The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are you struggling with right now?

tminch55

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jun 24, 2014
Figured this can be a good way to share problems, and hopefully give other board members ideas of how they can help others (either on here or through their own business).

What are you currently struggling with in your business (or in your decision to start a business)? In other words, what are some of the biggest pains your facing?

I'll start:

-Getting website traffic. I feel like I'm creating valuable content, but struggling with marketing.

-Getting my audience to engage on Facebook and Twitter.

-Getting visitors to sign up for my email list.

-Finding time to work on my business while working a full-time job, and raising 2 kids.

Who's next?

I'm struggling mainly with trying to put value over money when my family is drowning in debt.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Torrey

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 5, 2012
Getting people on CL to sell low so I can turn around and flip the item for profit. Everyone wants top dollar for their items it seems.

Any idea on how to get better at price negotiating?

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Before I build my website and marketing channels or anything, I'm building my product (information product, audio course) and I just want to get it done in good time.

Most of the hard work on it with the content is done but I'm trying to get it done as soon as possible. Before I leave Australia in 2 months, I need to get the product written, tested on willing subjects (many friends lining up to try it fortunately), edited accordingly, then recorded and uploaded. Then I need to get the sales page written and website designed. I want to get this done ASAP so I can focus on marketing the product while I'm overseas which is less time-critical.

Just stressing a bit trying to get the product finished and polished in time. I'm leaving my job in 4 days and so will soon have heaps of time to dedicate.

My problem is that I'm mucking around too much and I'm having trouble getting the discipline to work hard on it. I'll fix that shortly haha

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
Mental clarity. I am systematically eliminating the "junk," literally and metaphorically. I tend to bite off more than I can chew, so I am prioritizing my projects, which is hard to do when everything seems important. The menial tasks and side-projects, small but plenty, are stifling my creativity, robbing of me of time, and leaving me physically exhausted, but it's all getting handled.

qvantage

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Nov 22, 2013
Some Problems!!

Create High quality link building backlinks
Create squidoo lens and hub pages

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I can't afford thousands of dollars in search engine and social media advertisements

What if there is something you could do that would allow you to begin running those advertisements by next week?

What is one thing you could do to begin this journey to running advertisements?

Maybe, as you read this, you will take the focus off the 'I can't', and realize it's possible to afford this stuff, and begin on finding a solution to it.

Or you can focus in on the belief that you cant do this, and your thoughts will make that belief stronger, and you will wind up not running advertisements.

Just something to think about.

Last edited:

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
-Finding time to work on my business

What I found working for me very well is having set time for it.
Even if it's just an hour a day. Knowing exactly when that hour is and sticking to it really helps.

I am struggling with becoming who I want to be and not who I am - and the growing pains that come with it.

Again something that works for me is...accepting that change won't happen overnight, and then taking small but steady steps every day. This quickly adds up, and there's almost no pain or inner resistance. And in addition to this...accepting yourself fully. Starting to act and feel right now, like you already ARE who you want to become.

And by the very fact that you started the journey - you already ARE who you want to become. For example, if you started training some sport, and want to become a world class athlete.... You can already feel like one right now. You can have a discipline, dedication and attitude of world class athlete from day one. So you can feel like one. Now of course it will take some time to see the results, but they will come.

My struggle...and it's probably an excuse but...

I've found a need and have the capability to solve it. Existing solutions suck. I've contacted some prospects by email, and got decent response and interest. People want this solution. They want to talk about it. But...

My spoken English sucks...really badly...struggling to even find the words and say them...let alone do "idea extraction", presales, control my tonality and listen to theirs, sound credible etc.

So I tried asking prospects who already expressed interest to get on chat...but flake rate is 100%. On the other hand, they really easily agree to talk on the phone...but then my ridiculous accent messes it up...and weird sentences I struggle to construct.

So this has me stuck in step 1 - finding customers.

Kinda feeling silly to even mention is, I know it's all an excuse, but since the thread is about it, there you go.

Last edited:

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Figured this can be a good way to share problems, and hopefully give other board members ideas of how they can help others (either on here or through their own business).

What are you currently struggling with in your business (or in your decision to start a business)? In other words, what are some of the biggest pains your facing?

I'll start:

-Getting website traffic. I feel like I'm creating valuable content, but struggling with marketing.

-Getting my audience to engage on Facebook and Twitter.

-Getting visitors to sign up for my email list.

-Finding time to work on my business while working a full-time job, and raising 2 kids.

Who's next?

