The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Workout Accountablity Thread

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Are you eating enough to fuel your work-outs? I have been exhausted and just had to up my calories by 150-200 a day. I tried to make sure they were mostly from carbs too. I felt much better lifting this AM and I'm going to lift again in a little while and the additional calories seem to have given me more energy. I did a quick run this morning and was still OK when I lifted. I think the extra calories relieved the drag, maybe you need to eat a little more too.

Definitely eating enough, just had a bad night.. Was drinking coffee at 11pm to get some work done... Not doing that again...

Speaking about eating, I ate horrible today, 3 cookies and a bag of chips... yolo :)

@DennisDuty I also wanted to mention... If you start running... It's awesome because you get to listen to podcasts. Personally I don't listen to startup stuff anymore (after a while everyone is just repeating the same shit) but, Joe Rogan is frigin awesome!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Tip for people struggling to say consistent with your form of physical exercise,
PUT ON YOUR WORKOUT UNIFORM and do something for like 10 minutes and you will more than likely end up working out

since this is a workout thread
Something that is kinda pissing me off right now, My deadlift strength peak a week or 2 ago (
405 for 3x5 without straps/belt)
Eversince that i am struggling (but still getting) 405 for only 1 rep!

today i Did back/bi/forearm (had a weak grip strength so i started isolating forearms)

What i did today:

Deadlifts (sets/reps always vary)
Weighted back hyper extensions 3x10
Seated rows 3x10
Weighted pull ups 3x10 {replaced this for lat pulldowns)
1 arm dumbell rows 3x10 [Replaced this for barbell rows)

forearm curls 3x10
Close grip preacher bicep curls 2-3x10
Wide grip preacher bicep curls 2-3x10
Dumbell bicep curls 3x10 (THESE ARENT NEEDED IT IS JUST I USED TO NEVER DO BICEPS SO I GOTTA DO MORE TO GET THEM UP TO PAR/WHERE I WANT THEM)
another bicep exercise no idea what it is called 3x15-20(great for a bicep pump)

reverse curls (for forearm isolation) 3x10
Standing Palms-Up Barbell Behind The Back Wrist Curl 3x10

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Also if some of are you aiming for the goal of just looking slim and good
LIFT WEIGHTS
You can still do cardio

You will look so much better than the guy/gal who's been exercising just as long as you and only running

Also having the extra muscle (inb4 i dont want to get too big, shut the hell up you never will)
will increase your metabolic rate helping you lose that desired fat faster

I am willing to give anyone advice on dieting and working out

My lifts after 1 year exactly this month:

Deadlift: 3x5 @ 405lbs
Bench: 280lbs
Squat: 410lbs

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Also if some of are you aiming for the goal of just looking slim and good
LIFT WEIGHTS
You can still do cardio

You will look so much better than the guy/gal who's been exercising just as long as you and only running

Also having the extra muscle (inb4 i dont want to get too big, shut the hell up you never will)
will increase your metabolic rate helping you lose that desired fat faster

I am willing to give anyone advice on dieting and working out

My lifts after 1 year exactly this month:

Deadlift: 3x5 @ 405lbs
Bench: 280lbs
Squat: 410lbs
I like you so don't take this the wrong way...

I have a couple friends who just lift and they look fat/bulky not slim/good

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
@DennisDuty I also wanted to mention... If you start running... It's awesome because you get to listen to podcasts. Personally I don't listen to startup stuff anymore (after a while everyone is just repeating the same shit) but, Joe Rogan is frigin awesome!
Yeah, I listened to podcasts or audiobooks on my daily walks.

I might start running or jogging soonish.
I have MAJOR resistance to it beyond the purely physical resistance.
Might be my neighborhood, I am unsure.
I will figure it out.

I have read an article about how class has different perceptions about size and muscle mass.
Lower class love it, upper class hate it.
So strange.

A

Angus

I have read an article about how class has different perceptions about size and muscle mass.
So strange.
I have read an article about how class has different perceptions the bullshit they read online.
So strange.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
I like you so don't take this the wrong way...

100% because of their diet

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
@BlakeIC @BeingChewsie ... Since I've been working out and running, I wake up at the same exact time (literally 8:27-8:30) every single day. Today I was planning on sleeping in for an extra hour or two and my body just woke up and wouldnt let me go back to sleep. Doesn't matter how late I go to bed.

Is this because of working out / running?

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
@BlakeIC @BeingChewsie ... Since I've been working out and running, I wake up at the same exact time (literally 8:27-8:30) every single day. Today I was planning on sleeping in for an extra hour or two and my body just woke up and wouldnt let me go back to sleep. Doesn't matter how late I go to bed.

Is this because of working out / running?

I would say it is from the habit of getting up every morning at that time so you have developed your own sleep cycle

I would say running when you get up is another factor in hit

but it stems from making it your daily habit in the morning

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
So who's been working out? I took a long break (again). Back at it though after moving to a new town with my wife and son. Another son on the way in 1 month so I need to get my a$$ back in shape. I want to be the dad who is in shape and able to keep up with his kids. Need to drop 30-40 pounds. Doing a simple bodybuilding split, lots of cardio (for now) and eating a cleaner diet. Also adding apple cider vinegar to my water twice a day as I heard it has multiple health benefits. Normally I'm not into things like that as they are usually hogwash but I have heard lots of good things.

