The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20 YR OLDS pay attention!

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I tell people something similar when they say I`m too young and too inexperienced to be starting my own business. I'm just like "I don't have time to wait 4 years, 2 years, or even 1 year. My time is now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Developmental

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Oct 10, 2014
Nottingham, UK
cliché to post lyrics I know, but since the age of 18 I've had this bit of pink floyd genius ringing in my ears (23 now)

Time - Pink Floyd said:
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you

No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I'm 20 I knew all of this already :)

This is what I don't know:

What direction should I head? I want to start a business but I don't know what business? should I start finding needs and go from there or just start something, anything? because not taking action is what is killing me now.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
What direction should I head? I want to start a business but I don't know what business? should I start finding needs and go from there or just start something, anything? because not taking action is what is killing me now.

I hope someone is willing to help you further, but definitely continue with your personal development. By that I mean - skills, habits, etc.

I just BUMPed a thread I made a long time ago and one of zen*******'s replies was to "...ask quality questions, and dig deeper for better answers."

I did this recently, but with myself. I asked myself what my WHY was...then I asked again...WHY...and again...WHY? Doing that helped me dig deeper.

Here's the thread I mentioned earlier by the way: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...e-the-most-fundamental-skills-to-learn.46933/

Last edited by a moderator:

chrischapman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 3, 2014
Sydney, Australia
This article is pretty encouraging for me actually, i spent 10 months of being 18 doing B2B telemarketing on good advice like this. Im 19 now and while it was pretty hard, it was damn good and im so happy ive developed solid phone prospecting skills. Hopefully i can leverage it later on. Also i found getting the right persons number one of the hardest bits.
In about 2 weeks i hit south america for about a year and im going to try and develop some copywriting, web design and general web programming skills and start an online business. Its so hard to know what to do next though because I doubt my ability a lot. I think i want to build a language learning service involving different tools but i think my biggest concern is the marketing side. Paid online advertising seems like the best way to scale initially but i dont really know what it takes to make a sales funnel viable since i have no internet marketing experience. Does anybody here have any advice on what it takes to build a successful paid advertising campaign and sales funnel? How realistic is a simple $1 a click --> 3% conversion at $100 LCV scenario that can scale really easily ad you pour more $$ into advertising (ab tests to optimise it all lol)?

Is online marketing that simple? Just split test and optimize until the figures add up properly?

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I don't normally like Forbes, but this article was decent. Good thing I got my head out of my a$$ by 22.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.