The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

At night, when is it time to call it quits?

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
I'm seeking opinions here because obviously different factors come into play. This happens to me occasionally. I'm in bed and have to wake up in 6-7 hours, but feel like a huge burst of excitement, creativity, spark, and motivation has overwhelmed me. In such a case, do you stay up for an extra 2 hours doing what might be highly productive work, say at 125%-200% of your norm, or do you go to sleep and sleep on ideas and thoughts?

Is it not worth gimping yourself the next day? Long term sustainability points towards sleep, so does wisdom, but my mind is elsewhere.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
This is often the same as me lying in bed late at night and my mind starts to wander.
I notice that I am and feel at my most creative in the middle of the night.
I take it that you have to get up early otherwise you would be acting upon these ideas?
Always keep a notepad and pen beside your bed for these what may seem bright spark ideas or put it in your notes on your phone.
Jot them down then go through the process of sustainability and will they actually work,time,costs etc.

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
if you will be getting stuff done and have great ideas, write them down to work on later if you must go to sleep. Write as many ideas as you can, you don't want to lose good, executable ideas.

If you are already working and you're on a roll but the clock ticks over past your bedtime, I suggest you keep burning that midnight oil.

On the matter of midnight oil watch this classic Australian music video.

Nate-NewVenture

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 31, 2014
Lomita, CA
Better yet, most newer phones have a voice recorder. What I do is use it to remind yourself of the idea you had the night before, siting key points and sidebars you may want to take. Of course sometimes I just bite the bullet and work on it anyways but that's what coffee is for. Haha. Either way, gotta balance the two options. Burning oil isn't sustainable.... Once in a while won't kill ya.

\000/,
Nate-NewVenture

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.