The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Some Perspective

D

DeletedUser394

In the past week, my mother has been hospitalized for an extended period of time, my four year old dog was hit by a car and killed, and my cat that I've had since the age of 10 passed away in his sleep. I can honestly say he was my best friend. We been through a lot together.

Money is cool yeah, and worth the struggle, but don't forget about and alienate the people (and pets) in your life on your way to the top.

I was fortunate to realize this a long time ago, and therefore have no lingering regrets. Some people aren't as fortunate.

Don't push people away just because they don't think the same way that you do. You don't have to be militant in your entrepreneurial endeavors. Associating with people of all backgrounds, cultures, ideas and beliefs is what makes life rich. Not just the amount of zeros in your bank account.

Your relationships and your own health and wellbeing are worth far more than any amount of money.

The way to get to the top is not to step on the shoulders of other people, but to elevate everyone in your world.

A rising tide lifts all boats. Be that ocean.

Back to the grind.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
In the past week, my mother has been hospitalized for an extended period of time, my four year old dog was hit by a car and killed, and my cat that I've had since the age of 10 passed away in his sleep. I can honestly say he was my best friend. We been through a lot together.
Sorry man. We really love our pets. I know how you feel.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Sorry to hear bro. Life can be tough sometimes.

And yes I totally agree that true wealth is beyond money. While I don't deny that money can make yours and your kith and kin's lives more comfortable, the real value is being able to have the people and pets to enjoy it with.

MorgothBauglir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Dec 23, 2013
Thanks for sharing man. I've taken the loss of pets harder than the loss of relatives. The paper chase is important, but not at the expense of everything else.

Good luck and I hope your mom gets better.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.