The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Plan for the beef

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I've learnt this lesson a dozen times over, and basically what it comes down to, is that "independance" has a cost, you need "beef" to fight for that extra edge that will MAKE your future.
- Someone usurps control (you need beef for the inbetween period)
- You are bootstrapping? (you need beef for the low points, cuz a weak body lowers the capacity of your mind)
- You are leveling up? (you need it to stack time in your favor to an extreme, so you can bleed success on every breath)

To build the beef is slow, methodical, and a grind. You need to push that little extra past your budget, and stack the beef.
If you push, that pain will create some beef, and the beef will let you, level up, take control back, and bootstrap like a demon

Plan for the beef
Its a little tip

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Now to kill that concept, Rogue is saying 'prepare the mental and testicular fortitude that is required to get you through rough patches, work on it.'

'Life begins out of your comfort zone.'

'Scar Tissue is stronger than regular tissue'

'It ain't about how hard you hit...'

'Do not sleep under a roof, Carry no money or food, go alone to places frightening to the common brand of men. Become a criminal on purpose. Be put in jail and extricate yourself by your own wisdom.'

'To live well, die once.'

Different words, same meaning.

Or at least I think that's what the meaning was. Not that the original meaning really matters to me either. I like my interpretation.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Or at least I think that's what the meaning was. Not that the original meaning really matters to me either. I like my interpretation.

It also means extra cash set aside, I should have said that :p
But you got it

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013

0:56

G

GuestUser113

I don't understand 9 out of 10 of your posts. Maybe I'm just dumb.

Must be from the kobe?

2128914237_e6408f4752.jpg

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Maybe I'm just dumb.

Nah, its just a bit abstract rather than literal, its pretty hard to confirm exactly what I mean when I do that. (I wanted to leave it a little open to interpretation, just for the fun factor, cuz I don't take it too seriously)

The extra cash I win on a month by grinding, I call beef
Beef = money I grinded for
Beef = stones and gumption
Beef = a budget for times when people HATE that you are risking stuff and doing what they would not advise you to do, or just don't understand
Beef to me is an expence just like FOOD is, and I consider that expence to be just as important as food.

In body building its 70% what you eat that matters. With business, you also need this extra consumption, of food, conflict money, etc, to keep in the game.

Where do you get that money?
You can't ask for it, can't lie for it, can't get a loan for it.
The only way to get that beef money, that money jar for your dreams, done your way, is you have to put in that extra inch, because its the stones to grind that can only provide you with that capital boost.

As a result of this budget requirement being highly difficult to attain, I make sure I focus on it.
I "plan for the beef" (its a pun, cuz beef can mean a fight, but also means food)

I can explain kinda sh#t at times, if there is anything I'm still leaving unclear, you can let me know. I'll try to clear it up.

In the quote below I'll bold my explaination of what I use beef for
(no one else has to view it this way, this is just my take)

I've learnt this lesson a dozen times over, and basically what it comes down to, is that "independance" has a cost, you need "beef" (an extra pool of cash created by a grinder attitude that is used to prepare for disagreements and going your own way)to fight for that extra edge that will MAKE your future.
- Someone usurps control (you need beef for the inbetween period)(balls but also a cash bridge, it has to be from grinding specifically or it won't give you the edge over a##holes)
- You are bootstrapping? (you need beef for the low points, cuz a weak body lowers the capacity of your mind)(eating well is super important for functioning, in the same way, "beef" -that extra mile- is necessary cash that will help you bulk up your efforts and win big through sacrifice)
- You are leveling up? (you need it to stack time in your favor to an extreme, so you can bleed success on every breath)(beef money can cover expences for short periods of time, much like the ATP system in the body gives you tremendous energy for sprints, beef money allows you to put on the turbo to break the next wall)

To build the beef (money, grinded for, saved for conflict and used for what others may disagree with)is slow, methodical, and a grind. You need to push that little extra past your budget, and stack the beef (create a budget that is strictly for conflict, built by sweat and going the extra mile... seperate from the daily budgets that come from process).
If you push, that pain will create some beef(mentally it will give you more strength to fight battles and also in terms of potential opportunities it will start putting pressure on them coming to fruition), and the beef will let you, level up, take control back, and bootstrap like a demon (that extra budget, spiritual and monetary)

Plan for the beef(plan for a fight, plan to have all the battle food and resources, plan for the grind producing money so you have expence money for lawyers for temp stay locations, for sudden airfare, for breakage, for a few weeks revamping the product full time, for on hand cash expences and bank f#ck ups etc etc)

Beef can also be seen as money with no strings attatched to it, used for spontaneous pivoting.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.