The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Questions on a side project i'm doing

SirTristram

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 24, 2014
Basically, me and a friend had the idea to create a social media boosting platform focused towards small businesses that have social media presence to legitimize their page.
This is by no means my end all be all but something to generate a some extra revenue passively.

Any feedback is appreciated feel free to let loose what ever thoughts come to mind you won't hurt my feelings.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
I would say that, not that you are gonna give them fake likes, but that you will increase their likes, plays, etc. as that sounds enticing for a small business.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Your business will be based off new clients and you will have a rediculously high rate of churn because no one is getting any real value from your fake likes.

I took the time to build 3k+ Insta followers and now when I post an image, I easily get 100-300 likes + comments in a day. I'm sure they want the same results which they won't get.

It's scammy.

Also your background makes the headline hard to read.

SirTristram

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 24, 2014
Your business will be based off new clients and you will have a rediculously high rate of churn because no one is getting any real value from your fake likes.

I took the time to build 3k+ Insta followers and now when I post an image, I easily get 100-300 likes + comments in a day. I'm sure they want the same results which they won't get.

It's scammy.

Also your background makes the headline hard to read.

Thanks for the feedback, also we do state exactly what we are selling (ghost followers).

G

Guest24480

I can see where the need is. Whenever I see a twitter account that has 10k followers versus 200 followers the credibility of the business (from a consumer's perspective) is most definitely increased. It doesn't matter if the account is getting favorites on the posts or not; a business with lots of followers always looks better. Doesn't matter if they're "ghost" followers or not. I like the idea, just not sure if I'd pay for it, especially if I was just getting started as a business. It definitely wouldn't be at the top of my list of priorities, but for a wantrepreneur it may be. I think that's your biggest market to be honest.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
You would also be competing with Fiverr, which offers 2k+ followers for social media for 5 bucks

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Looks like you're selling garbage...basically it's black hat social media

Tyler K

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 25, 2014
United States
Hey,

Yea we state that we're selling fake likes. Thanks for the feedback by the way guys. We do want some more feedback if possible. We're not sure if we're running with this idea or going to switch to something else.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
Hey,

Yea we state that we're selling fake likes. Thanks for the feedback by the way guys. We do want some more feedback if possible. We're not sure if we're running with this idea or going to switch to something else.

Do you have any paying customers? They would be a better resource for feedback than we would.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Can someone link the particular Fiverr listing? How fast will your account get banned once buying? Anyone have any actual experience with this?

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
Can someone link the particular Fiverr listing? How fast will your account get banned once buying? Anyone have any actual experience with this?

Heres one of about a thousand listing where you can buy likes for facebook, twitter, and instagram: http://www.fiverr.com/kittermansabr...ext_type=auto&funnel=201408230255541325722920

Your account isnt going to get banned for buying likes. I wouldnt ever buy them for a real business, but Ive grown fanpages using fake likes for social proof, so people think I have a big following. I have used this method with success.

Tyler K

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 25, 2014
United States
Heres one of about a thousand listing where you can buy likes for facebook, twitter, and instagram: http://www.fiverr.com/kittermansabr...ext_type=auto&funnel=201408230255541325722920

Your account isnt going to get banned for buying likes. I wouldnt ever buy them for a real business, but Ive grown fanpages using fake likes for social proof, so people think I have a big following. I have used this method with success.

Yea, with my old business I completed over 100 orders and the only issue I had was that someone bought YouTube views for a video advertising a game hack and it got removed and then he tried to blame it on us.

Most if not all social media sites cannot prove you wanted the likes as someone could just send them therefore they can't/don't bother banning you.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
My old business that was around this got a few hundred orders in less then a month.

If thats the case then why do you need our help? Just replicate what you did to get 100's of customers. Seems pretty simple to me.

Tyler K

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 25, 2014
United States
If thats the case then why do you need our help? Just replicate what you did to get 100's of customers. Seems pretty simple to me.

It's not exactly as easy at that, as we're going to be charging more (and providing a better service) and we're sort of transitioning from selling to teenagers to trying to sell to businesses. We figured that we'd ask on here as quite a few people on here own businesses.

XOthermic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
May 12, 2011
California
Do not get cute with this. The design by LynARTS is the most simple. Let the customer know that your a simple way to save money. It's black and white, there is no weird, kookiness going on, it's plain as peanut butter.

Tyler K

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 25, 2014
United States
Do not get cute with this. The design by LynARTS is the most simple. Let the customer know that your a simple way to save money. It's black and white, there is no weird, kookiness going on, it's plain as peanut butter.

I'm not really sure what you're saying or what LynARTS is.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.