The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

greetings from Belgium

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Hi,

I'm 28 years old and live in Flanders, Belgium.

It was 5 or 6 years back I started reading guru-stuff which heavily influenced me. At that time, it wasn't bad for me because it changed me from a negative to a positive person. My discipline was growing and so was my responsibility in my life.
Following the "do what you love and you will be successful"-hoax, I started a heavy metalband. I thought it was gonna make it, because I had motivational positive lyrics (basicly the stuff preached by gurus) and thought to make a big difference in the negative-minded metal scene. I teached myself playing the guitar and wrote songs. With lots of efforts I found bandmembers, motivated enough to play in my band (but actually quite uninterested). Proud with the songs I wrote all alone, we entered the studio and played a first gig.

The feedback was awful.

People didn't liked the music at all. I can show reviews of the CD, people were just laughing.

"Winners never quit and quiters never win", I thought to myself. I started all over with new songs. Again we hit the studio. Again we played gigs.

Again we got negative feedback. It hurts when you see the faces of your friends who really try to like your work, but are afraid to tell it really sucks. Problem was that I didn't knew what I was doing wrong. I thought that if you think it will be great, it will work. And "if others do it, you can do it!" Those spoiled brats of Metallica did it!

Also, I started to hate writing music, lyrics, rehearse every Sunday, play the same songs every day, I invested heavily in gear, I never went on holiday because we had to pay for the band. I was very committed, and I thought that all those sacrifices will be rewarded one day. But I sucked at it. It is now exactly one year ago we played our last gig. After that gig, our guitar player decided to quit. I think now that was the best thing that could ever happen to us. After that, I stopped the band.

Still in the slow lane, I wanted to do something in my life, make a difference, be successful. For years I listened and read guru-stuff. It's after years you realize they all say the same things. They often even use the same stories and examples... I realized this when I spoke to other people who were very influenced by those gurus and thought it's going to happen just because they believe in it. I then realized those people are indoctrinated, they really want to believe what they hear, so they stick onto it, just like I did.

I'm in a club for young entrepreneurs for a few months now and realize most people are just full of themselves. They have found "that great unique idea" and will harvest their success soon! I thought like them before, blinded by ego, wasting precious time...

Currently I'm working as a HR-manager. I really hate the job and the short-sighted management and colleagues and want to quit asap. I did streamlined most of my work, so I can work for myself while working for my boss. So I'm actually stealing time, yes, the only reason I didn't quit yet.

I started reading the Millionaire Fast Lane on last Sunday, and I have to say it really turned my mind upside down. I have one paradigm shift after another while reading. I never had a book that had such influence on my thoughts. Still have to read further, after that I'll post a review for sure.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Welcome bro.

This forum is unlike all the other "buy our book, and you will be rich by 70, driving in a brand new Acura! Walking with brand new gold canes!" forum.

This forum contains like-minded individuals all looking to help each other out and all with one main goal: GETTING OUT OF THE SLOWLANE.

There is a lot of knowledgeable people on here whom already are tasting the fast lane.

I cannot stress this enough, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ MOST, IF NOT ALL, OF THE GOLD THREADS! They contain priceless information that really can spark new ideas.

Enjoy your stay.

Solrac

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 6, 2014
Florida
Would like to visit Belgium one day. Welcome to the forums dude, and make sure you look around in detail!

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Would like to visit Belgium one day. Welcome to the forums dude, and make sure you look around in detail!
If you're interested in culture and history, you should. Half of Europe fought their wars out in Flanders :)

I'm very lucky to have found The Millionaire Fastlane because I almost started a new project where I should have violated several commandments. It makes sense now why previous efforts didn't showed results. This book is one of the best things that happened in my life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...