The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

16 year old with a list of ideas.

Idea threads

Daniyal Anjum

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 2, 2014
Hey.

I'm a 16 year old with a huge passion for wealth.

To skip the boring bits, lets just say my passion is to give my family a peaceful life where they do not have to worry about rent, food, or anything.

I have a list of ideas which I think might be considered Fastlane.
I'd love to hear your opinion about them.

-A system similar to Playstation Plus and Netflix except for video games across all platforms.

-A website that has detailed product comparisons between laptops, TVs, cameras, phones, etc. I will make it so that it will recommend which of the products the consumer should buy. The website will ask questions such as "how important is price to you" or "what do you mostly do on your computer?"

-Backpacks that are customizable. What I mean by that is the material made with them allows the consumer to draw/color it. They could erase it easily if they wanted to as well.

-Website for farmers willing to sell the things they have and for companies willing to buy what the farmers have. Farmers sell their livestock and crops a lot to companies, yet I could not find a website that's dedicated to having the needs of these farmers met.

I would really appreciate any feedback I get and wonder which idea I should pursue, since I can only pursue one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DrJake

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 21, 2014
Shreveport, Lousiana
1. Go to the about page on the forum and see which ideas meet CENTS the best.
2. Go with your gut and get busy.

I like the first and third ideas, though. Good luck man!

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
For your video game idea, can't you already buy the video games from xbox marketplace or psn?

I don't see why anyone would use it? If I have misunderstood you, my apologies.

Daniyal Anjum

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 2, 2014
For your video game idea, can't you already buy the video games from xbox marketplace or psn?

I don't see why anyone would use it? If I have misunderstood you, my apologies.

What I mean is something like Netflix for video games.

You don't truly "own" the movies when you are at Netflix. You have access to a large library of movies as long as you pay.

But I plan to have games across all platforms as a service similar to Netflix.

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
What I mean is something like Netflix for video games.

You don't truly "own" the movies when you are at Netflix. You have access to a large library of movies as long as you pay.

But I plan to have games across all platforms as a service similar to Netflix.

you seee though when netflix got started they had very lame title and still had to wait a while to get anything good, THEN they would only have it up for a while

your Idea is similar to Gamefly? but all through the console no actual disk correct?

G

Guest24480

About the farmers idea: I would think that farmers are usually traditional and already have a larger company that they would be selling their products to in bulk. They don't have time to individually sell their crops because they're too busy tending to them. That or they sell the crops themselves (i.e farmers market or "farm stand" as they call them where I am). Not sure about livestock though.

Backpack idea: What kind of material would you have in mind? This idea could appeal to the artsy hipster crowd and I can see it sticking there. I certainly wouldn't be interested but I'm not part of that market.

Griever

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 15, 2014
Spartanburg, South Carolina
So you would pursue more than one?

I thought that my idea was the way to success. The truth is that the process is the way to success. The idea doesn't matter so much.

When I started out on some huge idea, I ended up wasting time through wantrepreneurial masturbation. Things like ordering business cards, coming up with my logo, etc. I spent my time doing things that made me feel important, instead doing things to help people.

Just be wary that you don't do the same.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
How about stop thinking of a genius idea and do what other people are doing and make it better.

If you want a genius idea, you need to ask your customer. get out the yellow pages and ask businesses what they're pains are...you can solve it for them and monetize it

Matt33

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Apr 14, 2013
FL
None of those ideas seem to really be solving any large pre-existing needs that people already pay for.
Try looking at my posts in this thread to find better ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
I would really appreciate any feedback I get and wonder which idea I should pursue, since I can only pursue one.

First, good for you for understand that pursuing one 100% is better than many. The best feedback you can get is from potential customers. So, if you want to pursue the farmer thing, talk to farmers. Video game thing, talk to gamers. Backpacks, backpack wearers. Don't pursue an idea because you think it's good (or because your friends agree) pursue an idea when a potential customer (or many potentials) agree that they would pay for that idea.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
I don't know about the farm supply trading company or the video game one, but I know that the backpack idea already exists- my 2 year old niece has one

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.