The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Nobody had registered this domain...

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
But, I have been offered $1.5k today

seriously thats awesome. if thats what your getting early on, keep waiting and negotiating and try and land yourself a high 4 figure/low 5 figure deal..if you can of course.

what a great purchase mate!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Reminds me of when I went to check if GymSnacks.com was available and to my surprise it was so I snatched it up

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Am I the only one that doesn't find this funny?

lol just wanna see if you read that part or just read the last bit. it was fun getting the other guy. ;)

have a sensational evening

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 00:25:23 -0400
Subject: Re: Offer for Domain Name: gymsnacks.com
To: zeus.armstrong@hotmail.com

Nice try...I know you're from thefastlaneforum i'm just not sure why you are doing this...not only is it stupid and a waste of time, you're also legally creating a contract via email. I don't care and I know it's a joke, but someone who takes this more seriously would get your information and file a lawsuit...it's happened before for many people

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Zeus Armstrong <zeus.armstrong@hotmail.com> wrote:
Dear Yury,

I'm glad that you've accepted.

Please send me:

Your godaddy login details, username and password, and your bank deposit details. I'll transfer the domain to my account from your godaddy account.

Kind regards,

Zeus

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 00:10:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Offer for Domain Name: gymsnacks.com
To: zeus.armstrong@hotmail.com

Sure, consider it sold

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 12:06 AM, Zeus Armstrong <zeus.armstrong@hotmail.com> wrote:
Dear Yury,

I hope you are having a pleasant day.

My name is Zeus Armstrong, I'm from Sydney, Australia. I think there is value in your domain that you've purchased recently: gymsnacks.com

I own a well known business entity which could utilize that domain name.

I would like to buy that domain from you. Would you accept an offer of $5000 US dollars?

Kind regards,

Zeus

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014

Last edited:

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
If you are just thinking about developing this domain because you think it's a good domain, don't waste your time. If you truly believe there is a need and you can solve it, then by all means go for it. I personally would love to be able to find a gym/activity partner but there are also sites that cater to that now, as well as craigslist and facebook groups. I'm sure there is plenty of room for improvement but this is a long road to take. I've gone down the road of developing domain names simply because I have owned some premium domains in the past and that's not the best way to go about it.l

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014

Last edited:
G

GuestUser116

If you don't sell it to the dude for 1.5k ask him if he wants mygympartners.com (open price)

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014

Last edited:

ttoke

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 10, 2013
Just wait and think for a while, don't listen to every opinion and change your mind every time somebody tells you to do something.

Think, investigate, make a plan.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
According to Sedo, domain is getting atleast 40-100 uniques a day

Obviously having traffic is great...only problem is you don't know what type of traffic or where it's from so it could be fake or garbage. Throw up your own 1 page lander/sales page with google analytics and then you will know for sure.

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 29, 2014
Looks like this was a developed site in 2007 that is probably why you are getting traffic. As for value, I doubt that you can get 5 figures for it, but anything around mix $x,xxx I think you should take. Unless of course if you plan on developing the name, but then I think that you should have a five figure budget for development and advertising..

Nice hand reg btw, it is strange that Snapnames or Namejet didn't grab this one.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Looks like this was a developed site in 2007 that is probably why you are getting traffic. As for value, I doubt that you can get 5 figures for it, but anything around mix $x,xxx I think you should take. Unless of course if you plan on developing the name, but then I think that you should have a five figure budget for development and advertising..

Nice hand reg btw, it is strange that Snapnames or Namejet didn't grab this one.
Thanks buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybach

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 17, 2014
Very nice, I love domains. I'm an idiot for not continuing my domain investing, I was getting better at it.

You can use online automated estimation services such as estibot, or put them on the market like Sedo, Flippa...etc. On Sedo you can drop it in there, use their ppc system while it sits, and put a price on it, and allow people to make offers.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Usually the word "my" in the beginning of domains will lower the value, but you still have something nice there.

XOthermic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
May 12, 2011
California
Yea thats a good domain name. Really its all execution. I'm in the fitness niche so my take is below.

Someone else can make SWOLEMATES.com and that would be more popular that mygympartner.com

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Deal with fellow fastlaner didn't go through.

It's only been 4 days since registration and I'm already getting tons of offers...

CTR has been 70%+ every day so far, according to SEDO parking report.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Another 2k offer today.

Trying to negotiate to 4k+. I've had some pros in the industry tell me the domain should sell for 4k+.

Let's see what happens.

David P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Sep 27, 2014
MMMmmmm,

Good name, depends what you want to do with it, but just a pointer, and this is something I am looking into.
Get some WP hosting plan, that is not too pricey ; http://wpengine.com/ - there are others gust Google for
"best WP hosting", always gives you better results than finding each separate site.

Get a Facebook Page, then a Twitter feed set up for the domain, easy stuff.

Then deploy a simple free script for WP. Something that people can log into and start posting things like,
"hey I'm in Fla, looking for gym partner".

Then get buzz, even if you do some false posting yourself, and if you want to keep it, fine, if not..............

You have created added perceived value to the domain, so price it at 20K, WITH the web site,
or 15K WITHOUT the web site, but be open to negotiations...........

Good luck, let us know what happens.....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.