Utilizing my free time effectively and directing it towards my purpose, which is currently to self-publish. Just graduated college and working 45 hours a week, so when I'm not working, I have to have clear sight of my goals or else I'll be at the next day of work before I know it. I have to cut down the noise in my life and be more minimalistic so I can focus. I am already pretty good at this but I want laser focus. Going to sleep early, eating even more healthier, cutting out toxic people, no drinking, and putting a good 3-5 hours of day at least towards my fastlane projects.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
dealing with cold sweats and slight anxiety

Been having them at nights since I took action and started executing an idea feels like a funhouse in my stomach at nights before I went to sleep so i switched my schedule around and now work nights going into day the day to see if it helps.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
I give myself a mental beating every morning for not taking action years ago. It serves as motivation now. Hindsight 20\20.

Fun fact, I was so deeply buried under the "slow lane" garbage that all @MJ DeMarco had to say was that he felt sorry for me. Haha shitty huh? That was about two years ago. You get pretty motivated when you realize that your same old bullshit actions get you nowhere and all the while the bills keep piling up and people start depending on you more and no one is going to come save your day. I had to learn from hitting low and I wish I would have been motivated by my desires and daydreams alone.

Last edited:

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
I give myself a mental beating every morning for not taking action years ago. It serves as motivation now. Hindsight 20\20.

Fun fact, I was so deeply buried under the "slow lane" garbage that all @MJ DeMarco had to say was that he felt sorry for me. Haha shitty huh? That was about two years ago. You get pretty motivated when you realize that your same old bullshit actions get you nowhere and all the while the bills keep piling up and people start depending on you more and no one is going to come save your day. I had to learn from hitting low and I wish I would have been motivated by my desires and daydreams alone.

to the above bolded 'ha ha no shit' that started to really set in recently.

Circles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jul 1, 2014
Santa Clara
99% of brand name suppliers online are either scam sites or selling junk. This is my #1 problem when sourcing.

2nd problem is : "you have no money, you have no car, you have no leverage so there you are". This is how I feel when talking to brand name manufacturers.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Needing some money, would like to start flipping some houses. Got my real estate license, so hopefully I can make some money selling some houses in the near future. In two years, going to start up my own brokerage.

Start telling people you're looking for investors. I read Z's advice about getting money, started saying this to people, and within a couple of months found three people who are interested in writing a check. It's very true that people with money want to make it grow, on someone else's hard work. Start saying that you're looking for investors NOW.

GregK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 10, 2014
What I found working for me very well is having set time for it.
Even if it's just an hour a day. Knowing exactly when that hour is and sticking to it really helps.

Again something that works for me is...accepting that change won't happen overnight, and then taking small but steady steps every day. This quickly adds up, and there's almost no pain or inner resistance. And in addition to this...accepting yourself fully. Starting to act and feel right now, like you already ARE who you want to become.

And by the very fact that you started the journey - you already ARE who you want to become. For example, if you started training some sport, and want to become a world class athlete.... You can already feel like one right now. You can have a discipline, dedication and attitude of world class athlete from day one. So you can feel like one. Now of course it will take some time to see the results, but they will come.

My struggle...and it's probably an excuse but...

I've found a need and have the capability to solve it. Existing solutions suck. I've contacted some prospects by email, and got decent response and interest. People want this solution. They want to talk about it. But...

My spoken English sucks...really badly...struggling to even find the words and say them...let alone do "idea extraction", presales, control my tonality and listen to theirs, sound credible etc.

So I tried asking prospects who already expressed interest to get on chat...but flake rate is 100%. On the other hand, they really easily agree to talk on the phone...but then my ridiculous accent messes it up...and weird sentences I struggle to construct.

So this has me stuck in step 1 - finding customers.

Kinda feeling silly to even mention is, I know it's all an excuse, but since the thread is about it, there you go.

@FastNAwesome if you have problems talking on the phone but thats how you feel your sales are made, why dont you get a partner that can pull this off for you?

i feel my struggle is TIME, but this is relative, i sit here read the forum, read other blogs, etc.
with the projects i am working on, i am hitting road blocks here and there, some of which take time to resolve. so i go and work on something else - keeping the bigger picture in mind.

Set a goal, figure out what it takes to achieve it - what work needs to go into it -then draw out the path and get on it.

I keep several journal books around now to take notes. this helps me to actually remember after a day of actual 9-5 work.

cheers

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Getting people on CL to sell low so I can turn around and flip the item for profit. Everyone wants top dollar for their items it seems.
Any idea on how to get better at price negotiating?
Your trick here is to understand value. Not everyone does. Being able to recognize when something is under valued in the listing. You also would benefit from recognizing people's motivations. Some people need to sell quick and will take less. Others just don't care. You need to be able to sort out the motivations and the values.

Nate-NewVenture

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 31, 2014
Lomita, CA
My biggest hurdle is balance. Trying to balance the need for money with the need to pursue my dream. Trying to balance attention going towards my families future of freedom vs. the attention needed now. Trying to balance the emotions of roadblocks vs the emotions of excitement in success.

.... These are a few of my favorite things..... Hahahaha.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.