out all night. Just pour into a bottled water and shake shake shake!
Spot on, best bang for the buck out there plus it tastes good.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Just curious who likes drinking instant coffee, and if you are drinking it because you are in a hurry, dont have a coffee maker, or just prefer the taste. Any brand that you prefer, and why? Not really a big fan, but do like Starbucks instant coffee. Is there any instant coffee that tastes fresh or is that an oxymoron?

Do you have a business idea in this area?

NoLackey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 1, 2014
I don't think I've ever had instant coffee. The idea of waking up and brewing a nice pot of coffee has a much more appeal to it. The preparation, the sound, the smell, the taste, sharing it... It's a much easier sell than - dump bits of coffee in hot water and stir.

I can't answer the poll, but I guess the reason I don't is because I have a coffee maker and enjoy the experience. It's part of my morning routine.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
No I was more just curious about it, as I see most Americans prefer fresh coffee, but much of the rest of the world drinks instant

I think a lot of people use instant just for the convenience. Though in the UK fresh coffee has become much more popular over the years probably due to the huge number of coffee shops educating peoples palates.

I just seen some info back from 2005 saying there was 162 Starbucks within a 5 mile radius of Regent's Street London. That is some density.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

I used to love this stuff. Although I haven't seen it around for awhile. Also love the Land O Lakes Cocoa's and Cappuccino's. I'm not a coffee person. If I drink it, it usually comes with flavors and chocolate or I don't drink it at all. I would stop at that gas stations in the morning when I had to work early and get some if I had to work 12 hours and than three hours more afterward at another place just for the caffeine.

Regular coffee just tastes like shit to me. lol Never liked it most of my life. I'm more of a tea drinker and love pick wick flavors and other brands in the Netherlands.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.