Tonight I trained chest and tri's and did some cardio on the elliptical. Tomorrow I will do fasted AM cardio before my 12 hour shift at my slowlane. Hopefully tomorrow night I will hit back and bi's depending on how tired I am. If I don't make it in then I'll be there in two days. Listening to my body and not going to force it if I am not feeling it... but not going to let myself get lazy again either.

Hit the gym (or road or bike or whatever keeps you fit) peeps!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So who's been working out?

Religiously. In fact, I can barely walk from my leg workout on Sunday.

Some of the guys in my gym are 10, 15 years older than me and in incredible shape. It's really encouraging to see that you can indeed be in your 50's and 60's and still be in awesome shape. I hope when I'm there, I can say the same.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Only just saw this thread.

I plan on getting fit again this year. Used to train all the time, and fell out of it for the last 6 years when kids arrived.

I've been for a couple of walks two days in a row. From next week I want to be jogging 2-3 times a week from now on. In a month or two I will join the local running club who do reps on a grass track.

Also going to start cycling as half of my commute.

There's a rusty kettle-bell in the back garden. Gonna start some swings with that, and pushups, situps every evening with my stepson and kids (who think it's hilarious).

Back to the gym soon too once I work out how to fit it in as a regular time block.

Here to be accountable. This stuff is important. :)

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I have finally hit the sweet spot with taking care of myself.

I eat right, and I work out about 15 minutes a day, 6 days a week.

I started the year with a Whole30, and knew within days that it was the missing piece for me. Eating is really the majority of body composition, so getting my eating squared away was the real battle. By the end of the Whole30, I was on track and eating like a king every day. My wife started getting jealous of my meals even though she wasn't doing the whole 30, and started eating whatever I was having.

This is also what finally killed my sugar cravings too.

A couple weeks in, I started with Convict Conditioning. This is just a simple bodyweight routine. I went with this because of the progression system in the program. Two exercises a day - 6 days a week.

The fundamental principle behind both of these for me is that they are not crazy, they do not work overnight - these are a simple discipline + time = success. All I have to do is stick with it, and it is so dead simple easy that I can't fail.

The biggest struggle was starting so slowly - but that is exactly what creates the start, go go go, burnout, quit cycle.

I should say that this is in line with my goals, and might not be for everyone. I'm not an athlete. I am just a guy that wants to be in shape and healthy. It is working.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Ive been working out with Athlean X program now for about 4-5 weeks...usually working out 6-7 days/wk though because gf is a cardio nut (bleh) and likes to do elliptical a lot of days. I don't do weights on all...usually do the strength training they have m/w/f and some cardio type routine on t/u (jump rope sets, other burst training workouts, etc). Trying to remember the abs everyday. I'm a scrawny guy, 5'11'' 160ish...guess I'm not eating near enough, as I haven't put on weight. Just using whey protein shake once a day as well, along with a protein bar, all of the meals, and then a healthier snack. Can finally see some abs...have always had lower body fat, but never really had muscles pop. Keep at it, dudes!

simplykickass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 11, 2015
Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia
B040ANMIcAA4EEm.jpg

About to start on a brosplit again.

Monday - Legs
Tuesday - Chest & Abs
Wednesday - Back
Thursday - Arms & Abs
Friday - Shoulders
Saturday - Full body (with focus on lagging bodyparts)
Sunday - Pop a Senzu Bean (Dragon ball z anyone?) and recover.

Repeat.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA

For 2015 I decided to actually stick with a workout plan laid out in a book some others have mentioned here already, Convict Conditioning.

I've followed it all perfectly except for when I got sick. That lasted for about a week and a half. So I believe I missed two or three workout sessions.

I'm tracking my sessions / numbers in Google Sheets and probably should have taken pictures at the start of every month too, but didn't.

I literally just got back from a run too. Although running is something I've pretty much always done, I took a break from running since I got injured twice. I just ordered a calendar offered by Runner's World and will get some new shoes soon though. Spring / Summer is near and I need to get in prime shape. :D

Anyways, it's great that you're making those changes man! I'm almost certain if you remain consistent with a great diet and quality exercise you'll lose those 30 - 40 pounds within 2015. I almost didn't want to add this but...

Looking forward to an update when you lose those 30 - 40 pounds!

Now the pressure is ON. You got it though man. Haha. :joyful:

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
Did some fasted cardio at 0630 yesterday. I go back to night shift at the slowlane tonight so I will be doing a work out later in the day but before work. Ate like shit last night lol.

Timbonitus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 28, 2014
Went yesterday after a week break because my gym closed for Chinese New Year and I'll go again later today. Last time I did bench, lat pull downs, squats, sit-ups on the ab-bench while holding 10 kilos, and some quick bicep/tricep/shoulder work. Today I'll do some back work, dead-lifts, rows, pull-ups, and whatever else I feel like doing.

Feels good to be back! Lost some strength but that's okay, I'll get it back.

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
Currently doing a P/P/L (push/pull/legs) split. My favorite routine ever so far. I've typically only done bodybuilding bro splits (chest/back/arms/legs/shoulders)

Here's the routine.

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

Taken from here

I feel much fuller/stronger and look a better.

I also train bjj (Brazilian jiu jitsu) 2-3 times a week and that counts as my cardio :)

jiu jitsu tonight!

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
let's keep her going!

working towards a consistent wake up time of 4:30AM.

got up at 5AM today and was at the gym by 5:30AM.

did a push workout

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

also. since I started training brazilian jiu jitsu I've wanted to get more comfortable with my body weight so I've consistently done on average a total of 87 reps of push ups/squats/crunches everyday since june of 2014.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.