The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who's your greatest fictional inspiration?

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Sometimes fiction can be more inspiring than reality. Even if it's not real, doesn't mean it isn't inspirational ;)

Doesn't have to be a fastlane character, just say who, and how they inspire you in your life

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

This is going to be fun. Number 1 of all time is the dude in GATTACA. My favorite movie of all time. My favorite movie scene of all time
Only makes sense if you've seen the movie.

1. Antonio Raimundo Montana. No explanation required.

2. The mastermind/narrator of the bank heist that robbed the Nazi collaborator in 'Inside Man'.

3. Any movie or character that Denzel Washington plays, because he's awesome.

4. Francisco D'Anconia in Atlas Shrugged Part 1 & 2.

5. The main character in Lord of War.

6. The black doctor that helps the Scottish guy escape in The Last King of Scotland.

7. Professor Robert Langdon in the Dan Brown series of books, because he saves the world and always gets action with his lady companions.

8. James Bond, because he's James Bond.

9. Gordon Gecko and Bud Fox from Wall Street... at least until Bud became a snitch.

10. Justin Timberlake's character in 'In Time'.

11. 'Creasy' in 'Man on Fire' because of his devotion to seeing his mission through to the end.

12. Professor Keating in Dead Poet's society, for being inspirational as F*ck.

13. That robot (also played by Robin Williams) in Bicentennial Man for reminding me of what it means to be human.

14. Patch Adams for bringing more humour into sad situations.

15. Roberto Begnini in 'La vita e bella' for making the best out of a horrendous situation.

16. The cop and the fugitive in Banlieue 13 and Banleue 13: Ultimatum for being cool and showing me the limits of the human body.

etc

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Jay Gatsby.
Maximus - Gladiator.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
@RichKid that's quite a list! I've never seen the movie GATTACA but it's peaked my interest now.
And I love the end scene on Wanted, because the main character starts out so meek, and then at the end he's a completely new guy who basically gives all the worthless people from his past life the middle finger ;)

firmwear

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Dec 26, 2013
1st favorite: Roy Munson.
2nd favorite: Not Sure.

Who is your favorite inspirational movie character?

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
Bruce Wayne first,
Batman secondly.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
1st favorite: Roy Munson.

Who is your favorite inspirational movie character?

Just about any character played by Robert Downey Jr. or Johnny Depp gets my attention

SirTristram

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 24, 2014
Seargent WhiskeyJack from the Malazan series.
(Best fantasy series in existance, dwarfs GOT)

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia

;)
----

Inspiration? Gonna be a short list, I rarely look up to fictional characters, but two came to my mind right away

Frank Underwood from House of Cards

Gustavo Fring from Breaking Bad

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
ME :tiphat:
because when I think what shit I have been through up until now, I'm completely amazed that I'm still inspired and quitting is never an option.
I have been looking to get inspiration outside for years, I have found that the only true and undying inspiration comes from within and from knowing the self.

firmwear

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Dec 26, 2013
because when I think what shit I have been through up until now, I'm completely amazed that I'm still inspired and quitting is never an option.
I have been looking to get inspiration outside for years, I have found that the only true and undying inspiration comes from within and from knowing the self.

Without getting too snitty, the question (paraphrased) was: what fictional character is an inspiration to your life? :rolleyes:

Are you imaginary? :)

Mike.B

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Oct 27, 2011
Ohio
krabs.jpg

D

DeletedUser394

So you're not real?

The question was specifically asking for a fictitious inspirational character.

edit: whoops, missed @firmwear 's post haha

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Without getting too snitty, the question (paraphrased) was: what fictional character is an inspiration to your life?
Are you imaginary?

So you're not real?
The question was specifically asking for a fictitious inspirational character.
edit: whoops, missed @firmwear 's post haha

I'm not real guys, I'm just a character in some people's imagination (including my own).

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013

I agree.

What about Don Draper in the first few seasons of madmen, or haha Walter White from breaking bad, or Mal from firefly, or Yoda/Obiwan from star trek.

Hahaha ;) ;)

There are quite a few resourceful people floatting around in fiction like Spok and James T Kirk, and their pilot ham solo (man could he fly the enterprise).

If I had a hero out of all of them I'd gravitate towards James T Kirk, because he is just a high achieving guy and I like that sort of thing. I'm not a fan of the superpowered craze.

Oh and that Racoon guy "Rocket" and Ron Burgandy

Last edited:

XOthermic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
May 12, 2011
California
HOWARD ROARK - The FOuntain Head
Hank Rearden - Atlas Shrugged

Both great books and a reminder to provide value and do what you like. Not what you think other people are going to like. I.E. My marketing must look like this cuz I everyone else does it like that.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts