The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Create Space - Income source or just a marketing method? (your experience)

Marketing, social media, advertising

Berliner030

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 1, 2014
Hey guys,
I am new in the publisher scene and I am also new on this forum. I published my 1st book on may 1st and have 8 books online now (made 2.000€ in july; non fiction books; german market).

I have one big diet book (200 pages) that contains all my small books of a series. Yesterday I formatted it for Create Space so it takes a few days before the printed version will be online.

I have no experience with Create Space and want to know what is your experience? Is it a waste of time? How much sales do you have? Or do you just use it as a marketing method?

Wish you everything best and sory if I made some language mistakes but english is not my first language.

Bye,
Berliner030

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Berliner030

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 1, 2014
Small update:
After the first 30 days I made about $400 only with my print book (eBook version of this book: $700). In total I reached the $3k mark in august (without publishing any new books) Thats okay for my 4th month as an author.

Conclusion: CreateSpace (printed books) is a nice bonus income source. You allready have the eBook - so you have nothing to lose. Even if it doesnt sell, your pen name looks more professional and it is a great marketing tool (price the print version high that the people think they make a special deal with the eBook version) or order your own books and sell them through your website.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Congratulations on your sales ! I'm not knowledgeable in the publishing areana so I can't give advice, but your taking action.... Good work !

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.