The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buying FB Likes... from Facebook

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
* The blog has nothing to do with me - just thought you'd find it interesting.

People seem to turn their nose up at buying fans and likes on Facebook, but actually it is a very cheap way to get new customers if done right - the key is targeting quality leads.

I found this post yesterday - very, very nice ideas in there.

http://www.jonloomer.com/2014/07/23/facebook-page-likes-strategies/

Also spotted on that site - people seem to get upset about how few of your followers see the posts you make. I had never considered it from this point of view - but it's a pretty good argument.

http://www.jonloomer.com/2014/03/24/true-facebook-page-post-reach/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Jon Loomer has some good articles, but I've found what he's saying to be very ineffective. YMMV.

I've spent lots of money with Facebook...

JamesSJ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 25, 2012
I think what i find the most interesting is he actually breaks down and shows you the numbers.

A lot of posts about FB marketing or advertising will be long the lines of '5 things your should be doing FB ads' and then just state something to do without any deep reason behind it other than the author saying so.

Like everything he does state in a lot of his posts that it works for him and you should test it out on your own audience - after all he is speaking to people looking to learn about FB so his ads and strategies will probably be different than that of someone selling toothbrushes or video game tutorials.

Geeko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 19, 2014
If you aren't paying for the product. You are the product.

Sent from my SGH-S730M using Tapatalk

Kaizen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Apr 30, 2014
If you are going to buy traffic from FB, its all about Click Through Rate. Having enough fans to be credible to cold traffic is important, thus its a good idea to start an FB ads campaign with a like campaign. It will provide value once you begin the real campaign.

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
I've had very little success with Facebook ads. I've tried a variety of ads/strageties, but they've all largely been a waste of money.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
There has been a lot written about who the fans are that Facebook drives to your ads, including a few great threads on this forum. In general, you can get cheap Facebook fans from Facebook, but they are likely not within the targeted demographic of "customers" that will convert to sales for you.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Seems against the point to me.

Likes are a measure of performance, if you just do it for likes in themselves (not what they imply) it seems a bit desperate to me.
But maybe it is to be considered when you are starting up to get over the innertia.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
There has been a lot written about who the fans are that Facebook drives to your ads, including a few great threads on this forum. In general, you can get cheap Facebook fans from Facebook, but they are likely not within the targeted demographic of "customers" that will convert to sales for you.

Yes. This.

Buy ads for clicks to your website. Facebook Fans mean little to nothing.

XOthermic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
May 12, 2011
California
@DustinG I feels bro.... I'm in the same boat. I'll cut some 10% of sales if they can execute a strategy that shows over 30% profit growth in 3 weeks.

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
I don't have sales (yet) to back up anything I say about FB. That being said, if you have a product/service (topic) that people are into, a targeted FB ad can result in many direct target-market Likes. I have been running one ad with one picture targeting very specific "interests" and my CPL hovers at $.04. We just passed 5100 and all of them are our target market with most being from the US. We've also seen a dramatic increase in photo shares, Likes, and comments.

Will a good % of these convert?, who knows....we'll find out soon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.