The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding Something Greater. Deeper.

Anything related to matters of the mind

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Let me start off by saying I was a long time lurker on this forum and have always known I will have my own business someday. I also knew that I would make my way to actually becoming part of the community at some point. It wasn't until recently that I really found my reason to get my a$$ into gear.

Let me start off with a little background about myself. I am a winner, I like to win, where losing is not an option (it is an opportunity when and if it occurs). I have a background in competitive Tae Kwon Do, where I have been national champion, USA National team member, and represented the US in various tournaments throughout the world. I state this because I relate sports psychology closely to business psychology, as it takes similar mindsets to be the best in your given field. The point being, I have always believed that a person needs to have a greater reason to win/be successful than simply the end goal/result. The title (or money in the case of this forum) may be what gets you to begin your journey, but what is going to drive you to stick with it and push past your own limits? There has to be something else. And I have finally found that.

My grandfather passed away last Friday and had his service today. I realized my motivation as my dad spoke his last thoughts about his father. He spoke of his work ethic, but more importantly, the kind of man his father was and the things he did with him. It hit me as I have always been able to visit him on trips, but I never got to know him as a person. I want more for my children. I want them to be able to spend time with their grandparents and know them better than I knew mine. The problem? The bay area may be a great place to live, but my parents would never be able to afford half of a homeless man's cardboard space in this housing market.

Thus I have found my motivation. Financial freedom is nice and all. But I will be successful because I want my parents to be able to live comfortably close to both me and my brother in the bay area, so that my children and my brother's children can know my parents like I know them.

With that said, what was the moment you found your motivation beyond just the money and what is it that drives you to become successful through all of ?

P.S. If this belongs in a different section, my fault. I'm a Forum Newbie :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Welcome ! Good introduction....it should probably be in the "Introduction and Networking".

I've been in the martial arts pretty much my whole life. I also weight train and do a lot of physical activities. I too apply what it takes to succeed in body building and the arts to business. I believe once you have the essentials down, like discipline, hard work, practice, time management, and such, these things naturally flow into other parts of your life including business.

With that said, what was the moment you found your motivation beyond just the money and what is it that drives you to become successful through all of ?
There was no one moment. It was more like thousands of moments when added up, equaled motivation for me. My motivation is centered around family, friends, and wanting to help people

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Fellow Taekwondo practicer here, bro :D My dream is to compete in the Olympics. But I'll see. My business comes first right now.

But I would definitely agree that martial arts teaches self-discipline, and gives you confidence that can help you excel in business.

My motivation... I've never been able to pinpoint it exactly, because it always feels like I just have fire in my heart. But probably it comes down to this: freedom and abundance.

As a successful entrepreneur, I would have the opportunity to do what I want, when I want. I can be with my family and friends when I want, I can come and go as I please. Also, I love how I have the opportunity to acquire the resources that let me live comfortably, and experience many things that most people won't be able to.
Even though I'm a beginner and haven't made my fortune yet, I love the feeling of having something that's my own and that I created

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.